What is a good (current) method for getting lots of credits easily?

Fatumx

Key word, easily. I'm always aware of the age old MMO way of playing the AH, or GTN in this case. I don't have as much time as I used to, so I was hoping to find other ways. I took slicing on my 'run around toon' and biochem/bio on my other toon to make med pacs and stims. I sell a fair number of those on the gtn but the sales are pretty sparatic, especially with the slightly odd interface for the GTN.

I run dailies, slice every node I see, and just feel like I'm making so little credits. Trying to build myself a stronghold where everything costs close to 1m or more

Take your Biochem. Get stacks and stacks and STACKS of metabolic cell cultures and anodyne extract.

Put those on the GTN at a reasonable price (I suggest stacks of 24 for the GTN). Anyone wanting Lokin as a companion will pay you. Alot. And often, and he only takes 24 at a time.

Well, generally speaking, the "i want tons of cash but neither have the time or want to actually work for it" symptom is as old as i can remember, seen it in every MMO from Anarchy Online, to WoW and all the others that have come out :)

If there was a magical "get rich quick with hardly lifting a finger" method, we would all be stinking rich, and money would have absolutely no value at all.

The quickest overall is probably going to be questing / dailies. Crafting used to be a viable alternative, but Bioware basically took a giant dump on every trade skill the game has. While you can still make money off of it, it will require some effort, meaning its probably not up your alley :)

At least i dont know of any "get rich quick" scheme, unless you put in real cash (Cartel Market).

Edit : As Myracarrah said, Biochem might actually have something going for it right now, with Lokin and the Rakghoul event going :)

Edited by PlacidDragon

Well, generally speaking, the "i want tons of cash but neither have the time or want to actually work for it" symptom is as old as i can remember, seen it in every MMO from Anarchy Online, to WoW and all the others that have come out :)

If there was a magical "get rich quick with hardly lifting a finger" method, we would all be stinking rich, and money would have absolutely no value at all.

The quickest overall is probably going to be questing / dailies. Crafting used to be a viable alternative, but Bioware basically took a giant dump on every trade skill the game has. While you can still make money off of it, it will require some effort, meaning its probably not up your alley :)

At least i dont know of any "get rich quick" scheme, unless you put in real cash (Cartel Market).

There's always something, I knew of several back when I first played and used them well. In other games I would run old raids or dungeons for gold. Most recently, in WoW I farmed Dino bones and sold them for massive amounts of gold.

IE: it's possible, just need to know how. There's always something...besides I'm not looking to make billions, just enough so I can finish my stronghold :p

Farm common data crystals (via heroics mainly), buy legendary companion gifts, sell on GTN for stupid amounts of money. I really don't understand why people are willing to spend so much, but hey, I'll gladly take advantage.

Also get legendary and artifact gifts from the supply packs you get from the heroics, which supplement your cash nicely.

At the moment doing the heroics get fair amount of cash. You can basically just walk though most so not even hard to do.

However while credits are nice getting credits should not be the main motivation for playing.

Hence why I want easy ways to make good numbers..so I dont have to put much thought or time into it.

Just work hard in real life or ask your rich dad for money. Buy CCs and buy CM items with them. Then sell zem in da GTN.

I made millions without even move my character for more than 200m on the fleet. Just do WZs and buy Rep/Imp guardsman for 200 wz comms. Then sell it for 100k each in GTN. ITs so easy. I made 15 mil for 2 weeks.

Take your Biochem. Get stacks and stacks and STACKS of metabolic cell cultures and anodyne extract.

Put those on the GTN at a reasonable price (I suggest stacks of 24 for the GTN). Anyone wanting Lokin as a companion will pay you. Alot. And often, and he only takes 24 at a time.

Good luck, I see more and more people doing that every day thanks to the demand by Lokin's quest requirements so you're going to be competing with a ton of others. Used to be I could farm 700k worth of materials in an hour. Now? Lucky if I can get that in 2 or 3. Still might be worth it to some, but don't get your hopes up. Problem with any gold rush is you're not alone in it.

Yah, thats one reason I prefer cold hard credits (mob kills, quest rewards etc) over Auctions

Then you will never be rich in this game. Actually im surprised many dont mention real secret. Its having a lot alts. Doesnt need to have high IQ to understand why. Each alt has different material gathering skills and also crafting. Then you need to send on missions and collect materials and start crafting. Crits crits is key. Each new big update or expansion comes with new items that people want asap. Craft items that well be always needed mk kits, augments ect.

Buy cartel packs, sell them.

While I think this is a sound idea, I also believe that it is also flawed. When I bought a mess of packs, I found that the majority of the rewards: (1) sell too cheaply, (2) don't sell at all, and/or (3) sell too slowly. Unlike the system over at "Star Trek: Online", where you have a good sense of what sells, "The Old Republic's" system is similar to driving blind.

Yes, you can look up an item's price; however, you don't know if it is actually selling.

After I put a set of keys onto the exchange (STO's system), I 'know' it will be sold within ten to fifteen minutes.

Finally, most of the packs contain garbage.

BioWare is getting more money than players are getting rewards.

I haven't seen my investment (coin purchases and subscriptions) 'truly' pay off.

Edited by Linyivee

Are you geared? Do you have a Healing companion at Rank 25 or higher?

Go solo the Heroic Star Fortresses. You don't need to kill the last boss, just go farm Paladins.

The Paladins drop 208 Hilts/barrels/armorings/mods/enhancements, all of which are BoE. The hilts/barrels will get you 400-800k each, the mods 200-500k if they're good. Some of the enhancements are crap, but a few of the good ones will get you 130-250k. Also, the Mini-boss can drop some decent decos. You can 'try' for the boss if you want, but he doesn't drop anything good except a rare chance at the Eternal Walker. Which goes for 1.5-2mil each.

Kill the 2 Paladins, exit Star Fortress, abandon mission, start over.

Each heroic at 65 nets you about 15-20,000 credits. There's usually a bonus quest which nets 15-20,000 as well.

Each planet has on average 4-6 of these so you can make a good amount for minimal work.

With all the planets added up you can easily get a million credits for just a few hour's work.

While I think this is a sound idea, I also believe that it is also flawed. When I bought a mess of packs, I found that the majority of the rewards: (1) sell too cheaply, (2) don't sell at all, and/or (3) sell too slowly. Unlike the system over at "Star Trek: Online", where you have a good sense of what sells, "The Old Republic's" system is similar to driving blind.

Yes, you can look up an item's price; however, you don't know if it is actually selling.

After I put a set of keys onto the exchange (STO's system), I 'know' it will be sold within ten to fifteen minutes.

Finally, most of the packs contain garbage.

BioWare is getting more money than players are getting rewards.

I haven't seen my investment (coin purchases and subscriptions) 'truly' pay off.

No one said to open the packs... sell them unopened...

Each heroic at 65 nets you about 15-20,000 credits. There's usually a bonus quest which nets 15-20,000 as well.

Each planet has on average 4-6 of these so you can make a good amount for minimal work.

With all the planets added up you can easily get a million credits for just a few hour's work.

Hmm, sounds like a good way to get some quick cash, what class do you think would be good for this kind of thing? I'd assume something with some strong aoe burst and self healing (I know, you shouldn't need much with low lvl stuff)

So..I got a merc I could finish leveling...probably the best for quickly pulling all those off?

Key word, easily. I'm always aware of the age old MMO way of playing the AH, or GTN in this case. I don't have as much time as I used to, so I was hoping to find other ways. I took slicing on my 'run around toon' and biochem/bio on my other toon to make med pacs and stims. I sell a fair number of those on the gtn but the sales are pretty sparatic, especially with the slightly odd interface for the GTN.

I run dailies, slice every node I see, and just feel like I'm making so little credits. Trying to build myself a stronghold where everything costs close to 1m or more

Run the mats missions for adaptive circutry continuously as you play. Those are going for 35 to 40k each. I easily make a million credts a day and it takes next to no extra time. Just stop by the gtn before you log out and list what you gathered, undercutting the lowest listing, and log back in to profit.