How to make 208+ mods?

Zajontz

I'm totally confused...

According to the developers you should be able to craft Elder game "Story operations mode gear" as following:

Elder Game Crafting:

• All Modifications acquired from Operations can be Reverse Engineered for their Schematics.

•Operation Gear can no longer be Reverse Engineered.

• Crafters can now make gear equivalent to Story and Hard Mode Operations gear:

•This gear can be acquired from their respective Trainer.

•This crafted gear, when Reverse Engineered is equivalent to Story Mode Operations gear.

• When this Story Mode equivalent gear is Reverse Engineered, a player can acquire the schematic to craft Hard Mode Operations equivalent gear.

• This new gear has a guaranteed Reverse Engineer chance.

• This new gear is sellable & tradable.

•This new gear requires a new Crafting material that can only be acquired by completing your personal Conquest goals.

•This gear does not have set bonuses.

• Relics cannot be crafted in this method.

What does this actually mean? - as far as I can see - rating 178 (Prototype blues) is top rating from trainers - which can be RE'ed to 186 (Advanced purple) and thats it... So where are the trainable ones? I have tried to see if the mods from Common Data Crystals (208 purple) and Glowing Data Crystas (216 Purple) can be RE'ed - but no... - so where do I get the schematics or the correct mods to RE?

Can someone give me a straight answer?

I can confirm 216 gear purchased from crystals can have their Armoring plates, mod and enhancements removed and Reverse engineered (as well as barrels and saber hilts). This also works for 220 rating.

Armoring plates RE'd this way do not give set bonus and also are not locked into specific slots (head, chest ect).

They have a 60% chance to learn schematic.

You can also use 216/220 gear that is dropped from flash points and ops in the same way.

Their crafting material cost is generally NOT worth it though. I say generally- because there is at least one instance where it can be considered worth it...

I have not experimented with 208 gear because this rating is so low- that i feel this is pointless at this point.

Elder Game Crafting:

• All Modifications acquired from Operations can be Reverse Engineered for their Schematics - translation: you can RE grade 42 and 43 item modifications acquired through using crystals or raiding and you have a 60% chance to get the schematic for that item modification. i.e. if you use glowing crystals to acquire the off-hand lightsaber, you can rip out the hilt and an artificer can RE it to get the schematic for the Versatile hilt 42. And a cybertech can RE the mod and enhancement to attempt to get those schematics. You can do the same thing with glowing crystals. Or you can go into a SM Op win a token for a piece of gear with item modifications and rip them out and RE them for schematics

•Operation Gear can no longer be Reverse Engineered - translation: you used to be able to RE Ops shells that the item modifications came in for a schematic for the shell. This is no longer possible

• Crafters can now make gear equivalent to Story and Hard Mode Operations gear:

•This gear can be acquired from their respective Trainer.

•This crafted gear, when Reverse Engineered is equivalent to Story Mode Operations gear.

• When this Story Mode equivalent gear is Reverse Engineered, a player can acquire the schematic to craft Hard Mode Operations equivalent gear. - translation: armormechs and synthweavers can acquire from their trainer a blue quality schematics of rating 208 for gear slot equipment: Head, Chest, Waist, Hands, Legs, Feet, and Wrists. that when REed will produce a rating 216 or SM Ops quality. Similarly, armstechs and artificers can acquire 208 rating weapons and off-hand items (shield, generator, focus) that can be REed into rating 216 items.

• This new gear has a guaranteed Reverse Engineer chance. Translation - when you craft the rating 208 from the trainer and RE it, you are guaranteed a rating 216 schematic. The speculation is that because of the need to use several Exotic Isotope Stabilizers (an exotic material found in HMFPs and Ops), it would not go over well if there was a chance of failure

• This new gear is sellable & tradable. Translation: this crafted equipment is Bind on Equip, meaning you can craft it and post it on the GTN for sale

•This new gear requires a new Crafting material that can only be acquired by completing your personal Conquest goals. The rating 216 SM Ops equivalent stuff requires a material that is only acquired by completing the Conquest personal goal. This material is NOT Bind on Pickup so you can buy them off the GTN, but they ain't cheap.

•This gear does not have set bonuses. self-explanatory I would think. Set bonus gear is a benefit of raiding. You do not raid you do not get set bonuses period. this has ALWAYS been the case.

• Relics cannot be crafted in this method. I do not think this is the case, I have seen players requesting crafted relics of this rating but maybe they are requesting in vain.

• Relics cannot be crafted in this method. I do not think this is the case, I have seen players requesting crafted relics of this rating but maybe they are requesting in vain.

I think in this specific instance they meant that you couldn't get Ops-equivalent gear from RE'ing trainer schematic relics, only from RE'ing Ops token relics, because crafted relics would have exactly the same stats, and then what would be the point of token relics?

Elder Game Crafting:

an artificer can RE it to get the schematic for the Versatile hilt 42. And a cybertech can RE the mod and enhancement to attempt to get those schematics.

So if my main who is an artificer buys a 216 offhand pulls the hilt and he can RE it but

does that not make the offhand bound? if i then pull the mod or enhancement can i send it to an alt to RE? or is it bound?

i read somewhere that when you pull an item from a weapon or armour it binds the ITEM to you

not willing to test it dont have that many crystals

So if my main who is an artificer buys a 216 offhand pulls the hilt and he can RE it but

does that not make the offhand bound? if i then pull the mod or enhancement can i send it to an alt to RE? or is it bound?

i read somewhere that when you pull an item from a weapon or armour it binds the ITEM to you

You need a piece of legacy armor. You pull the mod/enhancement (which will be bound to you) and put it in the legacy shell and send that to your Cybertech, who can pull it out (and it will be bound to him/her now) and RE it.

You need a piece of legacy armor. You pull the mod/enhancement (which will be bound to you) and put it in the legacy shell and send that to your Cybertech, who can pull it out (and it will be bound to him/her now) and RE it.

Thanks mate i'll give it a crack tonight

You can't DE the hilt to get the schematic for the 208 Hilt from the offhand but you can put it in a main. I don't know about the 216

The speculation is that because of the need to use several Exotic Isotope Stabilizers (an exotic material found in HMFPs and Ops)

Eek. I have one of those materials. I have done no 4.0 FPs of any in group mode, or, at least, not in a group.

But I did solo the H2 FP to destroy the Voss Stellar Fortress. Does that count as an HMFP?

Eek. I have one of those materials. I have done no 4.0 FPs of any in group mode, or, at least, not in a group.

But I did solo the H2 FP to destroy the Voss Stellar Fortress. Does that count as an HMFP?

No it doesn't.

There is 2 materials for 216, and above, equipements and modifications.

One that you have by conquest mode, that can be used for crafting stuff like earpiece.

And the other (dark matter catalyst) that you can get in ops, mostly (if not only) used for modifications (hilt, barrel, sophistication, ...)

An interesting fact about those Stellar Forteress is that they let you have a hilt or barrel of ilvl 208 in expert. Though I don't know if you can RE it (I only have a cybertech).

Edited by Torarn

No it doesn't.

There is 2 materials for 216, and above, equipements and modifications.

One that you have by conquest mode, that can be used for crafting stuff like earpiece.

And the other (dark matter catalyst) that you can get in ops, mostly (if not only) used for modifications (hilt, barrel, sophistication, ...)

An interesting fact about those Stellar Forteress is that they let you have a hilt or barrel of ilvl 208 in expert. Though I don't know if you can RE it (I only have a cybertech).

OK, that's interesting. I had (and used) a conquest-sourced one during the repeatable-crafting week, so now I have myself a 216 main-hand weapon.

I currently have (but not from Ops because I've never been in an Op) one of the others, the exotic isotope thingy.

OK, that's interesting. I had (and used) a conquest-sourced one during the repeatable-crafting week, so now I have myself a 216 main-hand weapon.

I currently have (but not from Ops because I've never been in an Op) one of the others, the exotic isotope thingy.

Yeah the conquest material is used to make 216 un-moddable gear, such as complete sabers and weapons or armor.

But there's another purple material that are only acquired from ops that allows you to create the 216 or 220 armoring, hilts, barrels, mods and etc. The mat currently runs at 1.6-2mil each and the item itself sells for more. Remind you this is just for ONE mod, armoring, hilt or barrel.. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

You're just better off getting the comms for them with maybe the exception of a hilt or barrel since you can't get the main hand version from comms, but still better off using the conquest material to get a whole one or just doing an ops run.

Man I am so glad Albion's closed beta is about to begin, time for some real crafting!

Edited by Aricus

• 2 weeks later...

• 208 modifications: Drop in Heroic SF or pulled from dropped / vendor gear, cannot be reverse engineered.
  • 208 weapons / armor: Trainer schematics available for all crew skills, items are not modular, require Exotic Isotope Stabilizers (HM FP drop / Operations / bought with crystals), and can be reverse engineered to lean 216 rated items, which can be reverse engineered to learn 220 items - both 216 and 220 items require Strategic Resource Matrix acquired from conquest.
  • 216 modifications: Pulled from dropped / token / vendor gear, can be reverse engineered for schematics, crafting requires Dark Matter Catalyst (dropped in operations)
  • 220 modifications: Pulled from dropped / token / vendor gear, can be reverse engineered for schematics, crafting requires Dark Matter Catalyst (dropped in operations).
  • 224 modifications: Pulled from token gear (tokens drop in highlighted HM Operation), cannot be reverse engineered for schematics.

• 1 month later...
OK, I've acquired Gear from the Crystal Vendor's for the 208, 216 n 220 Armorings. I read further up the post that I should be able to RE them to get the schematic for that lvl item. But when I go to try to RE them I get the message "You don't have the appropriate crew skill" Now I do have my Armormech at 500 n Scavenging at 500 n Slicing at 500...why won't it let me RE the Armoring? When I hit the RE button in the inv. window the item's grey out. I've checked to make sure I don't already have the schematic. Can someone help me out. please?

I read further up the post that I should be able to RE them to get the schematic for that lvl item. But when I go to try to RE them I get the message "You don't have the appropriate crew skill" Now I do have my Armormech at 500 n Scavenging at 500 n Slicing at 500...why won't it let me RE the Armoring?

At a guess you're trying to RE a Versatile armoring.

Armormechs can't make them, just Synthweavers.

I thought they said in patch 4.0 that Armormechs now make armorings n not Synth. Hmmmm....I just looked on my Synth. guy He does Armoring also but Versatile. What's the big difference?

Edited by Lenisirz