Madness- Lightning strike?

Scatmanworlds

LS looks like is a better choice dps wise than spamming force lightning, which it should be.

but, over and over ive tested the difference between spamming FL and alternating FL LS, and spamming comes out ontop every time.

The FL LS rotation is just clunky, it does not flow like it used to when we could clip the FL on the proc, now, if you hit it ever so slightly too soon, you end up with hard cast and a waste of time.

ive done dozens of parse's, over and over, and every time, spaming FL comes out much higher dps. nearly 400 dps difference...

FL spam

http://parsely.io/parser/view/87146

Alternating FL LS

http://parsely.io/parser/view/87169

am I doing it wrong, or is it simply not worth using LS anymore?

Same for me. I did not do so many parses though. But my highest are with spamming TKT without Disturbance.

Ever since 3.0 i mainly avoid using Disturbance. Some people say its a DPS loss but most of the time i can not see it.

I also agree on the clunkiness. Hardcasting it is infuriating and can allready happen if you get a small ability delay.

I suspect it has to do with the qing of abilities. Unfortunately we cannot q LS/D during TkT/FL cause it will end up on a hard cast, so we wait to see the 4 stacks or the icon flash before pressing it. On the other hand we can safely q TkT/FL during its channel starting the next one immediately. Also add to this that a number of times when I click very close to the 4 stacks I fire it instantly but I still cast it posteriori.

Now can you try something else please, can you cast a full FL, then another but q LS on the 2nd hence cutting the 2nd FL on the gcd. How does this work with your parses? Od course it might be more complicated as there is the other things coming off gcd if you include everything. But it might be possible to do parses with just FL and LS.

Edited by MusicRider

Only tried once for both methods. I saw about 150 dps increase by spamming force lightning and not using lightning strike. Admittedly, i made quite a few mistakes in the LS parse, but the thing that struck the most is that spamming FL isn't nearly half as force starving as using LS.

It felt god awful trying to run it like that

the run had some of the highest crit rates ive had and its still 400 dps behind, but I will admit its not very smooth and could probably be better with a lot of practise

http://parsely.io/parser/view/87270

Many thanks. Yes I can imagine it felt uncomfortable as such a rotation is not something that any of us would be used to. But. I hope you see my point from above.

I think this issue is comming from the 3.0 class changes. We lost the skill tree mastery, that gave LS/Dist a good damage increase, through the shift to diciplines. Together with the impossibility to clip FL/TKT which can mess up the proper rotation very fast.

They never compensated for it, and this is also the reason why madness/balance was in a very bad spot over the last year.

The only reason why it is on par with L/TK now is because they gave us the increased dot crits with FL/TKT-spam.

Edited by IkarusXY