Priority Target is Eternity Vault - WTH?

Doesn't the stacks reduce max hp by 1% each? How can you go above 100 then?:confused:

AFAIK Sorc bubbles, Jugg AoE taunt shields, Jugg tank Force Scream bubble and Agent Shield Probes will allow you to go past 100 stacks, since they are a essentially extra HP.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AFAIK Sorc bubbles, Jugg AoE taunt shields, Jugg tank Force Scream bubble and Agent Shield Probes will allow you to go past 100 stacks, since they are a essentially extra HP.

What I mean is, I always thought they reduce your maximum hp by 1% each. So at 100 stacks you would have 0 maximum hp. And above 100, you'd be in the negative maximum hp values. Apparently, that's not how it works:o

What I mean is, I always thought they reduce your maximum hp by 1% each. So at 100 stacks you would have 0 maximum hp. And above 100, you'd be in the negative maximum hp values. Apparently, that's not how it works:o

Cheese OP :) It's the only way I can justify bringing my Jugg into any ops. "No I understand my AC has the lowest sustained DPS in the game, but I can cheese an orb/fire device/heave/ciphas doom a minute"

Well, obviously your health doesn't go negative. :-) You do get above 100 stacks, but any stacks above 100 are meaningless. Obviously any damage is a one-shot at that point, but the only sources of damage are Heave and Aberrations (I don't believe Essence Sheer does damage post-100), both of which can be managed easily with bubbles and defensives. A coordinated group specifically trying to get the highest stacks possible could probably sustain for quite a long time post-100 if it weren't for the enrage.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

Cheese OP :) It's the only way I can justify bringing my Jugg into any ops. "No I understand my AC has the lowest sustained DPS in the game, but I can cheese an orb/fire device/heave/ciphas doom a minute"

Lowest sustained dps in game right now Pyro or One of the operative specs, forget which.

Edited by GhOsTPrOz

Lowest sustained dps in game right now Pyro or One of the operative specs, forget which.

That's why I said AC, not spec. You can always respec to the higher parsing spec. It would be like claiming PTs are the worst DPS in the game because they could spec pyro.

Anyone who whining and complain in here just don't have enough alt to win his MH or being an *** that dont want any casual player to have a hand on Top tier gears.

Everyone who is you is a pesky little bastard :-p

I had like 15 alts unlocked, I didnt get a MH and never went for it and I'm fine with complete scrubs parading with BiS.

What I'm NOT fine with is how community mangled it. Ninja looting? All the way. Grinding the hell out of EV since it's easy as hell? You name it. Cannibalism? Be the first!

Hopefully, you got the idea.

Well it is pretty obvious now that PVE is now in the same position as PVP was pretty much since launch:

- simplier and simplier ways to acquire gear with every expansion (decrease in WZ comm prices for PVP and just showering PVE players with all types of comms)

- omnipresent bolster for both PVE and PVP (even ranked) to cater for people who cba putting time and effort in gearing up their character and just want to jump in to the content NOW

- simplification of gameplay in order to attract more players (regardless of the skill level) and decrease queue times (imfamous "pvp'ers just want more pops and kill red" e.g quantity over quality) - tacticals and bolstered/level synched GF ops and flashpoints

In other words - PVE is simply entering the same world of hurt PVP was lingering in for years now.

Next year they will decide that releasing a chapter each month requires too much work and tell us that all that we want is to show off our fancy outfits and strongholds. And we will end up with a cozy little version of Minecraft with glowsticks. And an iPhone port.

Edited by wmst

In the 3.0 patch, people could do NiM ops without top tier gear. Still the gear had to be good in order to manage. Now 224 gear = NiM ops access. The NiM ops, which is the best stuff in SWTOR, should not be reserved the inner circles of guilds but to pugs as well, and it's possible in the current game design. Even if EV HM is easy, the gear will only be available in that ops every ninth week, which is not very often.

In the 3.0 patch, people could do NiM ops without top tier gear. Still the gear had to be good in order to manage. Now 224 gear = NiM ops access. The NiM ops, which is the best stuff in SWTOR, should not be reserved the inner circles of guilds but to pugs as well, and it's possible in the current game design. Even if EV HM is easy, the gear will only be available in that ops every ninth week, which is not very often.

It was not a rakghoul event, it was the whole zombie apocalypse in SW:TOR.

Know why? Because people didn't think once if they can kill boss on a toon they have or not, they could by definition... So bring all the toons, moar gear, moar...... MOAR>>

Don't you see a problem here? It's not about accessibility/puggability by itself, it's about how braindead people became doing this and how focus shifted from actual raiding to pure grind. As for game design, that's simply BAD. If 224 BiS gear would be given out for basic comms or as you hit 65, it still would be better than what we have now.

And, finally, OK situation: you get 220s, go to NiMs, kill first few bosses, get 224s, go kill last bosses. All in pugs.

Not OK situation: Grind grind grind... Find out that when you go to actual raiding people are simply NOT EXPECTING wiping and NOT UP for it. They start fencing themeselves from this, from "noobs" (despite being ones as well at times) and so on and essentially leading to elitism, guild raids and stuff while everyone is running BiS. It is not that highly accessible gear makes it harder to see if person is good for anything before even starting the raid, I highly dislike this approach. It is that people _expect_ gear to be relevant to difficulty level at least _somehow_, so when they go to an ops which drops 220s and expect it to be about as easy as ops dropping 224 cause they have better gear and so on (not necessarily explicitly), it leads to dire consequences for the community. Not to mention people expect bosses to be easy for they killed them multiple time. Different scaling is confusing, too.

This combination of factors leads to vast abandonment of NiM raids and making them not-so puggable at least now simply because people are becoming more and more distasteful about them. "LF 1T 3D 1H DF NiM" - of all responses you'll get just a couple of people at most and the rest will be either silence or "Sure, what's the point? Let's run highlighted HMs better" . They'll list you causes ranging from "hard to find people/not enough gear/not up for wiping there with scrubs/it drops 220 gg bw". And you'll get some people be like "only done sm, can I join?".

I've tried to pug some people for EC HM a couple of days ago and got ZERO responses in a prime time. Because it's not rewarding. Raiders don't run SMs much either but they don't go for NiMs in pugs now and I can see why. Can you?

it's good that people have a chance at getting some better gear from HMs; it'll keep people interested in running them and they're much more accessible than NMs. It's good for the scene as a whole if people people are raiding, in pubs and in org groups. It's not good if people plateau or feel like story modes are all they can do because they can't get good enough gear to do higher level stuff.

if we're being honest the difference between 216/220/224 isn't large enough to really be worth caring about. If the carrot of getting the top gear from HMs keeps people around or makes them more likely to form org groups, that's well worth a week of easy HM EV every couple months or however long the rotation is.

It's not good if people plateau or feel like story modes are all they can do because they can't get good enough gear to do higher level stuff.

The limitation of people tackling NM content has never been gear. Players capable of actually doing NM content have zero difficulty acquiring the gear for it.

At least that has been my experience.