Returning Player, cant progress?

MasterKayote

So i just came back after years after hearing/reading good things about the story, KoTOR3, yadda yadda...

I buy the two months sub. Delete my old quests(mostly old dailies and vehicle), go to my ship, other than a few companion dialogues I get nothing else. There is a console with a greyed out mission which I am apparently not eligible for. My trainer at the fleet had nothing other than some new abilities I had to train. I went to the new plant Makeb (I believe) ... same thing, a droid with a greyed out quest. Illum just has a few heroics. And I doubt I there is anything in the planet previous to that (Voss?).

This is very frustrating, I came back to catch up on story quests, have a limited time to do so, and have already spent the first two days (not 48 hours) managing the insane amounts of inventory I found myself with, the UI, specs, and yesterday pretty much just looking for a quest to continue playing. I am level 50, the last thing I cleared was Karaaga's Palace (IIRC), and Lost Island. I think the only level 50 dungeon I never finished was Terror From Beyond, but thats a raid isnt it? As in not part of the story? Unless thats a prerequisite (is it), im really at a loss.

If you stopped at 50, there are some daily quests out there but don't really add to anything. If you want to progress the story by expansion, fly to Makeb, that will start the storyarc for Rise of the Hutt. Once you are done with that, if not 55, can do some of the heroic +2, you can get them from the fleet on main circle which allows you to port right to them. You can solo them with the companions now.

When done with that there is a guy on the fleet that starts the prelude for shadows of revan, gives you a solo fp to do and then you're off on that expansion. Once done with that you can easily start KOTFE at 60 and go from there. I was a bit overwhelmed also with everything but just go with the storylines, do a couple heroic +2s for gear, don't worry about mods or anything. The new 40+ blue's will be better than any Rakata raid gear you had from 1.2.

So... can't figure out what you are doing there. I mean there are quests everywhere. Your main quests are now highlighted in purple on you map and in your log.

Aside from that, you should have an instant 60 that you can start from the character creation screen to jump right in KoTFE.

So, did you finish Chapter 3? It ends after questing on Corellia for most people. Also, there is a terminal on your ship that also carries your main quests if you have finished chapter 3 or are at least a 50.

Look for the terminal on your ship. Look for purple quests on you map and in your log. That should get you back on track. And if you don't want to do all of that, start and instant 60 bypassing all of it and starting fresh in KoTFE.

It seems you're confused more than anything and it's unclear what kind of quests and/or direction still exists in your log based on what you're saying, here.

To be clear, when people describe the story, they're typically referring to your character's class story and maybe the varied planet stories up until the end of Chapter 3 (which takes place on the planet of Corellia, to be even more precise). Those class stories flow into "Rise of the Hutt Cartel", yes, which takes place on the planet of Makeb. Then into "Shadow of Revan" on the planets of Rishi, Yavin and, finally, Ziost. And then, finally, you reach "Knights of the Fallen Empire" which is the latest iteration of over-aching story.

In order, basically: Chapters 1-3 of class story --> Rise of the Hutt Cartel --> Shadow of Revan --> Knights of the Fallen Empire. (don't tell anyone, but I skipped The Hutt Cartel during my most recent playthrough of the Knight story, gasp. I'm not a big fan of Makeb.)

Operations and flashpoints DO have even more story involved, yes. Those layers of the story are interwoven into the overall story of the game as a whole, but are not necessarily REQUIRED in order to experience the story, either. They work rather to make the story deeper and more meaningfull. And to give your character the chance to gain armors and rewards worth obtaining for further progress through the game, shrug.

Not sure that helps. But if you're looking to truly experience the story, which is what you say you returned for -- then maybe restart a character and really follow the story from the start ...? I mean, it's like you picked up a book that you set down years ago and tried restarting reading it at the very end, and now you're frustrated because you forgot the start.

It seems you're confused more than anything and it's unclear what kind of quests and/or direction still exists in your log based on what you're saying, here.

Seems that way. I didnt check Corellia to be honest. Not sure if itll help, it was mostly a new daily area of which I did many times, but Ill check it out when I get on again. Maybe they added more since I left. Ill also try heading down to the actual planet Makeb. I only went as far as the docking station before I gave up.

Im basically just looking for where to continue (both class and world arc). None of the quests I had when logging in seemed part of it. It was a couple of heroics, an operation, and vehicle quests. No purple quest markers and id like to do the arcs leading to and including Fallen Empire so no level 60 boost (yet). I remember most of the story from before, I dont think an entire replay is needed either though I may make an alt if I have time remaining.

Definitely helped, thanks!

Seems that way. I didnt check Corellia to be honest. Not sure if itll help, it was mostly a new daily area of which I did many times, but Ill check it out when I get on again. Maybe they added more since I left. Ill also try heading down to the actual planet Makeb. I only went as far as the docking station before I gave up.

Im basically just looking for where to continue (both class and world arc). None of the quests I had when logging in seemed part of it. It was a couple of heroics, an operation, and vehicle quests. No purple quest markers and id like to do the arcs leading to and including Fallen Empire so no level 60 boost (yet). I remember most of the story from before, I dont think an entire replay is needed either though I may make an alt if I have time remaining.

Definitely helped, thanks!

No worries. I only hope you don't become so frustratingly lost you outright give up. Maybe it's because I'm a big-time reader, but I've put books down and tried coming back to them later on and been confused when/where I left off. There's nothing wrong with starting over, if it's story you're trying to experience.

I've heard you need to be 51 to get the Makeb line to start now.

You don't need to be 51. But if you hit lvl 50 long enough ago, your character may not be eligable because a flag wasn't set. If so reaching 51 seems to fix it.

My lvl 50 Jedi who I started at release couldn't start the Makeb quests, but my lvl 48 Smuggler whom I started in Sept could.

You don't need to be 51. But if you hit lvl 50 long enough ago, your character may not be eligable because a flag wasn't set. If so reaching 51 seems to fix it.

My lvl 50 Jedi who I started at release couldn't start the Makeb quests, but my lvl 48 Smuggler whom I started in Sept could.

Wow, ok ill keep that in mind. Seems like a bug that can happen to someone who hasnt been around for a while.

you need to do one of a few things , either pick up the daily pvp quest and weekly and run them to hit 51 , or the daily flashpoint , ext ext . This is the thin you need lvl 51 there are some other threads with people having bugged Rise of the hutt cartel quests not starting until they hit 51. When you hit 51 the console in the ship will offer you quests again.

. This is the thin you need lvl 51

You don't need to be lvl 51, you just need to level up. It just so happens that 51 follows 50... This should only affect characters that were level 50 I'm guessing 2-3 years ago and haven't leveled up since then.

I've heard you need to be 51 to get the Makeb line to start now. Try gaining a level from heroics or whatever.

This was it. After Black Hole didnt give anything new I deceded to just do some dailys there. lol, I see not much has changed. Is this a new bug or has this been up since RotHC?

Edited by MasterKayote