I don't want to play alone.

Luesarim

I have been playing this game with my best friend since it came out. I love it yet the newest expansion is killing it for me. The story is awesome. I love that BUT you killed group play! I can't group with her! I can't play WITH her. I have to play HOURS alone. WHY couldn't you have allowed us to do it together? I would MUCH rather do it TWICE than alone.

I just don't understand why you couldn't have done that. It kills the fun we have interacting our characters together. And thusly it kills the yearning to go through the story with all our toons. I don't want to play alone.

The stories are a bit of a single player experience until you hit ch9. However once you get to the point where your doing Star Fortresses/Alliance building, the content begins to support grouping. Its a lot easier (and more enjoyable) to do it with a friend, hang tight through the first chapters, you'll get there Edited by Terro_Fett

I don't understand why you are unable to play with her at this time....could you elaborate?

For example, on Makeb, you and a friend can do the storyline together, fascinating, I know. You do the cutscenes together, kill the same targets to update each others' and such, a really innovative way of playing an mmo. KOTFE, no such luck, you HAVE to do it all solo which is what he is complaining about. I finally allowed my son to play with me and have been having a blast with him, laughing at each others' responses or silly things he does because he's still learning but I know we will have to experience KOTFE separately which kind of stinks.

You CAN play together, you just can't both advance the story at the same time.

Form a group, then after she enters her instance, have her right click her picture and summon your character to her instance. It works, but it can be a bit more complex than it used to be.

Edited by LadyVix

Well, you will have to do each player's story separately ( only one player's story will advance at a time in instanced areas) but you can do them together.

Make a group, then right click your portrait. On the menu that appears is a "group" selection; go to that, and choose '

summon group".

The people in your group will brought to you. So, you will only advance your own story at that time. But, at least you can do things together. In the end, it is like if you and a friend are playing the class story for an identical class. Only one player's quest can advance at time.

So in short: make a group, right click your portrait, and go to "group" on the menu, and summon the group. You will need to do things twice, but no need to do them alone.

I hope this has helped you!

What my friend and I have done is we do our own instances by ourselves, but at the same time, and we're chatting on Vent. Throughout the chapters there tend to be quests where you go out into the "common" areas and can get updates together. Sometimes your updates for each other, sometimes you each have to get them, but other than sharing cutscenes and conversation choices, it's pretty much the same as Makeb.

And as was mentioned, once you are through the chapters, everything else is grouping.

For example, on Makeb, you and a friend can do the storyline together, fascinating, I know. You do the cutscenes together, kill the same targets to update each others' and such, a really innovative way of playing an mmo. KOTFE, no such luck, you HAVE to do it all solo which is what he is complaining about. I finally allowed my son to play with me and have been having a blast with him, laughing at each others' responses or silly things he does because he's still learning but I know we will have to experience KOTFE separately which kind of stinks.

Ah, Ok I get it. Yea, I would agree that can be a bummer, certainly. Especially considering you could group up to that point.

I have been playing this game with my best friend since it came out. I love it yet the newest expansion is killing it for me. The story is awesome. I love that BUT you killed group play! I can't group with her! I can't play WITH her. I have to play HOURS alone. WHY couldn't you have allowed us to do it together? I would MUCH rather do it TWICE than alone.

I just don't understand why you couldn't have done that. It kills the fun we have interacting our characters together. And thusly it kills the yearning to go through the story with all our toons. I don't want to play alone.

After you finish the story and get to your alliance, there will be some heroic flashpoint content that you and your friend can do together. :)

I gotta agree that this is kind've crap, yeah.

I've been able to mostly play with my bf on a toon I ran through the story already on, but trying to advance through it together was a mess.

Shouldn't be messy and unfriendly to do that like it is.

I have played the game with my husband since launch, our main characters have done all the content together I was very dissapointed that we wouldn't be able to advance in the story together. But I have played the new storyline with one of my many alts It makes you The Outlander not A Outlander, it is emersive and has me hooked to play through with all my characters (only 18 more to go) you can level with people by summon.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.