The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

208, 216 & 220 dps offhand missing

Fallerup

I went to the PvE vendors today to gear up my Powertech for some dps, but all the vendor had was a shield generator and a mercenary offhand blaster. why is this?

I must assume that the Jedi sage / SI Sorcerer offhands are not sold either, only shields, although I haven't checked because as a powertech I can't use them anyway.

so the question is, my dear devs, where are the missing offhands? Because it cannot be right that some classes get their appropriate offhanders while others are stuck with alternatives.

assume that the Jedi sage / SI Sorcerer offhands are not sold either, only shields, although I haven't checked because as a powertech I can't use them anyway.

There's your first problem. Check the Warrior vendor. With Mastery changes just use that as it doesn't matter on the type anymore.

I went to the PvE vendors today to gear up my Powertech for some dps, but all the vendor had was a shield generator and a mercenary offhand blaster. why is this?

I must assume that the Jedi sage / SI Sorcerer offhands are not sold either, only shields, although I haven't checked because as a powertech I can't use them anyway.

so the question is, my dear devs, where are the missing offhands? Because it cannot be right that some classes get their appropriate offhanders while others are stuck with alternatives.

The trooper offhand is there, they just always forget that PTs and Mercs dont both use a pistol so you can't outright purchase it imp side (boltblasters defaults to Merc/Mando)

I'd recommend grabbing the sorc one for 2 reasons (and yes, the sorc one does exist because it doesn't have stupid complications like different offhands for different factions). 1. Mastery lets you use it penalty free, and 2. In 220+ gear, 2 enhancements is BiS. As there are 3 Accuracy pieces for PTs, you should ditch one - and all DPS offhands may be Power/Acc, but all healer offhands are Power/Crit. A VG can just grab the Combat Medic's one, but a PT needs the Force Healer's Focus