Warzones LOL

Maalus

Just played 2 warzones at L41 against a group of 55 - 62's.

Up untill now my groups have consisted of 30-40's and have been a lot of fun. As a healer I've been able to heal and kill at a level that's consistent in an even matched. My last two matches I wasn't able to get a heal off on myself let alone my team as I was constantly locked down and killed within 2 or 3 seconds by this group.

I then went on to google the level brackets and learned there are none and it's all to do with who is queuing. I realise it's late in my timezone so there will be less people around my level bracket that are on, but I had no idea they'd remove the level bracket in WZ'ns till now.

This to me seems crazy. The bolster system clearly doesn't work, particularly when higher level players have so so so many more skills to utilise.

This in short is a sure way to put new players off PVP or perhaps the game in general. *** are they thinking here?

My point is, if groups are matched well, then PVP in SWTOR is a huge amount of fun, but currently the matching system just makes it frustrating, enjoyable and a complete turn off to new players who are pvp orientated.

I don't understand why the devs would facilitate a situation were players are forced into such unbalanced pvp at the lower to mid levels. SURELY they should want pvp to be a fun experience for all?????

Edited by Maalus

Actually, yes. With brackets for every 10 or 20 levels queue times will be huge, the game's population is low.

The game's population will continue to get lower with such an imbalanced pvp system in place. I now see why.

There are brackets, though. 10-40, 41-64 and then 65 regs and ranked. Still....agreed....if you go into lows at lvls 10-15, maybe 20, you're going to get wrecked if the other team has a lot of 25-40's. Mids, it's the same. You go in between levels 41 and, say, 55 you'll get blown away if your team is mostly in that range as well and the opposing team is all 60-64.

And now in 65 regs you have folks queuing so they can get their companion who have 0 PvP gear. This is the bracket where that is absolutely essential. Well, 65 regs and ranked are the only brackets where you can get PvP gear, but if you go in without it you're nothing but cannon fodder.

It's not a good way to encourage new players to PvP.

Actually, yes. With brackets for every 10 or 20 levels queue times will be huge, the game's population is low.

only way to make that work would be cross server and they flat out refuse to do that. If someone kidnapped all the Dev's families and said make cross server PvP or they die. They would rather let them die than make cross server WZs.

There are brackets, though. 10-40, 41-64 and then 65 regs and ranked. Still....agreed....if you go into lows at lvls 10-15, maybe 20, you're going to get wrecked if the other team has a lot of 25-40's. Mids, it's the same. You go in between levels 41 and, say, 55 you'll get blown away if your team is mostly in that range as well and the opposing team is all 60-64.

And now in 65 regs you have folks queuing so they can get their companion who have 0 PvP gear. This is the bracket where that is absolutely essential. Well, 65 regs and ranked are the only brackets where you can get PvP gear, but if you go in without it you're nothing but cannon fodder.

It's not a good way to encourage new players to PvP.

It is a good way. The problem is that a lot of whiny PvE players don't want to do pvp to get a companion. They can't do ranked anyways and everyone started pvp with no gear at some point. However, they have the "raid" mindset. Aka they need gear immediately or else they won't do it, plus they want freebies.

BW made a good decision with that companion. 99% of the game is PvE centered so one companion isn't a problem imo

you get bolstered anyway, everytime i queued on all of my toons lvling up, i always still had enough stats with the bolster for it not to be an issue. stick near your team mates and dont go rambo and you should be fine... When you get to 65 then you can complain all you want about "warzones LOL" because at least then theres a legit complaint.

you get bolstered anyway, everytime i queued on all of my toons lvling up, i always still had enough stats with the bolster for it not to be an issue. stick near your team mates and dont go rambo and you should be fine... When you get to 65 then you can complain all you want about "warzones LOL" because at least then theres a legit complaint.

Bolstering is a joke. I have a 65 PVP geared toon which I'm not talking about here. My issue is that around L40 you are placed with L62 players who absolutely destroy you. As healer spec you go from being able to keep your team alive (most of the time) to not being able to get a heal off before you are destroyed in a couple of seconds.

I had a solo L62 jump to me, lock me down and remove my health to zero whilst I was still stunned. There is your 'bolstering'. Prior to that, I could wait out the stun, throw on a heal and either fight back or tactically retreat.

I'm telling you, PVP goes from being incredibly fun to overwhelmingly frustrating and predictable.

If the bracket IS 41-64 then this would make sense as I only noticed the L60's when I hit 41. It's still terrible to be playing against players 20 levels greater. Even if you look at the healer spec, an L64 healer will have a hell of a lot more healing skills in his bag than an L41.

This experience will put mid level players off PVP. Plain and simple.

The real question is what healer are you playing? if its not a sorc... that explains why your getting blown up so easy. That or what class destroyed you? AP PT? Sin/Shadow? Op/Sc? yeah.. those classes are healer killers.

low level warzones are just for fun and not to be taken seriously... go in with that mentally and have fun. Once, you hit 60's you will be annoying to others. It goes both ways... underpowered at low levels to overpowered later. Enjoy it till 65, then come back and make another post. =P

I don't know how you used Google, but you got false informations. There are indeed brackets. When you hit 41, you switched brackets. You were at the top of the food chain as a level 40, now you are at the bottom of your new bracket as a 41.

Wait until you get to 65, you'll realize you suck tout-court.

Nope think the brackets were removed with 4.0. Which is what OP stated in his OP.

It's "better than cross server"!

I have yet to see someone under level 40 when PvPing on my 60-64 characters (I have all 16 Ac's at 60+), so there is effective bracketing for most of the day at the very least. Can still be a bit of a culture shock when you ding 41 as you instantly go from being one of the stongest in your warzone to one of the weakest.

Edited by Vodrin

I realise it's late in my timezone so there will be less people around my level bracket that are on, but I had no idea they'd remove the level bracket in WZ'ns till now.

Wait...wut? They removed the brackets for lower level players? So...10-64?

And, so, now it is far easier to farm inexperienced Players now ...

Wait...wut? They removed the brackets for lower level players? So...10-64?

At least I can confoirm that my level 38 or 39 character was playing against level 65, yes. The Bolster message said I was scaled up to level 65.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer