what is the point of pvping?

ShinobiDemon

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no token drops in World pvp, no titles to take, no infamy /valor...no tokens that drop not even gear/credits that drop off a wild pvp kill...whats the point of open world pvp?

not everything in the game has to be based around "getting stuff", may i dare say some things should be based around...fun?

Fun.

Outlaws den has rewards in it, but not for actually killing players.

It seems Bioware thinks that PvP progression should only come from warzones for better or worse.

Its this reason why many pvp players are playing one PvE servers.

This is no reason to be on a pvp server.

* The difference is that you can gank low level players on the plants from lv 30 to 50.

PvE servers still have.

* Battle of Ilum pvp "lv 50 area"

* 3 Warzones

* Tatooine FFA warzone area. "lv 50 area"

PvP servers still have.

* Battle of Ilum pvp "lv 50 area"

* 3 Warzones

* Tatooine FFA warzone area. "lv 50 area"

* Gank low level players. "lv30 to lv50"

Edited by Valperion

Its this reason why many pvp players are playing one PvE servers.

This is no reason to be on a pvp server.

* The difference is that you can gank low level players on the plants from lv 30 to 50.

PvE servers still have.

* Battle of Ilum pvp

* Warzones

* Tatooine FFA warzone area.

PvE servers still have.

* Battle of Ilum pvp

* Warzones

* Tatooine FFA warzone area.

* Gank low level players.

like you really know pvpers are playing on pve servers...haha

Well tell me the difference bro, that you can gank low levels.

What a blast and that most of the areas are instanced.

* Low population = no pvp.

I like pvp but I like biowares approach to let me pve and pvp at my pace.

I haven't tested open world pvp yet myself but if that's the case they really should work on more features for open world pvp.

Of course they need to be careful not to make killing random players there rewarding, since then you'd have massive exploits where entire guilds would kill each other constantly to get the best rewards asap.

But they could easily set up things like hourly battles there, where Republic fight Imperials over a given territory (and maybe even some territory where guilds vie for personal dominance over a territory), and taking part in those battles would award points, titles etc, and it would shape the world.

If it's just random pvp with no rewards and no meaning then it's a failure IMO.

Well tell me the difference bro, that you can gank low levels.

What a blast and that most of the areas are instanced.

* Low population = no pvp.

I like pvp but I like biowares approach to let me pve and pvp at my pace.

you been to tatooine? plently of pvp there on my server. I was simply admiring your ability to assume crazy things like "pvpers on pve servers" based on something completely unrelated to it. haha. troll harder.

I haven't tested open world pvp yet myself but if that's the case they really should work on more features for open world pvp.

Of course they need to be careful not to make killing random players there rewarding, since then you'd have massive exploits where entire guilds would kill each other constantly to get the best rewards asap.

But they could easily set up things like hourly battles there, where Republic fight Imperials over a given territory (and maybe even some territory where guilds vie for personal dominance over a territory), and taking part in those battles would award points, titles etc, and it would shape the world.

If it's just random pvp with no rewards and no meaning then it's a failure IMO.

Hi there...I like your shirt.

you been to tatooine? plently of pvp there on my server. I was simply admiring your ability to assume crazy things like "pvpers on pve servers" based on something completely unrelated to it. haha. troll harder.

yawn...

Come visit the "Girrada the Hutt PvE server"

Majority of players play warzones non-stop.

Personally I am at Valor rank 41.

---

btw

How is the "open world pvp" rewards!?

O ... wait ... haha ...

Edited by Valperion

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/s...-of-october-13

Georg Zoeller

"one of the top things on our list for post launch is a rated Warzone system where players can form teams, earn team ratings, earn individual ratings, as well as participate in tournaments"

I imagine the majority of people queuing up for instanced PvP if that's where the best rewards will be coming from.People will do what they like. If the majority likes to queue, then that's what they want to do.

Honestly, this reads a lot like 'OMG, there might be incentives for players to do what they like instead of what I like.'

If people prefer to do Warzones over open world PvP or vice versa, then that's their prerogative and we won't force them to do the other thing. As for where the best rewards are, you'll earn rewards by doing either.

Obviously they were going to put it in and it didn't make it. It sounds like it should be going in at some point.

There are no token drops in World pvp, no titles to take, no infamy /valor...no tokens that drop not even gear/credits that drop off a wild pvp kill...whats the point of open world pvp?

For fun? I've NEVER expected rewards to Killing somoene in open world PVP. Especially since frankly, it is very rarely a fair fight. If you are looking for a Pat on the back for killing some dude who was fighting a :strong" Mob when you attacked full on with your companion.....you might wanna start checking out those Extendz commercials.

not everything in the game has to be based around "getting stuff", may i dare say some things should be based around...fun?

So people who dont want to do warzones is gonna wear green/blue **** gear because they dont recieve anything from killing people on the planets? Think before you post please.

...If it's just random pvp with no rewards and no meaning then it's a failure IMO.

This is exactly why you will see people in PvP on Ilum not attacking each other and instead focusing on trading objectives. There's no reason to kill another person when there are objectives that do not require kills.

I PvPed incessantly in Rift. That game has a solid set of PvP mechanics, wide array of maps, open world incentives, it's abo****ely brilliant. Best PvP in open-world since DAOC.

This is...bad. I'm on a PvE server as a result. Why bother?

can we get a dev response? To those who keep saying "oh you can just pvp for fun noob" lol you're not using your head for lack of a better term....as with the current system, there is no point to real world pvp; needs to be a win/loss system in place; use this for reference;
watch it through trust me the win/loss system in this game was the best; the dialogue is horrible but just listen to it...it makes the most sense...Theres not a lot to do at lvl 50; really need something to keep the pvp strong or this game will die fast for the pvp fans; warzones are boring and very laggy.

• 3 weeks later...