The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What rotation are you guys getting the most burst with in pvp? (tactics vanguard)

AimSmall

lately ive been trying (preload shoulder cannon) AP, gut, then stockstrike, TS until HiB is up. and clearly CB when 4 stacks this seems to be pretty decent burst, but i was wondering if theres anything i could be doing better. Edited by AimSmall

lately ive been trying (preload shoulder cannon) AP, gut, then stockstrike, TS until HiB is up. and clearly CB when 4 stacks this seems to be pretty decent burst, but i was wondering if theres anything i could be doing better.

This rotation seems solid enough but I usually try to get to guts in

Imo, the opener is key and it's really what everyone fears when talking about our damage. The thing that makes Tactics/AP so good is that the delayed detonation allows us to fit all of our best attacks inside a double relic proc window consistently: SG -> AP -> TS -> CB (fully primed auto-crit) -> HiB -> SS. Both relics will proc before CB and HiB in nearly all cases and by this time you've closed the gap on someone and can then begin the normal rotation with gut etc Edited by Plicitous

• 2 weeks later...
Imo, the opener is key and it's really what everyone fears when talking about our damage. The thing that makes Tactics/AP so good is that the delayed detonation allows us to fit all of our best attacks inside a double relic proc window consistently: SG -> AP -> TS -> CB (fully primed auto-crit) -> HiB -> SS. Both relics will proc before CB and HiB in nearly all cases and by this time you've closed the gap on someone and can then begin the normal rotation with gut etc
too many acronyms.. so lost T.T can someone explain this to me in Power tech terms?

lately ive been trying (preload shoulder cannon) AP, gut, then stockstrike, TS until HiB is up. and clearly CB when 4 stacks this seems to be pretty decent burst, but i was wondering if theres anything i could be doing better.

There is no set rotation in PvP, and you got the basics. Before you activate explosive fuel, try to have gut and armor debuff on them. As for what skill to use, range and HiB reset are the primary determinants here.