KoTFE Legacy gear suggestion

SettGirkkurn

Dear Bioware, thanks for bringing back old gear designs and in Legacy flavor. GG

However, even that RNG is awesome way to make something, both in terms that "always works" and "never be mathematically supported", you have to admit that it is actually poor implementation of otherwise great idea. So please hear this suggestion (from the guy that currently opened about 100 of boxes, got mostly belts and bracers, and stuff that will never use).

People are already fed up with lottery from CM, and its different, since if you don't like something from CM you can sell it on GTN. This is not the case with legacy bound drops from alliance crates. When you open 100 boxes, and no desirable piece drops, people will simply stop doing it.

With that in mind here are 2 suggestions.

1. Introduce tokens instead of RNG lottery draws from alliance boxes. Similar as you have Gray Helixes, and Rakghoul containers. For this purpose lets call it Alliance token. Introduce 4 vendors (per faction since tokens should be legacy bound, so the guy that sells Agent gear, also sells Smuggler gear depending on the faction you are logged in). So instead of random piece of gear, you get 1 Alliance token for old legacy gear. From here you have 2 options

- separate pieces of gear per class = which will give users awesome customization options by combining different pieces, but also clutter since I expect more than 200 pieces of gear per class.

- boxed complete sets of gear, e.g. Boxed Tionese Boltblaster set which would contain of course complete set

Price them accordingly, and price them expensive. E.g. single chest item would cost 50 tokens. Complete set would be like 500 or whatever. That way, people will still have to grind for the desired gear, but will actually know WHAT do they grind for. Currently people are grinding, have no idea for what they are grinding for (is it a chest, belt, bracers?).

2. If option suggestion number 1 is not viable for you, then for the love of God, make some sort of list of items you already have. So, if I have drawn Tionese Boltblaster chest, then please exclude it from all of my future RNG draws.

RNG is one thing, but drawing 30 bracers, of which 12 are the same is not fun nor rewarding. You still have time sink, and people will still have clear picture for what they are mindlessly grinding crates. Yes, I will have to potentially draw 200 items before my desired item drops, but still know that I will eventually get it.

Hope you will take this into consideration.

Edited by SettGirkkurn
Typos

Oh god, yes. I had bank tab(S) full of the gear, and no intention of using it. I actually just vendored most of it off. If it was collection, AND I had a full set, I'd be like, go crazy. But noooo. No collections. And didn't even have a full set of anything to unlock. Same pieces. Blah.

Not only that, I like how my characters look. And with all that gear, finding "matching" sets just to see how they look is a bit insane.

/signed - Either it should be organized ALOT easier, or it should simply be if you want it, buy it, otherwise, here's a comm to spend on your choice of legacy kotfe gear.

The sheer amount of legacy gear you get from these is ridiculous. If you are going to give it to us, make it unlock in collections. I love having the option of legacy gear, but a million pieces of it taking up my inventory space just isn't realistic.

/signed

If you are going to give it to us, make it unlock in collections.

I think this is the simplest fix. Include those legacy items into collections. If possible, when recieving a piece of legacy that you have already unlocked in collection, make a note or 'grey out' the item letting you know that you already have that piece unlock, rather seaching for that piece to make sure you have it before vendoring it

• 2 weeks later...
Now that you mention I think I got some Dread Guard items as well... you know that horrid looking spikes all over the place that would poke your eyes out if you actually wear that stuff... So yeah, it has LOADS of old gear... bad thing is its all RNG...

Good point, I forgot the Dread Guard stuff. Maybe because it's so hideous, so my brain was trying to unsee the previews...

This sounds like a great idea.

Might I also add -

Make the old Tionese / Columni / Rakata gear obtainable through this system. Perhaps even some of the Oriconian / Dread Forged / Dread Master.

Also, the Kell Dragon gear. I know it was just a slight re-skin of the Underworld gear - but it was one VERY NICE re-skin and the weapons were absolutely awesome to behold! (the kell dragon gunsligner's guns for example). Same for the Oriconion gear..I know they were just slight variations and re-skins of each other - but damn they were really cool! Perhaps - have these pieces come at a premium of some kind. Have to get the 'Underworld Knight' chest piece first and then use this AND a bunch of alliance tokens to get the 'Kell Dragon Knight' chest piece.

Maybe, even have legacy weapons obtainable through this system? A balancing mechanic could be requiring a certain influence level with a specific alliance commander (say lvl 15 with Sana Rae to get legacy lightsabers) to select this legacy weapon and to have legacy weapons require a significant investment (more than the armors) to obtain.

Edited by Siefer