Treek is too annoying now

johnbgardner

Please have Treek say something other than "You underestimate me." The frequency of this comment during combat is really annoying. Thanks.

I leveled over 2,500 levels in SWTOR with Treek as my primary companion. (57 characters from Lv10 to Lv60-65) Treek was my favorite, but with the 4.0 nerfs to Treek and the same irritating line repeated thousands of times, I had to switch to another companion. I'm sad to lose Treek, but I'm absolutely pissed at Bioware for taking her from me.

I leveled over 2,500 levels in SWTOR with Treek as my primary companion. (57 characters from Lv10 to Lv60-65)

Damn, that's what I call conviction.

I couldn't even do 20 levels with Treek before dumping her for another companion. The constant spam of Ewok language was making my ears bleed.

Last night I decided to finally use a ranged companion, I have had Treek for over a year now and never used her, I loaded her up with tech gifts up to influence 20 but had to turn the sound off for all the repetitive thank you's. I should have kept it off, because for all the "You underestimate me!" spam I feel like i wasted my time and gifts. I assume it will be fixed eventually, but by then K'Krohl and I will be friends. He is like the Pokemon evolution of Treek anyway. :rolleyes:

I assume this is BW trolling us, like with the Ice Scrabbler Jerky recipes. I didn't think it was possible for Treek to be more annoying before 4.0 and now she's 10x worse. She just says "You Underestimate Me!" in Ewokese over and over again.

Then again, maybe they're just priming us for the inevitable cartel market unlock to silence companions. Personally I find ALL of their repetitive chants annoying, but she's by far the worst. There's really just no need to comment on every single kill, especially with repetitive phrases. But Treek takes it two steps further commenting before they even die and it's just the same phrase. ::Mutes game sound::

Ideally, the companion sound profiles would equate to something like a 10% chance of commentary at 50% health or mob death with 20-30 phrases rotated through. Right now we have a 100% chance of commentary with 3-4 phrases, or one, in Treek's case.

Edited by RandyL

Dear God, what has happened to Treek? I was fairly tolerant of her chatter up until the recent change. Now I'm ready to stab my ears with forks. The same sentence every 10 seconds, possible even more frequent that that. My chat box just fills up with her comments until I can't see anything else.

Does she do this in every role mode now? I've had her on healing.

• 3 weeks later...
Please have Treek say something other than "You underestimate me." The frequency of this comment during combat is really annoying. Thanks.

I have noticed that "you underestimate me" spam is actually triggered by her ability Fektur Bug, which is cast approx every 20 seconds, and needs to be removed, not the cast, the trigger..

You can disable this for the minute and have silence lol

Edited by Nommaz