M14X Quest

DarkAltar

You need to seriously change this quest!!!! 7 PVE geared people and 1 PvP geared person can't take on an 8 man pvp geared team! this game used to be fun now it's a joke cause of this one stupid and incompetently designed quest!!!! Who in their right mind would make people who have never pvp'd in their entire time playing this game and force them to do so! It ruins the fun of those that enjoy PvP. Every time I enter a match and see all of these people running around like chickens with thier head cut off getting killed in 2 hits it makes me want to just quit this game. You already killed the game when you made sages and sorcs gods add in the overpowered powertechs/vanguards and this game is by far the worst balanced MMO in history!!!

More than a bit of hyperbole there. It distracts from your argument btw.

I agree with your dislike of what's necessary to obtain the companions in question. I already came to the decision that I will not bother with M14X or the Imperial counterpart regardless of story line effects.

totally agree: PVP should be separate, do it if you want or don't. Making a character for PVE subject to PVP is annoying for people who dislike PVP and annoying for people who like good pvp but end up with `others who are semi-interested.

I see as much wrong in having a companion reward for pvp as I see having decoration or unique cosmetics for pvp reward; nothing.

Want the companion? better work for it.

Want the Akk dog? better pay for it.

Want anything in the game? better be prepared to complete random task for it MMO style.

Asking everything to be changed to the way "you want to play" is in no way fair to anyone.

And crying about PVE geared people of WZ is a little worry as opposing team will get PVE randoms too. Better go premade if it bothers you that much unranked.

Well, I guess a Trooper is one class I WON'T be rolling at 60. If you roll a Trooper the ole'fashioned way, you get Forex relatively early on. If you can get your rep with him to 10 before you start the Outlander thingy I think you can skip the pvp.

But for the record I fully agree with the OP. PVP should ALWAYS be completely VOLUNTARY. This means NO QUEST, MISSION, or any other playthrough should EVER require PVP as a component, feature or hurdle to overcome, unless that quest, mission or playthrough was given to the player in a PVP WARZONE, in which case, the player will have voluntarily entered into PVP and therefore will continue to be engaged in activities related to PVP.

ALL OTHER GAMEPLAY SHOULD BE PVE AT ALL TIMES. I have, do and will continue to ignore, shun, refuse and leave undone, any quests that force me to PVP. Fuggedaboutit. Yes, this does mean that I won't get some really cool things in the game, but EFF THEM ALL if I have to PVP to get them.