The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is Forced PVP better than Cross Server?

DarthTyranid

Cause while I occasionally enjoy PVP, I sure as heck hope that Bioware is not going to count this as their 'fix' for lack of participation.

Given their history, it probably is.

Never mind that people who don't like PvP will never PvP at all, or maybe just the minimum number of matches needed to get through whatever carrot/stick nonsense is required to get what they want.

Never mind that the best way to get more people to play a certain type of content is to make that content actually enjoyable for more players.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

given their history, it probably is.

Never mind that people who don't like pvp will never pvp at all, or maybe just the minimum number of matches needed to through whatever carrot/stick nonsense is required to get what they want.

Never mind that the best way to get more people to play a certain type of content is to make that content actually enjoyable for more players.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Sadly no... Spent all frigging day getting facerolled because of PvE heroes...

Look and that is no offense to anyone that plays strictly PvE. It's more of a description of people who only are doing the PvP for the PvE content.

No one is getting anything out of this except a headache. I want to PvP against other people who want to. And I want a team that wants to. Right now, I just keep getting stuck with people who don't want to PvP. Have no interest in buying PvP gear (even though they have enough comms to do so). And have no interest in doing anything other then basically AFKing for a companion or conquest.

Having people do PvP for PvE rewards is one of the stupidest designs in any game. It does nothing but grief the PvP AND the PvE players. It really seems like BW is just trying to troll the PvP community instead of actually trying to make PvP alluring.

I did the pvp stuff to get Pierce on one toon, just to see if it was terrible.

PvP was still as uninteresting as I remembered. I won't be back to it shrine soon.

I just don't go in at all for the mindlessness it feels to me to be. People always talk about tactics and strategy, and even when I've let myself get talked into premades in guild bashes, the 'deep tactics' were basically dying let the turret freecast, kill the healer (s), take objectives.

I dunno, I grew up playing chess and checkers and card games with family and friends, and there was a heck of a lot more strategy in a game of checkers against my wily old mom than I've ever found in pvp like this.

I'm just not interested if there's no psychological warfare to be had I suppose. Maybe SWTOR pvp is great for certain others, and power to you if you're I've if those others and reading this, but I gotta be honest here - it bores me terribly.

I hear people talk about how challenging it is to go up against real people, and then I do things like my 20 matches (was more like 11 since wins counted for 2, really) and I might as well have been one more clown in a clown car.

I had no freaking clue what was really going on, had no pvp gear and still healed like a boss all over the place.

It wasn't a terrible or traumatic experience like some with pvp anxiety find it to be. It was just bloody boring.

I used to get a real kick out of pvp arenas back in the UT2004 days when we'd all be on voice, both teams, and accessing screwing with eachother.

Mind games are essential to my enjoyment of pvp, I think.

Might be why I spent all my matches to get Pierce doing everything I could to look like great bait and distract as many opponents as I could for as long as I could stay alive. I had a bit of fun getting people to go all tunnel vision chasing a healer (me) and fail to notice that I'd led two or three of them into the thresher of the rest of my team.

So, I found some moments like those, but it was ultimately just more proof in my biannual revisitation of pvp on here being my idea of brainless, boring gear farming.

GW2's pvp is better imo. At least that feels more like high octane rock paper scissors.

Sadly no... Spent all frigging day getting facerolled because of PvE heroes...

Look and that is no offense to anyone that plays strictly PvE. It's more of a description of people who only are doing the PvP for the PvE content.

No one is getting anything out of this except a headache. I want to PvP against other people who want to. And I want a team that wants to. Right now, I just keep getting stuck with people who don't want to PvP. Have no interest in buying PvP gear (even though they have enough comms to do so). And have no interest in doing anything other then basically AFKing for a companion or conquest.

Having people do PvP for PvE rewards is one of the stupidest designs in any game. It does nothing but grief the PvP AND the PvE players. It really seems like BW is just trying to troll the PvP community instead of actually trying to make PvP alluring.

BioWare probably is, come to think of it. Because while I PvP in WoW and Wildstar, I have always disliked SWTOR PvP, and stopped doing it a long time ago. The fact that I have to do 10-20 matches to get my Alliance companion just means that I'm going to queue, run around and get stomped (because I'm pretty useless without gear), rinse and repeat, until my guy is unlocked.

I'm not going to waste my time on PvP gear and that stuff when my participation is extremely finite, and then I won't be back.

You guys find it unenjoyable to have us there. I find it unenjoyable to be there. I'd say BioWare griefed both sides on this one.

Edited by Jumajin