what happened to my learned augment schematics?

watermelonfan

Why do you want Might/Willpower augments instead of Mastery ones?

Why this excessive obsession?

I spent a lot of time, effort, and credits to learn the might and resolve augments and reverse engineer them for blue and purple quality ones.Now with update 4.0. the stats for might and resolve augments are exactly identical to the new versatile augments. Why should I have to start over to learn the new ones when the old ones that I used to have are still in the game, learnable for my skill and exactly identical(except for the name of the augment)?

Edited by watermelonfan

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New 40 augments are better than old 36s.

Not to even mention that you can learn blue ones from trainer. No need to RE greens.

And btw, it was only 10-15 augments to learn higher tier so it wasn't expensive at all.

Edited by Halinalle

I know for an absolute fact that they are because the screenshot (please actually look at it) that I provided you shows a picture of these schematics and its properties. I took this screenshot yesterday. The schematic icon in the screenahot says that you need Synthweaving in order to learn it which I have. And the schematic also lights up which means that I have the appropriate crafting skill to learn it. So why these schematics were taken away from me with update 4.0., I have no clue. None of what I said is an assumption. These are all facts and I have already proven that they are learnable repeatedly.

In other words, you haven't actually tested it. :rolleyes:

New 40 augments are better than old 36s.

Not to even mention that you can learn blue ones from trainer. No need to RE greens.

And btw, it was only 10-15 augments to learn higher tier so it wasn't expensive at all.

Yes I am aware of that. I am talking about the old ones and new ones that happen to have the same numbers. For example, a versatile augment 4 has the same stats as a might augment 4. When leveling up lower level toons it makes no difference if you use might, resolve or versatile augments. Once the toon reaches max level I will have to use versatile augments from a different skill. I am cool with that. I just want to be able to keep my old augments since they have the same "stats", are still "learnable" by my "profession" and have NOT been "removed or replaced".

In other words, you haven't actually tested it. :rolleyes:

The facts I have provided you shows that it can be learned by my skill. This is how it has always been since launch and is still how it works. The schematic lighting up is the games way of telling you that you meet the requirements to learn it. As someone who has played this game for 3 years, I can tell you that it is reliable because that is how it has always worked. So yes I have tested this method for 3 years. In my 3 years of doing this, I have never had an issue learning a schematic that lights up. It therefore, does not need further testing. That mechanic of this game has not been changed. This is common knowledge (or at least should be).

Edited by watermelonfan

Sadly I agree we should have been able to keep them but that not how they did it. I think it wrong too and I was very mad over losing so much work but the fact is everyone lost things and there no way to change it now. You have to start over, learn the new schematics and reverse engineer them to get the new purple ones. On the plus size, there not as many purple schematic to learn and it isn't nearly as hard to get the purples schematic as it was in the old system. You start with blues and I don't think I have had to reverse engineer more then a handful of items to get the purple schematic (If I recall it has like 60% chance or something), unless they changed it recently. I had all my purple hilts by the second day and have all my agument done on all my crafters. :D Edited by TheSeer

Sadly I agree we should have been able to keep them but that not how they did it. I think it wrong too and I was very mad over losing so much work but the fact is everyone lost things and there no way to change it now. You have to start over, learn the new schematics and reverse engineer them to get the new purple ones. On the plus size, there not as many purple schematic to learn and it isn't nearly as hard to get the purples schematic as it was in the old system. You start with purples and I don't think I have had to reverse engineer more then a handful of items to get the purple schematic (If I recall it has like 60% chance or something), unless they changed it recently. I had all my purple hilts by the second day and have all my agument done on all my crafters. :D

I agree with you on the schematics that got replaced with new ones. What I am complaining about is that the resolve and might augments never got removed. They still coexist with the versatile augments. The might and resolve augments just aren't made for levels as high as versatile augments, but the old might/resolve augment schematics that I had still exist and are still learnable by my skill. So I don't understand why there were unlearned by my character. I think maybe the developers made a mistake because I got to keep all of my might and resolve mods on my Cybertech toon. So why don't I get to keep My might and resolve augments? Why do I have to relearn augments that I already had. And since these schematics already existed before 4.0. They would start out as green quality, not blue.

The facts I have provided you shows that it can be learned by my skill. This is how it has always been since launch and is still how it works. The schematic lighting up is the games way of telling you that you meet the requirements to learn it. As someone who has played this game for 3 years, I can tell you that it is reliable because that is how it has always worked. So yes I have tested this method for 3 years. In my 3 years of doing this, I have never had an issue learning a schematic that lights up. It therefore, does not need further testing. That mechanic of this game has not been changed. This is common knowledge (or at least should be).

You are correct in that this is how it has worked in the past. Since you haven't actually tested it post 4.0, you can't guarantee that "That mechanic of this game has not been changed" in this instance. Other players have mentioned that they are now unable to learn some old schematics which should be learnable (although I'm not sure if this one in particular was pointed out).

It really shouldn't be that hard to test -- but it seems you'd rather cling to your assumptions than attempt to actually support your argument.

You are correct in that this is how it has worked in the past. Since you haven't actually tested it post 4.0, you can't guarantee that "That mechanic of this game has not been changed" in this instance. Other players have mentioned that they are now unable to learn some old schematics which should be learnable (although I'm not sure if this one in particular was pointed out).

It really shouldn't be that hard to test -- but it seems you'd rather cling to your assumptions than attempt to actually support your argument.

I haven't heard of any players who have had problems, but in case of the very unlikely scenerio that it is bugged, I will buy one and try it. I can't do it right now but I will do it later today and post my results. I really didn't want to do it because I think it's wrong to have to purchase the same schematic twice, but I will do it anyway on the off chance that it's glitched.

Edited by watermelonfan

ok everyone. I have purchased the might augment 15 schematic from the gtn. I successfully learned it just by clicking on it. It worked exactly the way I told you. I know what I am talking about. That definitely shows that it is learnable by syhtweavers. I had these schematics before update 4.0. Why were theytaken away when they are still learnable by my crafting skill?. Can I please get a response by a developer? There is no way this change was intended. I think this was an unintended change. Edited by watermelonfan

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just logged out and back in. My character no longer has the might augment 15 schematic that I just bought from the GTN and relearned. This is totally bugged. Apparently your character forgets the schematic as soon as you log out. Please fix this Bioware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Yes, but all old schematics where supposed to be deleted when 4.0 dropped, so the fact that they are there is likely a bug, and if you attempted to learn one it would either fail, or give you nothing. Therefore it does need further testing.

I just logged out and back in. My character no longer has the might augment 15 schematic that I just bought from the GTN and relearned. This is totally bugged. Apparently your character forgets the schematic as soon as you log out. Please fix this Bioware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Not unexpected, these are not supposed to exist anymore. It is bugged, and the bug fix will be to delete the old schematics so people can't try to learn them anymore.

Edited by MaximusRex

working as intended, the schematics should not be learnable, thus when you log in, they get deleted. these were old ones that shouldn't exist anymore. there is nothing to fix, other than to make sure they are fully deleted and cant be found.

Yes, but all old schematics where supposed to be deleted when 4.0 dropped, so the fact that they are there is likely a bug, and if you attempted to learn one it would either fail, or give you nothing. Therefore it does need further testing.

Did you not read? I just tested it like someone else requested. I purchased a might augment 15 schematic from the GTN. I clicked on it and successfully learned it. However, once I logged out my character forgot the schematic. These might and resolve schematics were never intended to be removed. There is just a bug that makes everyones toon forget it, even if they relearn it. If the developers intended to remove might and Resolve augments then they also would have removed might and resolve mods. They didn't remove those mods. That means that bioware messed up with making all sythweavers forget might and resolve augments. This is exactly what I have been claiming since the beginning of this thread. This new evidence confirms it.

Also note that if bioware didn't want sythweavers to have might and resolve augment schematics anymore than they would have removed the schematics too because it would be really stupid to take learned schematics away without removing the ability to relearn them.

Edited by watermelonfan

working as intended, the schematics should not be learnable, thus when you log in, they get deleted. these were old ones that shouldn't exist anymore. there is nothing to fix, other than to make sure they are fully deleted and cant be found.

What makes you think they shouldn't still be learnable? How do you know that people losing all of these schematics is not a bug? Why would they take our learned schematics away without taking away the ability to relearn them? The entire developer team would have to make all sythweavers forget these augments schematics but at the same time they would have to totally forget to remove them from the game. That seems too incompetent to be true. It seems more likely that there is a bug that made everyone lose these schematics, even if they relearn them.

What makes you think they shouldn't still be learnable? How do you know that people losing all of these schematics is not a bug? Why would they take our learned schematics away without taking away the ability to relearn them? The entire developer team would have to make all sythweavers forget these augments schematics but at the same time they would have to totally forget to remove them from the game. That seems too incompetent to be true. It seems more likely that there is a bug that made everyone lose these schematics, even if they relearn them.

Because that is what the Devs told us they were going to do here http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8510812&postcount=117

All schematics that are being removed from the game, or archived, will no longer be trainable once 4.0 goes live. You also cannot reverse engineer those schematics to learn new ones.

Hopefully that answers the question!

-eric

You have to start over

Why should anyone have to? Would it have been hard for BioWare to go "We'll archive all the old stuff so no-one loses anything they have put time and effort into" and then "Moving forward x crafting skill is going to be used for learning new schematics from 4.0 onwards" and then adding "We're also going to make x crafting skill able to learn schematics from scratch, so new players joining the game can do all of x crafting skill on one character if they choose to".

Would that have been hard? That way no-one would have lost anything, the way it has been handled is putting a finer point on it, crappy.

Edited by Transcendent

I figured I would post the results of my own testing:

Test was performed on a character with 500 Synthweaving, with Might Augment 36 and Resolve Augment 36 schematics stored in cargo prior to 4.0. (The character had not previously trained these schematics.)

Both schematics were able to be successfully learned and appeared in the "Archive" section of the schematic list. (As a control, Redoubt 36 Augment and Alacrity 36 Augment schematics were also learned.) Learned Might and Resolve Augments were then able to be successfully queued for crafting. However, the items were NOT successfully crafted; companions returned after the allotted crafting time with no items, and the original materials were returned to the character's inventory. (This step was tested twice, with identical results.)

After relogging, Might and Resolve Augments could no longer be found in the schematic list. Redoubt and Alacrity Augments learned at the same time were still present in the "Archive" schematic list (the actual crafting of these two augments was not tested at this time).

Results of this test showed that this character was unable to retain or craft "moved" schematics, but old schematics which match the current crew skill guidelines were still available in the crafting list.

Because that is what the Devs told us they were going to do here http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8510812&postcount=117

The developers never said anything about making schematics from the gtn or missions no longer learnable.

In the link you provided, the player asked "Will those patterns that will be "archived" still be available from the trainers once 4.0 hits?" Eric Musco then responded by saying "All schematics that are being removed from the game, or archived, will no longer be trainable once 4.0 goes live." If you look at what both of these people are saying in context, then you must conclude that only schematics from trainers will no longer be learnable. It doesn't say anything about schematics from the gtn or from missions no longer being learnable. It doesn't even say that we will lose the ones that we have. It just says we won't be able to get the old ones from our trainers anymore. So, I don't see where your going with this. It does not support what you are saying.

Edited by watermelonfan

I figured I would post the results of my own testing:

Test was performed on a character with 500 Synthweaving, with Might Augment 36 and Resolve Augment 36 schematics stored in cargo prior to 4.0. (The character had not previously trained these schematics.)

Both schematics were able to be successfully learned and appeared in the "Archive" section of the schematic list. (As a control, Redoubt 36 Augment and Alacrity 36 Augment schematics were also learned.) Learned Might and Resolve Augments were then able to be successfully queued for crafting. However, the items were NOT successfully crafted; companions returned after the allotted crafting time with no items, and the original materials were returned to the character's inventory. (This step was tested twice, with identical results.)

After relogging, Might and Resolve Augments could no longer be found in the schematic list. Redoubt and Alacrity Augments learned at the same time were still present in the "Archive" schematic list (the actual crafting of these two augments was not tested at this time).

Results of this test showed that this character was unable to retain or craft "moved" schematics, but old schematics which match the current crew skill guidelines were still available in the crafting list.

Thank you for testing it. These are the same results I got.

I don't know why this thread exists.

The schematics were removed because they were moved to a different crafting profession. The developers said they were being removed. The schematics that are available on the GTN are leftovers of the transition, and since they are still subject to the "crafting schematics are being moved" rule, whether you can learn them or not is immaterial: The ability to craft those items has been moved.

Full stop.

Why can't they just let people who learned them still use them? Because special cases are the breeding pools for software bugs and exploits. Because it produces a disparity between old and new players. Because it makes further crafting changes dramatically more complex. Because they decided to change it. Any of these reasons work.

The fact that you can see the schematic does not entitle you to a guarantee of being able to use it, when that directly contradicts design announcements. Learning it does not entitle you to a guarantee of being able to craft the item, when that directly contradicts design announcements. You already have the explanation. People have given you the logic behind the division of crafting schematics. The fact that you're sad about this doesn't entitle you to override the game design.

As for your demand for developer response: You likely won't get it. You don't pay them enough to get personalized responses from developers. If you want a person to talk to you and make you feel special, try the customer service line.

I don't know why this thread exists.

The schematics were removed because they were moved to a different crafting profession. The developers said they were being removed. The schematics that are available on the GTN are leftovers of the transition, and since they are still subject to the "crafting schematics are being moved" rule, whether you can learn them or not is immaterial: The ability to craft those items has been moved.

Full stop.

Why can't they just let people who learned them still use them? Because special cases are the breeding pools for software bugs and exploits. Because it produces a disparity between old and new players. Because it makes further crafting changes dramatically more complex. Because they decided to change it. Any of these reasons work.

The fact that you can see the schematic does not entitle you to a guarantee of being able to use it, when that directly contradicts design announcements. Learning it does not entitle you to a guarantee of being able to craft the item, when that directly contradicts design announcements. You already have the explanation. People have given you the logic behind the division of crafting schematics. The fact that you're sad about this doesn't entitle you to override the game design.

As for your demand for developer response: You likely won't get it. You don't pay them enough to get personalized responses from developers. If you want a person to talk to you and make you feel special, try the customer service line.

1. If Bioware intended to not let syhtweavers keep might and resolve augment schematics then why did they keep the schematics in the game for us to relearn the schematic? Are you trying to say the developers are so incompetent that they took our schematics away and at the same time forgot to remove the ability the relearn the recipes?

2. You are wrong about players causing glitches in the game by keeping unobtainable items. If that were the case then we would not be allowed to keep armor shell schematics for War Hero, Battlemaster, and campaign shells, and ect. I have the schematics for yellow, purple, and cyan war hero crystals. Those are unobtainable. With your logic, I would not be allowed to keep those. We also wouldn't be allowed to keep Korrealis Baron, Korrealis Commander, and old armor shells from old vendors, such as columi gear. The list goes on and on. So if all of this is the "breeding pools for software bugs and exploits" then we must have lots of really serious problems already.

3. "The fact that you can see the schematic does not entitle you to a guarantee of being able to use it". If it lights up then yes you are suppose to be guaranteed to be able to learn it and craft it. The fact that it is not guaranteed in this case shows that this mechanic of the game is not working. Whether these schematics are suppose to be in the game or not is another story. It is unfair for players to spend credits on these schematics just to find out that it is defective and not learnable. Do you think the seller or customer service will refund our credits? Not a chance. Surely we can both agree bioware needs to intervene on this issue no matter which of us is correct.

4. So far I have not seen any concrete evidence that sythweavers are not suppose to be able to craft might and resolve augments. All I have been shown on this thread so far is that schematics from trainers before update 4.0. are no longer trainable. The might and resolve augment schematics are not from trainers, so base on the context of the developers statement you would have to conclude that these do not apply.

5. The developers should respond to this because they have not yet verified if these specific schematics are suppose to be craftable by sythweavers. If they have already talked about this then please share a link proving it. How much I pay them is not important. What is important is verifying it so the entire SWTOR community can be informed what is going on with these schematics. I am not looking to be the center of attention, I am looking for answers from official sources, I am not going to believe something just because its what I'm told. I have done that before in life, and it has backfired. So I need proof that this is intended as the new game design. What better people to ask, than the developers themselves?

6. Customer service is for the most part a joke. They mostly send prewritten responses that are unrelated to the problem I am experiencing. When ever I make a good point or refute their augment they threaten me and refuse to investigate or discuss my case any further. They are not usually there to fix the problem or verify stuff. They are unethical, immature and unprofessional. While there are so some great customer service agents, it can not be trusted as a reliable source because of the many bad employees.

I was just informed by customer service that the might and resolve augment schematics I lost was caused by a bug. Will I get my schematics back once this is fixed? Does Bioware have any way of figuring out which ones I had before they were deleted? I would really like these back because they have higher stats than the new ones. The old ones are also available for a wider range of levels. With these I can upgrade every 2 levels. With the new ones I can only upgrade once every 8 levels.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.