Under-leveled people complaining about difficulty...

Nakoto

I've seen this a lot on the forums or in game it feels like. People complain that class quests are too difficult. I don't understand, are these people new to MMO's and don't know to do sidequest? Everyone I've seen complaining about difficulty is under-leveled, so please Bioware, don't change it. :D

I've only experienced the first 20ish levels (on 5 different characters now). While the content is doable and I pretty much never die I found it fairly challenging at times. Considering I've been playing MMO's for like 14 years now and I consider myself good at them I feel the level 1-20 content is set a bit too difficult. At those levels it should take doing something stupid to fail like pulling multiple packs of mobs or only auto-attacking or something like that. Let people get used to the game mechanics without challenging them too much. The challenge should ramp up as you get to the higher levels. You don't want to drive people away who are new to this type of game because you made the newbie content too challenging. Edited by Shillen

This game is so *%ing easy as a Bounty Hunter that I've actually started using modded social clothes (the dancer outfit) instead of my heavy armor to give myself a challenge

(Spoilers: it's still *($ing easy)

I play a Operative/Scoundrel healing spec'd. I'm yet to find any solo content I can't handle, it may take me 2-3 times maximum, but I beat it.

if you play the game the difficulty level is fine. It is a learning curve take some time to learn your class and learn the game and you can get it. There was only one quest on tattooine for my storyline with three Sith harrowers you fight individually that I was sweating but I got it in the end.

Everything else is on par for where it should be. I will say this in plain english, if you are having issues other than quest bugs it is USER ERROR not the game.

Maybe it's harder for some classes than for others, but I haven't had any trouble at all with any solo content, as well as a lot of the 2 man heroic content (especially at lower levels). I wouldn't mind if they made it a little more difficult than it currently is, honestly. ymmv Edited by belialle

I've seen this a lot on the forums or in game it feels like. People complain that class quests are too difficult. I don't understand, are these people new to MMO's and don't know to do sidequest? Everyone I've seen complaining about difficulty is under-leveled, so please Bioware, don't change it. :D

true, bloke complaining about the last class quest on corusant today, he was level 15 I think....

Seriously, I've not managed to end corusant at less than level 19, and usually higher doing the quests and occasional pvp.

Did he go level up a bit? did he bollocks, 2hours in chat spamming for help...

I've come across a couple of solo encounters that were fairly difficult as a merc. One was on Belsavis, a quest called Target Rich Environment. Forget which one specifically but his name started with an R. He tore me up four or five times before I finally whipped out Mako. I had been using Blizz before but couldn't keep him up. Of course with Mako he was a breeze.

The other was on Voss in the nightmare lands there's a boss (in the dark heart maybe I can't remember) that places a lot of ground AoE's and hits randomly for 3-4k. I got it on my third try but it involved a lot of time with me below 10% health wondering how I was still alive. That was even con I believe.

Another example is Esseles. It's listed as 2-man but if you go in there with 2 people it will be quite challenging. I was able to do it but it wasn't easy. I don't think you could do it if you brought 2 level 10 dps classes (maybe if they had super gear or something).

There's one optional boss that puts a red circle under him and tears anyone up inside of it. So your companions die almost instantly (I tried putting him on passive so he'd leave the area but he literally stands there for 2 seconds then starts walking towards me instead of running).

Edited by Shillen

I am playing a sith juggernaut as tanking spec (33) and so far no major issues though I am sure to look at my missions for there levell rating and take its advice. I do see a lot of both under levelled and over levelled players in certain areas and a lot of them looking for help ( the under levelled ones) rather than coming back a levell later.

One bit of advice I can give is if your dead set on doing missions higher than you should then invest in some good blue medpack at the highest levell you can use oh and both types of Stims help.

No we are the casuals the new normal to MMOs. You are an minority what you think is right and should be is no longer being catered too. Without a doubt things will be scaled down to cater to the casuals. If Bioware will not do it EA will force their hand. This move is inevitable to stay on top of World of Warcraft.

Edited by HisShadowX

I think it's because so many people who play WoW can't function right outside of the easy natured game they are use to. People can't seem to use their abilities correctly or think out of the box when it comes to the 'challenging' encounters. =/

I've done every quest except heroics (done a couple), never left a planet until I had an empty quest log save the breadcrumb leading to the next planet. I've done the "bonus" series whenever they were presented.

I arrived on Voss at 43 with an empty quest log. I'm guessing I've done half the planet and hit 44. There are 47+ elites kicking my *** right now.

I've can't do pvp (get like 5 fps) or space combat (started late, so no upgrades and easy missions give just 1 commendation when I need hundreds).

I'm an SI/sorc, it may be class related. I've seen others like BH say they're abandoning quests like crazy, and outleveling stuff, which is plain absurd to me.

Ive stopped grouping with anyone under the level of the quest Im going on now because of these boards and people complaining that their unable to do higher level content!

2 days ago a level 15 tried to get me to do the final storyline fight for his inquiz on Dromman Kaas!

LEVEL 15!!!!!

I mean you gotta know he hasnt done a single side quest, heroic, flashpoint, space mission, pvp and has been following other groups around to clear the way to his objectives!

And you just know if I had helped him he would be on these boards complaining Balmorra to tough for him and needs to be nerfed!

Nope, no more grouping up under level people, go play the freaking content and come back when your at level or higher!

This game is so *%ing easy as a Bounty Hunter that I've actually started using modded social clothes (the dancer outfit) instead of my heavy armor to give myself a challenge

(Spoilers: it's still *($ing easy)

Are you joking or are you a cheater of some sort? My Bounty Hunter at lvl 19 has been defeated well over 85 times doing doing quests. Both normal and class quests. Been skipping the Heroic's since no one was interested in group for them even when I had my LFG Tag ON.

Anyone in this game who claims to have never been defeated is either a liar or a cheater or both... :)

I totally agree. I know someone who was raging because he couldn't solo two level 28 elites for his quest. He was 25. Unfortunately he's not the only person I've seen raging about this stuff. This ain't WoW where you can solo red group quests and people need to realize that. I think the current difficulty is really fun and it makes me chain my defensive cool downs to fight quest bosses (I'm dps and use a dps companion). It forces people to learn their class. Kudos bioware! :)

I'm not sure what you mean by "difficult" I'm playing a scoundrel @ lvl 36 now and I haven't actually died yet. I've had situations where I messed up and had to reset, but I've never had a situation where I had to reset if I played properly. Stims, medpacks (reusable), CC that works on elites... what more do you want?

I know it's easier for me because I can just dodge --> vanish but still...

I hit level 24 yesterday and I'm still on Balmorra. I did just finish my last quests and I'm now ready to move on but there are tons of side quests for people to get for them to level up. I never understood trying to rush through a game underleveled.

Just so you know, for Republic Balmorra is lvl 33ish so I originally thought you were really really underlevel'd haha

lol The difficulty is really relative to the level your character is when you try it. If things are "too hard" try leveling on the side a bit and come back. Problem gets to be when it is "too easy" but even then; just go through your story and do the bare minimum like just ignore the extra space mission for now or the bonus kill x number of y enemies until the story level catches up.