Sorc Tutorials by Itchyeyes

xIphonex

you mean even as madness you think would be more beneficial without any alacrity, mean even the dots tick faster is not as good as bigger stronger damage ? u mean 0% alacrity or 3.3 % is enough

Go all power crit including your implants and earpiece and have two alacrity pieces which will give u 3.24% alacrity. It's all up to you. There's another build where you can run 4 alacrity pieces and the rest crit. It's preference really.

Why not delay CL until after using LF and CD? You don't have to use CL on cooldown, just get the reset proc for it on cooldown. Using the instant proc for it doesn't make the next proc able to happen any faster. Get LF and CD on cooldown a gcd faster. Edited by Kakisback

Why not delay CL until after using LF and CD? You don't have to use CL on cooldown, just get the reset proc for it on cooldown. Using the instant proc for it doesn't make the next proc able to happen any faster. Get LF and CD on cooldown a gcd faster.

Guess I sort of got used to just letting the CL go. I'm not much of a lightning player it was just meant for demonstration. I excel in madness and corruption however

Why not delay CL until after using LF and CD? You don't have to use CL on cooldown, just get the reset proc for it on cooldown. Using the instant proc for it doesn't make the next proc able to happen any faster. Get LF and CD on cooldown a gcd faster.

Normally you are right and the proper rotation is blast > flash > darkness > chain for the reason you describe.

But there are exceptions where it is not optimal:

* You have recklessness charges and as of 4.0 then ideally you want these charges to be consumed by blast (bugged IMO as it does not benefit from the new crit/surge changes and it should if it is to hit proportially the same as it did in 3.x), chain and flash. So the actual single target rotation (especially with 3 reck charges) is blast > flash > chain, and this is actually the same rotation in pve also even when crushing is avaialble (does not happen in opener).

* With or without reck charges the "highest" burst is a blast > flash > chain combo. It was considerable in 3.x and it is the most LOL spec in the game in 4.x if taking into account new health pools and other burst specs. And since this is pvp...

* PVP is more dynamic, you might not be able to stand still to cast crushing, might want to go for higher burst instead of "optimal" rotation, you want to do quickly the aoe damage (chain is prob the best burst aoe in the game) before people spread out, and many other reasons. Although you are right, pvp is dynamic in terms of rotations.

The biggest issue is that this kind is a supposed to be a sorc guide on pvp, but it suffers from 2 major problems:

* it is done in a pve way showing "rotations" in a dummy

* the author said himself that he does not play all 3 specs extensively.

For these reasons I cannot consider this guide really useful. might as well read a pve guide for it and you would actually learn even more including the truly optimal rotations.

Edited by MusicRider

Normally you are right and the proper rotation is blast > flash > darkness > chain for the reason you describe.

But there are exceptions where it is not optimal:

* You have recklessness charges and as of 4.0 then ideally you want these charges to be consumed by blast (bugged IMO as it does not benefit from the new crit/surge changes and it should if it is to hit proportially the same as it did in 3.x), chain and flash. So the actual single target rotation (especially with 3 reck charges) is blast > flash > chain, and this is actually the same rotation in pve also even when crushing is avaialble (does not happen in opener).

* With or without reck charges the "highest" burst is a blast > flash > chain combo. It was considerable in 3.x and it is the most LOL spec in the game in 4.x if taking into account new health pools and other burst specs. And since this is pvp...

* PVP is more dynamic, you might not be able to stand still to cast crushing, might want to go for higher burst instead of "optimal" rotation, you want to do quickly the aoe damage (chain is prob the best burst aoe in the game) before people spread out, and many other reasons. Although you are right, pvp is dynamic in terms of rotations.

The biggest issue is that this kind is a supposed to be a sorc guide on pvp, but it suffers from 2 major problems:

* it is done in a pve way showing "rotations" in a dummy

* the author said himself that he does not play all 3 specs extensively.

For these reasons I cannot consider this guide really useful. might as well read a pve guide for it and you would actually learn even more including the truly optimal rotations.

I didn't read this all but I don't think reck is bugged with respect to the new surge calculation for autocrits. I actually think the devs don't want reck to be used this way. I think it would be good, since it would give Lightning some actually good burst, but oh well.

• 2 months later...