[Bug?] Cartel Reputation Vendor Specific Items Behaving Inconsistently

eartharioch

Prior to recent patches, items available on the various Cartel Market Vendors (e.g., Basic Women's Tank and Basic Women's Trunks) but not from Cartel Market packs were not unlockable in Collections and couldn't be recovered on the same character -- multiple copies of each item had to be purchased separately.

I understand that some changes were made to unlockability with 4.0, but I thought it was just that the character that unlocked the item could now unlock them. However, one of my characters had the two Basic Women's items (bound to her, one dyed even) in her inventory, and I just noticed that they are no longer Bound and could be sold on the GTN (I saw a couple of other ones listed).

I checked to see if I could unlock them, and I couldn't, but I could now collect more (Bound) copies for that character. Obviously if people could get more unlocked copies that would be bad, and I wouldn't say anything here, but I'm not sure if this is the expected new behavior or not. I checked the CM vendors and found that a lot of other "Certficate Only" items were now Bind On Equip.

Could you please advise what is the correct expected functionality?

I'm wondering this myself, and I can't find any info on it. I don't wanna get caught up in a bioware "we goofed" moment that later turns out to be an exploit like what happened with the temple chairs a while back. I've seen some of these new BOE certificate items on the gtn also. Just to be safe, I'll be steering clear of these items until it's clear that they are supposed to be BOE or BOP...my guess is the latter.

• 3 weeks later...

Per the 4.02 Patch Notes:

I checked, and the Basic Women's Underwear that I had that was BoE before the patch was now Bound. I checked the GTN and the Basic Men's and Women's pieces are still listed as BoE. Not sure what will happen to them if somebody buys them (or they don't sell).

I can still retrieve additional copies (on my characters that had them), which (prior to 4.0 ) was not possible. The Purchase Account-wide option still shows as available and still doesn't work.

Per the 4.02 Patch Notes:

I checked, and the Basic Women's Underwear that I had that was BoE before the patch was now Bound. I checked the GTN and the Basic Men's and Women's pieces are still listed as BoE. Not sure what will happen to them if somebody buys them (or they don't sell).

I can still retrieve additional copies (on my characters that had them), which (prior to 4.0 ) was not possible. The Purchase Account-wide option still shows as available and still doesn't work.

All items from the CM reputation vendors can also drop from the new gold/silver/bronze packs without a reputation requirement. Those items are still BoE.

The other ones that people bought from the rep vendors have become BoP, again.

All items from the CM reputation vendors can also drop from the new gold/silver/bronze packs without a reputation requirement. Those items are still BoE.

The other ones that people bought from the rep vendors have become BoP, again.

I'm guessing that, but I'm hoping BW will actually address the issue. When they talked about the new CM Packs and the CM vendors, they never said that they were going to make the vendor-exclusive items available to everybody, so until they actually make a statement, I consider it a bug. [And a "possible contents" list would be acceptable documentation, just (to my knowledge) have never released one)].

And the Account-wide issue appears to be affecting everybody.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...