New Levelling Experience - How Long from 1 to 60?

Z-ToXiN

Just wondering - about how long would it take to go from level 1 to 60/65 with the new revised levelling system?

I have characters of various lower levels and just wondering whether it's worth it time wise to level them or use instant 60's instead. Is the levelling speed similar to 12xp for class stories?

Returning player here: Came back during 12X took me a week to get to 60, took me 12 hours to get to 65. I didn't spacebar from 1-65. If people are telling you it takes 12 hours 1-65 then I am not sure how they are doing it that fast.

So, while I can't give you a time, what I can tell you is I've been doing about a planet a day, and have been doing just the main quests and all heroics on the planets I would naturally visit while questing (although I skipped Tatooine's planetary questline). Other than that, I have done 2 Flashpoints, 1 solo black talon and 1 group tactical which we cleared.

I just finished Chapter 1, and I am level 45.

I think if you can do a planet a day, you can be 50, maybe more by the end of the week.

I don't see how quicker leveling makes it casual. There's nothing hardcore about spending more time on mundane things that are not challenging. Dark Souls is hardcore because you have to learn and adapt, a hotbar based MMO leveling experience has absolutely zero potential to be called hardocre, no matter how much time it would take to level up. Unless the only way to level up was soloing 4+ heroics that are 5 levels above you, SWTOR leveling has never been and will never be "hardcore".

My record is 8 hrs from 1-60, and 1 hr 35 min from 60-65. How fast you can blow through the content relies heavily on how well you know each quest, availability of armor upgrades, and knowing how to get to each destination fastest.

I'm a lvl 42 and just arrived on Tattooine. Skipped all flashpoints/intro's/pvp/groupstuff so far and rushed trough content.

If you spacebar and rush trough it all yes you can be 60 in less than a day. The new levelling system really makes things easy and since this is my 11th char I'm talking about I'm happy about it that I really don't need to do all grinding content again.

Edited by Kirameki