Cel Cawdro's Ultimate "Community Desire for Species" Poll: Take 3

CelCawdro

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could they just give us a "costume" slot that turns off during cutscenes? This seems the best way to address the whole desire for species that don't fit the standard. I know people want to customize, so it doesn't float everyone's boat. But I think being able to put on a wookie skin for everything but cut scenes might scratch the itch for a lot of people.

1. Voss

2. Voss

3. Voss

:cool:

Don't be like this guy and actively hamper representation of your favourite species by trying to game the system. :rolleyes: Three votes for unique species. No repeats. Follow those rules, or it doesn't count.

Edited by CelCawdro

Don't be like this guy and actively hamper representation of your favourite species by trying to game the system. :rolleyes: Three votes for unique species. No repeats. Follow those rules, or it doesn't count.

Obviously some people only care about one race, if your 'system' can't handle single votes maybe you need a better (real) 'system.'

1 jawa

2 ugnaught

3 ewok

No need to get uppity about it, just count the one vote. No big deal. :)

Edited by Djiini

Obviously some people only care about one race, if your 'system' can't handle single votes maybe you need a better (real) 'system.'

1 jawa

2 ugnaught

3 ewok

The point is to do away with the binary choices, which lead to skewed results. If you like Kel Dor and Nautolan almost equally, a single choice makes you choose - you may as well detest the other choice. Furthermore, this system also allows for people to make choices that they might otherwise consider a "waste," demonstrating that desire rather than letting it fall by the wayside.

This is a poll that's more representative of the playerbase's desire than anything else. The only way to make it more representative would be to allow more choice than three, not less. Take a statistics class to learn more about polling methods. :)

No need to get uppity about it, just count the one vote. No big deal. :)

It's nothing personal. In the years that I've been running these polls, these have always been the rules. It's simply a reminder. Hundreds have followed the parameters of the poll, and I've made exceptions for no one since that skews the data.

It seems to be a little more prevalent this round, though. Half my posts here are reminders on this front. And that's kind of sad, because otherwise popular species aren't getting the attention they'd be receiving if people followed instructions.

Again, nothing personal. This is simply the way the poll is set up. If I make exceptions for some people, the whole format becomes moot.

It occurs to me that with the new/old KoTOR conversation options, we do not hear our toon speak. Therefore, the alien language limit may also be out the window insofar as the voicing option for our particular avatars.

I think that's more a function of allowing a lot of alliance side stories rather than the mode of conversation for all story from here on out.

Could they just give us a "costume" slot that turns off during cutscenes? This seems the best way to address the whole desire for species that don't fit the standard. I know people want to customize, so it doesn't float everyone's boat. But I think being able to put on a wookie skin for everything but cut scenes might scratch the itch for a lot of people.

Isn't there already a holodisguise or something?

I'd vote Selkath, but it looks like they don't speak Basic. That would pretty much be a wasted vote :(

Honestly I'm surprised Togruta were implemented before the Chagrian though

Well, Togruta typically topped the polls, including my own. Chagrian were lucky to even make an appearance on most.