Just logged on and took a quick glace at the Companion Locator Terminal.

Jnaathra

So it looks like this thing is pretty straight forward and rather basic.

It opens using the classic KOTOR menu and gives you two choices. One is to get your companions back now and two is to wait for them to show up in the story.

So if you recruit them now you effectively cheat yourself out of content later.

Just a word of warning.

I am new to the game and am missing a companion (Torian Cadera). All others are there. I am 100% PRE-expansion tho. Is this a way to get my companion to show up? Would it work for me if Im pre-content? And if so, where is this terminal located at? My main BH is only lvl 35 and has been missing Torian since the start. I started playing the Sun before the early access patch went live and "got" Torian I think a day or so later. He shows up when I do intercom missions on my ship so he is def part of my team. But he wont show up in my crew or companion windows and I have no way to call him which I'd really like to do as I'd much rather tour the galaxy with him than any other companion. :(

I was hoping this new patch would return him to me but it did not. >.<

Does it say anything about quests/story skipped?

If it just gives them to use them like dummys that would be ok. Just to use your favorite companion for doing heroics and what ever.

It would be a huge issues though if you lose quests/story in further expanded content.

Personally I just assumed this would work like Nicco in that I can "Cheat" and use him early than his story unlock simply replaces the "Cheat" version and life goes on. I would love confirmation on this. I REALLY want Kira back on my Knight and Elara on my Trooper but I don't want to risk losing Story.

I am new to the game and am missing a companion (Torian Cadera). All others are there. I am 100% PRE-expansion tho. Is this a way to get my companion to show up? Would it work for me if Im pre-content? And if so, where is this terminal located at? My main BH is only lvl 35 and has been missing Torian since the start. I started playing the Sun before the early access patch went live and "got" Torian I think a day or so later. He shows up when I do intercom missions on my ship so he is def part of my team. But he wont show up in my crew or companion windows and I have no way to call him which I'd really like to do as I'd much rather tour the galaxy with him than any other companion. :(

I was hoping this new patch would return him to me but it did not. >.<

That's a known bug:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8547190&postcount=1

Mando misses the Medical Probe, Merc misses Cadera.

I read on dulfy that if you summon Nico Okarr (using the early access thingie - which I did..) you lose you on a secret achievement later on when you get him in the story ..:(

They didn't mention this..

I hope there's a warning in the terminal for most players.

Edited by Azareya

Well, you still get your companions stories if you choose to get your companions back now so... <shrug>

I chose not to get them back because I want to see where the story goes. BUT, I do appreciate the option to get them back. That is what was needed.

On certain toons, I will get them all back immediately.

When I was getting my bro in crime out of the terminal it gave me a prompt saying "Taking companion now will not impact your story progression", so I'm guessing they will just vanish when their time in the story comes, and meanwhile you get to summon them wherever apart from story areas. Edited by Kiesu

Personally I just assumed this would work like Nicco in that I can "Cheat" and use him early than his story unlock simply replaces the "Cheat" version and life goes on. I would love confirmation on this. I REALLY want Kira back on my Knight and Elara on my Trooper but I don't want to risk losing Story.

I want to know too.

So it looks like this thing is pretty straight forward and rather basic.

It opens using the classic KOTOR menu and gives you two choices. One is to get your companions back now and two is to wait for them to show up in the story.

So if you recruit them now you effectively cheat yourself out of content later.

Just a word of warning.

Thanx, i didn't know that.:(

They should allow you to select specific companions so you don't ruin story elements later for all of your companions.

They do. My Knight already had T-7 from the story and I could pick Kira, Doc or Scourge individually. No Rusk though. Said others may turn up later. No big loss there, I never use Rusk so don't mind waiting for him, lol.

I've decided that I won't be taking any at all out until I know for sure how this impacts later events.

Between those I earned in KOTFE. Those that were given to me free. Those earned post 65 in Alliance and Star Fortress content... I have months of rep grinding to do. I can wait.

I've decided that I won't be taking any at all out until I know for sure how this impacts later events.

Between those I earned in KOTFE. Those that were given to me free. Those earned post 65 in Alliance and Star Fortress content... I have months of rep grinding to do. I can wait.

This is beginning to be an issue for me, between glitches and uncertainty, I don't know if I can even trust to try the companion terminal.

This is beginning to be an issue for me, between glitches and uncertainty, I don't know if I can even trust to try the companion terminal.

It works. I haven't used it but others have. But, I won't do it. Suddenly, the story is too important. I sat in front of the terminal for 20 mins trying to decide and the indecision showed me I cared too much about the story to suddenly have all of my companions back.

I'll just wait to see how it shakes out. So far, I'm quite satisfied the way companions are being handled in KoTFE. And, I have this awesome battle pet. That was genius! Looking forward to finding the rest of my companions through the story.

It works. I haven't used it but others have. But, I won't do it. Suddenly, the story is too important. I sat in front of the terminal for 20 mins trying to decide and the indecision showed me I cared too much about the story to suddenly have all of my companions back.

I'll just wait to see how it shakes out. So far, I'm quite satisfied the way companions are being handled in KoTFE. And, I have this awesome battle pet. That was genius! Looking forward to finding the rest of my companions through the story.

Did the same thing but it only took me 5 seconds to decide. :D It's much more interesting and immersive this way and I can wait. IMO the wait is worth the extra bliss when I meet and recruit them naturally in the story. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.