Sage 'force potency' doesn't seem to increase surge hits

Ycoga

The change to crit in 4.0 suggests that increased crit chance leads to higher surge damage. However when a sage uses Force Potency (which increases crit chance by 60%) there's no increase in surge damage.

Is this as designed?

i guess so, 60% crit will be too broken imho

Under the best circumstances we'd be seeing a 19k+ Thundering Blast every minute and a half-ish with the initial one under both relics, Unlimited Power and adrenal being closer to 23k. Most other burst classes see similar numbers. A quick glance at parsely shows 21k Devastating Blasts, 22k Ambushes, 23k Energy Bursts, 23k Heatseekers, for example.

Besides, from what i understand we wouldn't be seeing a +60% to our hits, we would be seeing a +60% of our Critical multiplier (which should be around 80% taking into account Reverberating Force), so all in all every minute and a half one of our Thundering Blasts would hit about 48% harder than usual. Doesn't sound broken to be honest.

Edited by Kawabonga

Under the best circumstances we'd be seeing a 19k+ Thundering Blast every minute and a half-ish with the initial one under both relics, Unlimited Power and adrenal being closer to 23k. Most other burst classes see similar numbers. A quick glance at parsely shows 21k Devastating Blasts, 22k Ambushes, 23k Energy Bursts, 23k Heatseekers, for example.

Besides, from what i understand we wouldn't be seeing a +60% to our hits, we would be seeing a +60% of our Critical multiplier (which should be around 80% taking into account Reverberating Force), so all in all every minute and a half one of our Thundering Blasts would hit about 48% harder than usual. Doesn't sound broken to be honest.

tb no, chain lightning yes. But as i said, i will give up some self heals for proper burst.

Chain lightning doesn't autocrit though. All you get is 60% crit chance, which adds up to your own for a totalof ~100%. Nothing new happens there.

chain with reck is almost an autocrit now considering chin consume a stack every target it hits and now we have 3 stacks, i probably think double 12k chain is pretty op. Theorizing ofc,

chain with reck is almost an autocrit now considering chin consume a stack every target it hits and now we have 3 stacks, i probably think double 12k chain is pretty op. Theorizing ofc,

This... makes no sense :rak_02:

Yes, chain lightning will definitely crit under recklessness, but that's because we have a crit chance of ~40% and get a +60%. None of that extra 60% goes over 100%, which would be the portion converted into crit multiplier

This... makes no sense :rak_02:

Yes, chain lightning will definitely crit under recklessness, but that's because we have a crit chance of ~40% and get a +60%. None of that extra 60% goes over 100%, which would be the portion converted into crit multiplier

yeah sorry, honestly i didn't know how to explain in a decent english :confused:

There's nothing to bump...

Critical RATING increases your multiplier damage.

Force Potency only increases Critical Chance and doesn't affect your rating.

The only time it may affect your multiplier is if your Critical Chance is >40% and if the game takes Potency as now being an "auto-crit", however the notes are worded ambiguously and I haven't gotten round to testing it yet.

The only time it may affect your multiplier is if your Critical Chance is >40% and if the game takes Potency as now being an "auto-crit", however the notes are worded ambiguously and I haven't gotten round to testing it yet.

Sooo, tb 9k on gered ppl while pt cn 25k is working as intended ?

Nope. Explosive fuel "increases critical hit chance" too, and the autocrits benefit from the extra crit chance it grants.

Thundering blast should benefit from recklessness the same way autocrit energy burst (for example) benefits from explosive fuel, but it doesn't because one increases crit chance for a certain amount of time, the other for a certain amount of abilities.

Needs either a fix or some clarification

Edited by Kawabonga

Nope. Explosive fuel "increases critical hit chance" too, and the autocrits benefit from the extra crit chance it grants.

Thundering blast should benefit from recklessness the same way autocrit energy burst (for example) benefits from explosive fuel, but it doesn't because one increases crit chance for a certain amount of time, the other for a certain amount of abilities.

Needs either a fix or some clarification

That's mb, I forgot that Thundering Blast was an autocrit.

However since the title and thread simply refer to "Force Potency" and "Surge" damage and made no mention of auto-crit, I didn't put 2 and 2 together.

It might be the way TB is coded since all other Auto-Crits are buff dependent (i.e. on your character's side) whereas TB is dependent on your opponent (i.e. it's not a crit until it hits an opponent).

My highest TB crit (raid buff etc) was 16,5k, with current build average crit is about 12k and i think it's ridiculously low compared to other specs auto crits (especially because i was criting 11k prior 4.0). Hope they fix it soon coz otherwise ling won't be viable at all.

PTs in PvP hear are getting 30k crits :/