Leveling too fast

Tuleras

Let me bring some perspective.... In April 2012 I stopped playing like so many others, I had a trooper and I found the class story bosses super hard and almost always needed help.

Step up to September 2014 and one of Swtor emails caught my eye and so I thought I would play again, I couldn't get into my founders account because I had deleted my security key app off my phone so I started a new account.

I played all the way through to lvl55 with a sorc and only died a couple of times. Then came shadow of revan with superbot and I didn't die at all.

Now with supercomp I am playing a consular and haven't come close to dying even once. The lvl sync is a joke, it does not work and in my opinion they just wanted to make the game so my 10 year old grand daughter can play it.

This game is NOT just right, bioware should take it back to pre revan and just give those who don't care to learn the mechanics a auto kill button so they can just move on.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Level sync does NOT make content relevant. When I can agro everything in the area around me and not take enough damage to be in any danger of dying it is not relevant. Level sync is a joke to hide that the game now has less than zero difficulty.

Ah.. hem... It is relevant because you continue to earn full XP and credit rewards for level on the planet in question. People used out level a planet while still playing it and then come cry to the forum about it and their missions going gray. You have simply replaced their cry fest with your own here.

And sorry pal.. the only reason you don't die on level sync is because of your hefty companion... NOT your superior default level. Yes.. you have more skills because of level, but those too are scaled down and frankly... you don't have to use them if it bothers you so much.

and .. "less then zero difficulty" ... LMAO get over it.

Edited by Andryah

Let me bring some perspective.... In April 2012 I stopped playing like so many others, I had a trooper and I found the class story bosses super hard and almost always needed help.

Step up to September 2014 and one of Swtor emails caught my eye and so I thought I would play again, I couldn't get into my founders account because I had deleted my security key app off my phone so I started a new account.

I played all the way through to lvl55 with a sorc and only died a couple of times. Then came shadow of revan with superbot and I didn't die at all.

Now with supercomp I am playing a consular and haven't come close to dying even once. The lvl sync is a joke, it does not work and in my opinion they just wanted to make the game so my 10 year old grand daughter can play it.

This game is NOT just right, bioware should take it back to pre revan and just give those who don't care to learn the mechanics a auto kill button so they can just move on.

I disagree with your perspective. Please revise and resubmit.

You know why they have simplified the leveling process after 4 years of game play? So that brand new players can get up to speed and play the more challenging level cap content more quickly. Same with the @60Level character starts. In other words.. it's not about you. It's about improving quality of life for newer players who don't have level 50 legacies, multiple capped level characters, and a crap ton of credits and items collected over the years.

TL;DR its about leveling the play field and quality of life for newer players.

You don't get to complain about having ideals forced upon you, whilst doing exactly the same. And why should one have to strip themselves of their armor, abilities and companions just so you can feel good about being OP? It would be best to give some people the option to slow their xp gain like they did with those items during 12x.

I am not asking bioware to change the game in any way, you are. because the tiny bit of effort to make things the way you want is too much for you.

I disagree with your perspective. Please revise and resubmit.

You know why they have simplified the leveling process after 4 years of game play? So that brand new players can get up to speed and play the more challenging level cap content more quickly. Same with the @60Level character starts. In other words.. it's not about you. It's about improving quality of life for newer players who don't have level 50 legacies, multiple capped level characters, and a crap ton of credits and items collected over the years.

TL;DR its about leveling the play field and quality of life for newer players.

I agree with you as I said, my ten year old grand daughter can play now, read it all next time my friend.

If your problem with level sync is the fact you're never dying anymore then I suggest some cliff diving. It's very effective. I do it ALL the time and Lord Scourge just stands there shaking his damn head.

Rofl!

I am not asking bioware to change the game in any way, you are. because the tiny bit of effort to make things the way you want is too much for you.

Don't hide behind Bioware. They aren't angry that the Op asked for a decrease in exp. You are. Furthermore I didn't ask Bioware to do anything, I only sympathized with the op frustrations. This small sympathy however was enough for you to come at me like a raging mack truck. Why? It didn't line up with how you feel things should progress so you needed to squash it to reaffirm your own level synch loving agenda. Also, how does one stripping themselves of weapon, armor and companion equal to a fair compromise? These are game elements, same as you have. Why should those who disagree with you have to handicap themselves so as not to encroach upon your enjoyment, while you enjoy the full amenities unrestricted? The scales look a bit imbalanced from where I'm standing. As I've said before, items that reduce the xp gain like we had in 12x would be of great benefit for people who want them. Surely you can see this or perhaps you just don't care as long as it's not affecting your enjoyment. Tsk.

Don't hide behind Bioware. They aren't angry that the Op asked for a decrease in exp. You are. Furthermore I didn't ask Bioware to do anything, I only sympathized with the op frustrations. This small sympathy however was enough for you to come at me like a raging mack truck. Why? It didn't line up with how you feel things should progress so you needed to squash it to reaffirm your own level synch loving agenda. Also, how does one stripping themselves of weapon, armor and companion equal to a fair compromise? These are game elements, same as you have. Why should those who disagree with you have to handicap themselves so as not to encroach upon your enjoyment, while you enjoy the full amenities unrestricted? The scales look a bit imbalanced from where I'm standing. As I've said before, items that reduce the xp gain like we had in 12x would be of great benefit for people who want them. Surely you can see this or perhaps you just don't care as long as it's not affecting your enjoyment. Tsk.

You are the one that seems angry here, you come across as very worked up over this. I really couldnt care less, I was and am still against level sync. Only you can adjust your game experience to suit you, dont expect someone else to. Level sync exists to keep level 65s running the heroic treadmill, it was easier than making content. if you wont do without the powers you dont want to use, to keep the game experience the way you want it, who do you suggest should do it for you? Other games have given toggles that shut off xp gain, that seems a fine compromise. but dont expect bw to do that any time soon. They really dont care what any of us want as long as they keep EA happy. if you cant find a workaround that works for you until then, you might look at other games.

You are the one that seems angry here, you come across as very worked up over this. I really couldnt care less, I was and am still against level sync. Only you can adjust your game experience to suit you, dont expect someone else to. Level sync exists to keep level 65s running the heroic treadmill, it was easier than making content. if you wont do without the powers you dont want to use, to keep the game experience the way you want it, who do you suggest should do it for you? Other games have given toggles that shut off xp gain, that seems a fine compromise. but dont expect bw to do that any time soon. They really dont care what any of us want as long as they keep EA happy. if you cant find a workaround that works for you until then, you might look at other games.

Angry? How so? I've only pointed out the faults in your argument. You can hang up the fleece. You're the one being dishonest with your feelings here regarding level synch. I think we've firmly established which side of the fence you stand on with your opening statement, suggesting that lowering the xp of level synch would be an unwanted enforcement on you for my selfish gain. Even in the quoted, as you state your distaste for level synch, you immediately move to reaffirm its necessity with heroics and follow up with a backhanded false pity statement regarding the xp item compromise whilst pointing to the door. I wonder what the point of all that finessing and double talk was :confused:

Anyways, I'm not expecting a change to a system so thoroughly ingrained in the engine. I can simply sympathize with how the op feels and hope that a reduced xp item may be introduced in the future.

Is there any way with 4.0 that you can slow down your leveling? Wife and I like to waltz thru the zones and not jitterbug.

There is no (useful) way to slow down your levelling, but because of level sync, you don't need to worry about over-levelling too much.

If you want to slow down the "content" and spend more time on various planets, do the Planetary quest lines, and side quest. (To see the side quests, make sure you have "Show Exploratory Missions" checked on your map).

And sorry pal.. the only reason you don't die on level sync is because of your hefty companion... NOT your superior default level. Yes.. you have more skills because of level, but those too are scaled down and frankly... you don't have to use them if it bothers you so much.

and .. "less then zero difficulty" ... LMAO get over it.

What is the point of not using a companion anyway. Not using a companion does NOT change the game to a sizable difference and only makes the fights themselves more tedious. It doesn't cause you to completely change your play style or anything, and not to mention you lose part of the fun running around with a companion.

Take a game like Metal Gear Solid for instance, I can go in guns blazing setting off all the alarms, running by all the security cams, and killing everyone in sight. OR, I can go in with stealth, avoiding fights, recognizing patterns and intercepting a weakness in there patrol point, and instead of just jumping in and killing everyone, I can let the enemies fight each other. This completely and utterly changes the game you play where its not EVEN the same game anymore, gameplay wise, it is COMPLETEY different.

Just a old quote that I thought I would reuse to all those who say put away your companion. The game is easier for a number of reasons, things like the overall XP gain increase, getting sprint and speeders at a earlier level, more QT points, OP companions, and less things to spend credits on. Some of these are nice QOL changes, but things like OP comps and the drastic XP gain increase make the game way to easy.

Also ... yes... this game has a very low difficulty sealing. Sorry.. but a level one influence companion shouldn't be able to solo elite/champion mobs.

Just a old quote that I thought I would reuse to all those who say put away your companion. The game is easier for a number of reasons, things like the overall XP gain increase, getting sprint and speeders at a earlier level, more QT points, OP companions, and less things to spend credits on. Some of these are nice QOL changes, but things like OP comps and the drastic XP gain increase make the game way to easy.

Also ... yes... this game has a very low difficulty sealing. Sorry.. but a level one influence companion shouldn't be able to solo elite/champion mobs.

Way too easy for you; easy enough to play for new players. The storyline isn't tuned to challenge vets, and it shouldn't be.

Way too easy for you; easy enough to play for new players. The storyline isn't tuned to challenge vets, and it shouldn't be.

Although I would heavily prefer a method that caters to high skilled players and those of lower skill, as it is now its simply to easy for new players. A level one influence comp in tank mode is able to literally solo everything in KOTFE, and even some champion mobs on other planets.

I don't mind that its not tuned to my specific liking, but as it is there no difficulty or risk in KOTFE, and imo story is more important than gameplay, but that doesn't mean the gameplay shouldn't be completely ignored.

Although I would heavily prefer a method that caters to high skilled players and those of lower skill, as it is now its simply to easy for new players. A level one influence comp in tank mode is able to literally solo everything in KOTFE, and even some champion mobs on other planets.

I don't mind that its not tuned to my specific liking, but as it is there no difficulty or risk in KOTFE, and imo story is more important than gameplay, but that doesn't mean the gameplay shouldn't be completely ignored.

Read my .sig

There's plenty of ways for a solo PvE to challenge themselves in optional content. Story content is not the place for that.

There's plenty of ways for a solo PvE to challenge themselves in optional content. Story content is not the place for that.

Exactly.

I think the unstated issue here for some really is ---> they want everything tuned and spooned to them. If they have to actually think a little about how to use an MMO to engage them in their own preferences, they seem to go glass eyed and get grumpy about it.

I have yet to play an MMO (and I have played many) where I could not find challenge that was in tune with my desired play style. And that includes those that were tuned deliberately to be hardcore and unfriendly to new or casual players. All it takes is to stop and take time to observe the range of what is offered you and then adjust to what content you play.

Making Story arcs difficult in order to please experienced and well equipped veterans is counter-productive to attracting new players. And unlike last decade, attracting a continuing inflow of new players is important for MMOs in this era of a largely nomadic player community with little or no loyalty to any MMO brand.

Edited by Andryah

While I don't disagree with the sentiment, it doesn't help the argument when you overstate the actual issue.

I was curious about these claims about a super-powerful low-influence companion. Seeing as how I've unlocked all presence legacy bonuses, a valid test was to create a new toon on a new server with no legacy.

Once I moved out of the early planets (around Tatooine), my rank 1 companions was able to hold their own against elite mobs, but was decimated by champion mobs. In tank mode, dps mode OR heal mode.

Shoot, I'm leveling a sentinel now (a class I've never been very good at), and I have parsec out as I practice the rotation and try and get better. I have a rank 50 Kira in dps mode, and according to the combat logs, she cannot do as much dps as I bumble my way through my rotation inefficiently.

So let's not over-exaggerate the abilities of low-influence companions.

From my perspective playing with a companion out has ALWAYS made the game too easy. It's just exacerbated now with the fact that you don't have to gear the companion, and it's easy to raise their influence.

While I don't disagree with the sentiment, it doesn't help the argument when you overstate the actual issue.

I was curious about these claims about a super-powerful low-influence companion. Seeing as how I've unlocked all presence legacy bonuses, a valid test was to create a new toon on a new server with no legacy.

Once I moved out of the early planets (around Tatooine), my rank 1 companions was able to hold their own against elite mobs, but was decimated by champion mobs. In tank mode, dps mode OR heal mode.

Shoot, I'm leveling a sentinel now (a class I've never been very good at), and I have parsec out as I practice the rotation and try and get better. I have a rank 50 Kira in dps mode, and according to the combat logs, she cannot do as much dps as I bumble my way through my rotation inefficiently.

From my perspective playing with a companion out has ALWAYS made the game too easy. It's just exacerbated now with the fact that you don't have to gear the companion, and it's easy to raise their influence.

+1

Thank you for taking time to state this.

Hyperbolic types of overstatement has become far too common in this forum. It might fool some, but more thoughtful forum members see through it and it get's tedious having to call it out for what it is all the time.

Edited by Andryah

Read my .sig

Like what anyway.

I'm primarily a DPS player and a tad bit of healer but for the most part when I notice people solo tactical flashpoints its tank+heal combo.

I couldn't find it on youtube but there was a video of a person who used 2v-r8 to solo a elite mob on belsavis.... he later then posted a video about his comp soloing a champion on balmorra.

Although you conducted a test with a new legacy, no new player isn't going to let there comp solo mobs.

Like what anyway.

I'm primarily a DPS player and a tad bit of healer but for the most part when I notice people solo tactical flashpoints its tank+heal combo.

At the high end, the One and Only achievement (currently the designed highest "solo PvE" challenge level); and stepping down from there in difficulty (soloing HSF with boosts, soloing story FPs without use of GSF bot, etc).

If those are all "too easy," then you've out-leveled the game's designed level of difficulty.

The storyline content is "mandatory" content, and thus, by designer statement, the very easiest level of content in the game.

At the high end, the One and Only achievement (currently the designed highest "solo PvE" challenge level); and stepping down from there in difficulty (soloing HSF with boosts, soloing story FPs without use of GSF bot, etc).

If those are all "too easy," then you've out-leveled the game's designed level of difficulty.

The storyline content is "mandatory" content, and thus, by designer statement, the very easiest level of content in the game.

Already did the one and only achievement during the great companion nerf of 4.2. also already did the other heroic star fortresses without boosts and heroic moments... however not on purpose... I completely forgot about heroic moment until I was going for the one and only achievement... and by bad luck it was the one from Voss.

I may consider attempting to do flashpoints solo, but I believe its going to be REAL iffy with a DPS+healer combo, I believe tank+healer is way more effective, and I have yet to tank.

Edited by peter_plankskull

oh come on.

I know there's people on this forum site that will defend the game in every aspect but come on, the difficulty level of SWTOR these days is embarrassing.

My 4 year old could take a toon from lvl 1 to 65 without dying.

There's making the game all nice and easy for newbies then there's 'My Little Pony' level of game mode.

NPC's shouldn't even bother having normal/strong/elite/champion tags anymore.

It's pointless their all cannon fodder.

Nothing gets boring faster than steam rolling through content and I'm sure new players will end up feeling that way too.

I couldn't find it on youtube but there was a video of a person who used 2v-r8 to solo a elite mob on belsavis.... he later then posted a video about his comp soloing a champion on balmorra.

Although you conducted a test with a new legacy, no new player isn't going to let there comp solo mobs.

Edit: Well, I never saw the champion video. And my experience was otherwise. It didn't matter what stance I put my comp in, he got is bum handed to him. With 3 different champs I tried on Tatooine, Nar Shaddaa and Alderaan.

And let me reiterate the fact that playing with a companion has ALWAYS made the game easy.

If one could play the entire game without a companion, then what do you think happens when you have twice the attacks available? And if you put the comp in heal mode? EZ-win. It's always been this way.

Edited by Khevar