Crafted weapons no longer have color crystal slots

SenileBomber

Actually, this applies to Artificer-created Lightsabers too, so it isn't about interdependence. I had assumed that this was to make the new weapons match the Zakuul look (yellow sabers, like the ones held by Arkann and Vaylin in the load screen, and the one Thexan used too) -- but is this the case for ALL crafted weapons?

The offhand (shield generator) I created for my Shadow Tank does have a crystal slot, despite those never being "visible".

The old weapons used to be created with a crystal that had either no stats or just level 10ish stats, and gave you the option of having the color of your choice -- these seem a retrograde step, or a plain bug.

Actually, this applies to Artificer-created Lightsabers too, so it isn't about interdependence. I had assumed that this was to make the new weapons match the Zakuul look (yellow sabers, like the ones held by Arkann and Vaylin in the load screen, and the one Thexan used too) -- but is this the case for ALL crafted weapons?

The offhand (shield generator) I created for my Shadow Tank does have a crystal slot, despite those never being "visible".

The old weapons used to be created with a crystal that had either no stats or just level 10ish stats, and gave you the option of having the color of your choice -- these seem a retrograde step, or a plain bug.

I built an assault cannon for my trooper using the highest schematic I could buy and then make without shelling daylight robbery prices for conquest mats. It has no crystal slot, and yes, it fires bolts with that yellow-orange colour.

It's bogus, because it doesn't have a noticeable bonus on anything to make up for the missing crystal's +41 whatever-attribute.

I have noted that mainhand weapons from both Armstech and Artifice, at all tiers (not just 208/216/220) are missing color crystal slots. I recall a similar bug in previous patches, though I can't remember which one. Edited by Ultraconrad

Crafted weapons should have color crystal slots. Period. Why have players put in all the effort to craft a 220 level saber (for example) and then not allow one of the most basic customizations in the game (choosing the color)? And said customization is something they sell on the CM. It's a silly oversight on BW's part (or a poor decision if it's intentional). Edited by hooty

Blame it on piss poor QA and no concern / resource allocation to do it right the first time / correct in a timely manner - just like all the artifice crafted weapons STILL require the armstech assembly and not the artifice assembly, and many items still require slicing materials (220 hilts need purple slicing mats but not purple TH mats - go figure). Edited by DawnAskham

• 2 weeks later...

Bump. Crafted an Exarch Asylum Mk-26 lightsaber last night and issue persists - still no color crystal slot. The item tooltip has space for it however, and the offhand Exarch Asylum Mk-26 Force Shield does have a color crystal slot.

On the upside, it appears the correct materials are required to craft - Artifice bonded attachments instead of Armstech, and Level 8 Crystals instead of Slicing mats.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.