companions are way too OP in world PVP

Basswarz

if an enemy has a healer companion out, that player and/or companion cannot be killed. I play on a pvp server and have gone toe to toe with many players and companions and the healers are too strong!!!

Mez the healer, nuke the player.

Or alternately, hard stun the healer and nuke the healer. Healer comps won't have expertise anymore so they'll melt fast if you are in PvP gear with full expertise.

Mez the healer, nuke the player.

Or alternately, hard stun the healer and nuke the healer. Healer comps won't have expertise anymore so they'll melt fast if you are in PvP gear with full expertise.

yes i finally figured that out lol. hard part is telling if they are set to heals or not before engaging a fight. if they are not i just burn the player ez mode. But I STILL i think the healer companions are OP. Im soloing the heroic companion quests now with mine and my gear is crap. so no complaints on pve companion healers haha cause i can win!! ;)

Companions aren't too strong. Before 4.0 it was always harder to kill someone in world pvp when they had their healing pet out and you had your tank or dps pet out. The problem is the PVE mobs are too easy to kill.

This is also true. Mobs are too easy. But after a force cloak away from a losing pvp encounter a healer pet stuck with me, like they do at times and i ran and hid behind a corner where the player could not find me. My cd to re cast force cloak came back up and the companion healer (no player helping) never dropped below 40% So that's what, 2 minutes of fighting and no kill?

Edited by Basswarz

yes i finally figured that out lol. hard part is telling if they are set to heals or not before engaging a fight. if they are not i just burn the player ez mode. But I STILL i think the healer companions are OP. Im soloing the heroic companion quests now with mine and my gear is crap. so no complaints on pve companion healers haha cause i can win!! ;)

Just gotta remember, any stun on a companion will white bar the player owner, regardless of the stun type or duration. But other than that, there's nothing special about companions.

This is also true. Mobs are too easy. But after a force cloak away from a losing pvp encounter a healer pet stuck with me, like they do at times and i ran and hid behind a corner where the player could not find me. My cd to re cast force cloak came back up and the companion healer (no player helping) never dropped below 40% So that's what, 2 minutes of fighting and no kill?

If you're stealth, you just sap the companion from stealth. Not sure how they got any stronger.

If you had full expertise, you'd destroy companions pretty fast. 60% damage boost against companions because they won't have much expertise compared to when you could put them in PvP gear. My friend had his treek in full t2 pvp gear and used to set her out on other players and let her solo kill them. It was pretty hilarious how OP a companion was in PvP gear before 4.0, just not many bothered to do it.

To give you another example, I was in full Conquerer, and my Scourge was in full Partisan (my old set before the upgrade), and we literally destroyed a full Ops group that was waiting on Snowblind to respawn and was killing lowbies to kill time. I made him AOE at the same time I hit Force Sweep, and half their Ops group died, the rest didn't last much longer either. Or the few times on Tatooine, when stealthers stealth out in Salara and think they are safe from a companion... not in Scourge in full PvP, companions track down stealthed players if they were targeted before stealthing... oopsie!

And finally, this past summer on my commando doing Oricon, 2 Imps take their shot while I'm on the shuttle waiting for the engine to respawn, they also had their companions out. I had Elara in full 186/192 raid gear, while I was in my PvP gear which was a mix of exhumed and DR. They decided to beat on me, instead of axing my companion first, so I had both their companions attacking me too. I only had about 10% hp left after it was over, but they both died and not me.

If you geared them before, they were OP too. It's just now, everyone's companion has gear effectively.

If you're stealth, you just sap the companion from stealth. Not sure how they got any stronger.

Just to add to this.

Actually got a better one. Have your companion stun the player, then you hard stun the companion and nuke the companion. Works every time, I've killed so many Lana's today. :D They have very little expertise and melt like butter.