Carbon Freezing and You

Shayddow

OK, we all know that our character is frozen for 5 years in the expansion. One thing that is inconsistent with established StarWars and SWTOR lore is that there does not seem to be ANY amount of time in which our character experiences tempory blindness <although this may not be relavant for those characters who play the one species that is naturally "blind">.

This can of course be compared to Han Solo in StarWars, and to those who were frozen on Hutta for the IA and BH planet story <I believe its a sidequest, but still...> as well as I seem to recall someone being in carbonite during the Makeb story, I don't recall offhand if it was on the Rep or Imp side.

Anyway, why did our character not experience hibernation sickness after coming out of it?

OK, we all know that our character is frozen for 5 years in the expansion. One thing that is inconsistent with established StarWars and SWTOR lore is that there does not seem to be ANY amount of time in which our character experiences tempory blindness <although this may not be relavant for those characters who play the one species that is naturally "blind">.

This can of course be compared to Han Solo in StarWars, and to those who were frozen on Hutta for the IA and BH planet story <I believe its a sidequest, but still...> as well as I seem to recall someone being in carbonite during the Makeb story, I don't recall offhand if it was on the Rep or Imp side.

Anyway, why did our character not experience hibernation sickness after coming out of it?

Chalk it up to the medicine Lana shoots in your face.

Or the fact you have Big V in your head and he doesn't want you to wander aimlessly while his kids are trying to impale you with the closest sharp object they can find.

a.) Screw the rules, I have plot

b.) SWTOR is not part of the same continuum as the movies anymore

c.) There are literally thousands of years between events at Zakuul and return of the Jedi. The technology need not be exact same. Also, maybe they used some inferior machines back in Cloud city since iirc they had to improvise with what was available? Didn't someone complain to Vader in E.S.B. that freezing might kill Han?

edit, Gosh darn I forgot that hutta quest... did it also have hibernation sickness?

Edited by Karkais