The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware, remove the PvP from the quest to get M1-4X.

NogueiraA

Thankfully I got M1-4X just by being a trooper. On the Sentinel alt thats like valor 15 its gonna suck tho, thats why I opted to kill Tanno Vik as a Sentinel so he cant return later on and have me kill 10k Rist soldiers on Alderaan or something else to gain him as a follower. Edited by zappito

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't change that you still referred to your opinion as the 'correct' one, and when I do go back and look I'll be sure to see if that match up to what appears in the various people who quoted you to ensure you haven't made any 'edits.'

It is.. There is no justification for making us do PVP to get a companion.. No reason at all.. That would be like making you do PVE to get PVP gear..

You all are just attempting to justify it for your own needs.. We didn't get the companions using PVP, why should we have to start now??

So yes.. My view shared by others is the correct one.. It is the only one.. That doesn't mean we both aren't entitled to our opinion.. But even opinions can be right or wrong..

PVP'ers simply have no justification for their view.. Reasons like cosmetic or otherwise belittling our opinion and devaluing M1-4X is absurd and irrelevant.. It also shows that you have no real reason for your views.. :rolleyes:

Edited by MajikMyst

Except there is and will be millions of alliance companions anyway so not having one is not the end of the world for ANYONE.

Personally I've already killed a few and I will not cry about it. Might as well had sent M1 and Pierce to the battlefielf to fight forever never to be seen again. sigh

Roleplay people, it exists, it doesnt have to be written out for you by game dev.

M1 and Pierce have no effect to the story. They're there for completions or appearance sake.

You're basically complaining you cant get Nexu mount because you'd be "forced to do Ranked".

Its not forced. Its optional. Its cometic. You want it you do it. You dont care that much you dont.

That's not my point at all. I assume you just ignored what I wrote so that you could feel like you are right.

In your case, the mount is a reward specifically for doing ranked PvP. I support that 100%. The entire "mission" is begun and ended in PvP. It is not a ranked PvP reward that also stipulates, "You must complete 20 flashpoints to acquire this reward."

The missions for M1 and Pierce are initiated as part of the PvE story. That is where the mission should remain.

I hope they leave Pierce and M1-4X as pvp companions. They wouldn't realistically bother to join up with someone who was too much of a wuss to pvp.

Thank you for this statement its just made this so much easier, I am going to go into a PvP match tonight. Not to go for my Forex but just to see how many people I can piss off in one go.

Has anybody got any tips for me!

Edited by Jedi_riches

It is.. There is no justification for making us do PVP to get a companion.. No reason at all.. That would be like making you do PVE to get PVP gear..

You all are just attempting to justify it for your own needs.. We didn't get the companions using PVP, why should we have to start now??

So yes.. My view shared by others is the correct one.. It is the only one.. That doesn't mean we both aren't entitled to our opinion.. But even opinions can be right or wrong..

PVP'ers simply have no justification for their view.. Reasons like cosmetic or otherwise belittling our opinion and devaluing M1-4X is absurd and irrelevant.. It also shows that you have no real reason for your views.. :rolleyes:

You just proved his point.

I see no point to removing the requirement.

My understanding is M1 is very anti-imperial. What better way to show him you want him but to go after impies?

Besides, if your trooper, you get him back regardless anyway.

Nobody is forcing you to get M1. Considering I already have over a dozen other comps without him and Lokin.. ;)

Thank you for this statement its just made this so much easier, I am going to go into a PvP match tonight. Not to go for my Forex but just to see how many people I can piss off in one go.

Big tip: Don't do that. Actively griefing makes you part of the problem with the community. We already have enough of that...

Except there is and will be millions of alliance companions anyway so not having one is not the end of the world for ANYONE.

Personally I've already killed a few and I will not cry about it. Might as well had sent M1 and Pierce to the battlefielf to fight forever never to be seen again. sigh

Roleplay people, it exists, it doesnt have to be written out for you by game dev.

M1 and Pierce have no effect to the story. They're there for completions or appearance sake.

You're basically complaining you cant get Nexu mount because you'd be "forced to do Ranked".

Its not forced. Its optional. Its cometic. You want it you do it. You dont care that much you dont.

*Sigh*

/Slamsheadondesk

I don't care about having all companions, in fact, I might very skip Qyzen until they increase the respawn rate of the Jaganath Preys.

The issue is that up until Forex rolls around, there has been exactly zero incentive to PvP to make progress into one's Alliance, and once it's done, a pitiful 500 Influence on a single companion and an average of 15 matches to earn enough PvP comms to convert and buy a single ressource Crate, isn't enough.

In fact, it wastes time one would need to strengthen the Alliance.

The solution is simple: If M1-4X and Pierce are to remain "PvP Rewards" (I respectefully disagree that they are but it's an endless argument), then they need to be taken out of the Alliance Alerts and their quest be listed on the PvP Terminal of the Fleet.

Or, other way around, dailies and Weekly Warzones (Ranked and Unranked) and GSF MUST start rewarding Alliance Ressource.

Until then, the 20 WZs requirement is nothing but a grind for a reward barely worth the time.

Right now, the quest is TOO LONG and rewards TOO LITTLE to be justified. It's just shoe-horning PvP into a system that doesn't benefit from it nearly enough.

Big tip: Don't do that. Actively griefing makes you part of the problem with the community. We already have enough of that...

Well I obviously am not going to get any enjoyment from PvP'ing so I may as well have fun another way and hold my own compertition to see if I can make a record.

Hey the requirement is to to 20 warzones at most, they don't tell me how I must complete them.

Well I obviously am not going to get any enjoyment from PvP'ing so I may as well have fun another way and hold my own compertition to see if I can make a record.

Hey the requirement is to to 20 warzones at most, they don't tell me how I must complete them.

Disgustingly pathetic.

Edited by azudelphi

As I said they say I must do 20 warzones but I don't have to do anything at all I am only doing what I have been asked complete them.

You need to leave the spawn or be autokicked.

My advice for fun: Pick someone in the enemy team and keep going after them no matter what. It makes time go faster. I mean, half of the time the objectives are so obscure or poorly explained (Still haven't managed to understand what the hell "Hypergate" is about...) that trying to kill someone at least contributes.

As I said they say I must do 20 warzones but I don't have to do anything at all I am only doing what I have been asked complete them.

You are correct, and I support this.

When I log on and queue for WZs tonight (with my PvP main), I will understand if I see this sort of behavior. I hope it's amusing.

The fact is, with this, PvP is just going to suck for a while. The least people can do is be entertaining about it.

If you really feel comfortable being that kind of scum, then great... have at it.

I don't care about the stupid labels people throw around, "PVP'er" "PVE'er" "Raider" "Carebear" whatever... you do what you say you are going to do and it makes you a pathetic individual.

You need to leave the spawn or be autokicked.

My advice for fun: Pick someone in the enemy team and keep going after them no matter what. It makes time go faster. I mean, half of the time the objectives are so obscure or poorly explained (Still haven't managed to understand what the hell "Hypergate" is about...) that trying to kill someone at least contributes.

Poorly explained? Come on. WZs are disgustingly simple.

Your idea is a good one. Or, just stand near an objective and defend it. Simplest thing to do and you'll spend half of the time waiting to rejoin the fight anyway.

Poorly explained? Come on. WZs are disgustingly simple.

Your idea is a good one. Or, just stand near an objective and defend it. Simplest thing to do and you'll spend half of the time waiting to rejoin the fight anyway.

Never understood how Hypergate is suppose to work.

Apparently there are glowy orbs to pick up and bring to reactors.

But I see teams simply camp the middle of the map, slaughter everyone and still win with only one reactor.

EDIT: And the voice over just tell you "Duh! That be Hypergate. You win or we lose!"

Edited by Leklor

With an attitude like that, you are the direct antithesis of what Pierce or M1-4X would seek in a leader.

Hmm I've never done any Warzone in SWTOR so:

- Can you queue for the Warzone naked and use dance emote inside?

- How long does a Warzone last?

- Can you queue as full group ? I'm thinking it would be the best solution for PvE players who just want in for the companion. A full team of naked dancing players. Then everybody is happy. Nobody in team to complain, and the opposite team gets easy points. Do it 20 times and done.

I'd totally be up for this one :D

With an attitude like that, you are the direct antithesis of what Pierce or M1-4X would seek in a leader.

Does it really matter it seems like both these characters "dislike" the other side so they would not join the alliance (a mix of imperial and republic troops) anyway if you wanted to make total sense of it.

Never understood how Hypergate is suppose to work.

Apparently there are glowy orbs to pick up and bring to reactors.

But I see teams simply camp the middle of the map, slaughter everyone and still win with only one reactor.

EDIT: And the voice over just tell you "Duh! That be Hypergate. You win or we lose!"

Capture the gates. That's the most important thing. Or at least try to keep the other team from capturing a gate. Kill the enemy in the middle area for more points. Orbs only contribute a few points each, so focusing on the gates and the kills is most important. Orbs might make a difference in a close match, but you can typically ignore them.

Seems the core aspect that some of the "pro this feature" camp are missing between forced PVP and forced PVE is that forcing non PVP players to do PVP content for whatever reason ( yes I get it's not mandatory but it's still forced in the sense of needing to be done to achieve that result ) is going to generaly impact on the enjoyment of PVP by PVP players.

There is no way they can force us to actually play PVP properly, learn it or do anything other than just run around and try lose as fast as possible to speed up the process.

Thus PVP gets ruined for PVP players ( unless of course the goal is WIN X matches or get X kills etc. but BW don't seem to like to go down this path )

PVE goals on the other hand generally aren't going to impact on other players as much as even the group orientated ones generally expect you to get past a certain point or achieve a certain goal which means if you're just eating lunch whilst it goes on you probably aren't going to achieve it unlike the recent spare of PVP "goals".

Don't see you arguing to roll back the crafting and conquest changes. Those are having far more of an impact with PvEers flooding PvP to obtain mats for crafting raid gear.

This companion thing is nothing, The reason above is why even if they change companions, PvP will still be flooded with PvEers grinding conquest points to get mats to craft their raid gear. Long after everyone has maxed influence on all companions, PvEers will still be flooding PvP to meet conquest goals and get the mats to craft gear they need for PvE. Because PvP is the only repeatable left for conquest.

Does it really matter it seems like both these characters "dislike" the other side so they would not join the alliance (a mix of imperial and republic troops) anyway if you wanted to make total sense of it.

Yep.

Me: "Let's all work together!"

Pierce: "Kill a bunch of Pubs."

Me: "I meant work together with the Pubs."

Pierce: "Ok. I'll work with them if you go kill a bunch of 'em first."

Me: "Ok, I'm sure they'll still love me after that. I'll get right on it."

Me (to self): "Wait... I though I was the boss here..."