The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Levelling too easy now?

Newyankalt

Created a new Jedi Knight today starting at level 1. I have completed all Tython missions, got to fleet and completed Warzone daily, Warzone weekly, intro to Warzones, intro to starfighter, intro to strongholds and 1 bounty contract and I am level 28 without even stepping foot on Coruscant yet. I still want to do the Flashpoint introduction and daily as well, probably will be level 35ish after doing those.

But seriously this is faster then 12x xp, is it a good or bad thing to be able to level so fast?

Note: I do have 18% more Warzone XP and 30% more Class mission XP but still it's a high level to not be at Coruscant. Before level sync I would do all of this stuff I listed and only be level 19-20 (that's with 12x).

Edited by Newyankalt

guys i went into streamlined leveling and did everything , then i went and pvp with the new faster pvp leveling and did all the quests i could , i then did every other quest i could find. Why am i leveled up so much now ????? -- OP

Seriously though what did you expect ?

i recomend you also go do all the heroic 2+ weekly quests that you can also try and get to 40 before starting the missions on coruscant.

Seriously though you did everything in a new lvl sync system that makes rewards based on your level , the more quests you do the faster you level.

guys i went into streamlined leveling and did everything , then i went and pvp with the new faster pvp leveling and did all the quests i could , i then did every other quest i could find. Why am i leveled up so much now ????? -- OP

Seriously though what did you expect ?

i recomend you also go do all the heroic 2+ weekly quests that you can also try and get to 40 before starting the missions on coruscant.

Seriously though you did everything in a new lvl sync system that makes rewards based on your level , the more quests you do the faster you level.

I don't know it's more fun to play through the main story without level level sync I find... I'm going to be 65 before Act 1 finishes at this rate

I don't know it's more fun to play through the main story without level level sync I find... I'm going to be 65 before Act 1 finishes at this rate

Or you could stick with your class storyline and not do all that other stuff till you finish act 3?

The biggest change is that they made optional level paths (such as pvp) to be actually viable to level up now instead of 12x (being storyline only)

You can essentially level up any way you want to, but you are complaining about having the options?

For most people the storylines just that: storyline, you can do it when you want to at any level. You are the big bad *** hero who walks in and just wins at everything. If you are doing anything else it's (hopefully) because you were having fun. Nothings forcing you to pvp or do side missions other than you deciding if you enjoy them or not.

What if they gave us the option to choose increased credits or crystals or something, rather than XP when we turned in a quest?

Or what if we had a little drop down that would remove XP from quests if we were more than 1, 2, or 3+ levels over them when we turned them in?

That way you could do as much as you wanted and never be over leveled.

Of course I have no idea how difficult it would be to implement these changes. I could be asking for the moon here.

I found levelling to be even easier than with 12xp. Way, way easier.

I had a Commando sitting at level 47 about a week before the expansion; it took me three planets and a few hours to get her to lvl 52 even with 12xp. Now, after running half of Corellia, Ilum and 3-4 FPs, I'm almost 61 and I haven't even set foot in Makeb.

It's not very fun.

I had a Commando sitting at level 47 about a week before the expansion; it took me three planets and a few hours to get her to lvl 52 even with 12xp. Now, after running half of Corellia, Ilum and 3-4 FPs, I'm almost 61 and I haven't even set foot in Makeb.

It's not very fun.

Bioware actually fixed exp gains for doing other things, besides running for an hour to complete a single quest. 12XP exposed the games lack of exp gains for other content. Bioware fixed that.

If you want to level slower, you have to change you leveling habits, this is not 3.0, with the pitiful EXP gains from everything BUT 12XP.

Edited by jakeobione

What if we had the option to turn off levelsync so that the XP gained would taper off...

No it wouldnt and has nothing to do with level sync. In fact it would be much much worse as you would go through gray areas 100% of the time.

Edited by Mikahrone

No it wouldnt and has nothing to do with level sync. In fact it would be much much worse as you would go through gray areas 100% of the time.

And in gray areas, you get crap for XP, and leveling stops being easy.

Or is the problem not that leveling is too easy?

It's not very fun.

And why are you so fascinated with levels? Now you can choose to go back and be roughly appropriate level for the area, no matter what little number says by your name.

And why are you so fascinated with levels? Now you can choose to go back and be roughly appropriate level for the area, no matter what little number says by your name.

I never really had a problem about not gaining any XP... I was never over levelled in areas and I would still do most of the content (no 12x either). The only time I went back to do a grey quest was usually in companion stories or I'd go back to do like Voss heroics at 60 but there already the max level so XP is pointless then anyways

You bring up a good point.

Why is anyone concerned with leveling speed or level at all ? With level sync, and tactical flash points ETC. You will always be at an appropriate level.

Leveling is an archaic mechanic that needs to die in MMO's and RPG's in general.

Edited by jakeobione

Why is anyone concerned with leveling speed or level at all ? With level sync, and tactical flash points ETC. You will always be at an appropriate level.

Leveling is archaic mechanic that needs to die in MMO's and RPG's in general.

This.

/thread :)

What if we had the option to turn off levelsync so that the XP gained would taper off...

Syncing your character level to the planet isn't the problem. Syncing XP rewards to character level is the issue. If you do anything outside of the critical path, you'll forever be that much over leveled unless you skip critical path quests to get back on track.

Leveling is archaic mechanic that needs to die in MMO's and RPG's in general.

Well, there are uses like gating and short tutorial (like GW1 had only 20 levels and you gained them very quickly but gained skills at certain pace but most of the game happens at lvl20)

But yeah, levels like in WoW are just pointless since gear has immesurable more influence on what you can do, so they had to resort to other mechanics to "keep you in level range". And finally resort to "insta lvl90 token " because first 90 levels of game are deserted since they are "irrelevant" and "obsolete". Not irrelevant and obsolete in story and content but because one small meningless number by your name says those are irrelevant and obsolete. Its sure way to screw your own game and 10 years worth of content.

Not to mention RPG consequences like game world making no sense.

Edited by Mikahrone