When do we get old comps like Nadia Grell back?

Moriendor

Does anyone know? Is it possible to get e.g. Nadia Grell back before chapter X (next expansion) or could she be gone for a few months or the next year or... ?

The main reason I'm asking is because of the many companion gifts you receive. Use them now or save them up for when Nadia returns (my fav comp as a Jedi Sage)?

Decisions, decisions.... ;)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can (when it is fixed), use the terminal after Chapter 9 to summon the old companions back.

When (if) Nadia returns through the story remains to be seen, but I doubt it will be any time soon.

Ah thanks! :)

You know, it would generally be quite nice to know which companions are going to be permanent now. Maxing affec.... errr... influence is going to be a pretty monumental task now and it would kind of massively suck if you invested big bucks/gifts in a comp only to lose them because BW thought it'd be a good idea to let them die as part of the story (like Senya who I really enjoyed using as a Nadia replacement the past few days but is she here to stay? hmmm.... who knows.... I have a bad feeling about her).

I would expect live/die to be options they give to players. How involved companions are going to be going forward remains to be seen, but it is likely only new companions are going to have continued involvement in the story.

The only companion I think has a really strong chance of not coming back is Jaesa, because of her dark/light mechanic.

I wish there was more information about this somewhere. I also wish they would have done a little more testing before implementing this.

I have cartel armor sets on those old companions that are gone. I have lost a lot of items with all of this companion ********. When I asked in general if anyone knew where all of my items went all I got was ******** remarks about ALT+F4 and read patch notes. SWTOR has such a wonderful community.

I gave up on asking the community and waited. The next day a hotfix was implemented to give back the items that disappeared. The majority of my items were returned when they did the 4.0a hotfix, but I re-equipped my companions for leveling after that so that they would not be running around naked. I expected to get access to them again after I completed the Fallen Empire quest chain but I didn't. That cosmetic armor and the weapons are still on them.

I wish there was more information about this somewhere. I also wish they would have done a little more testing before implementing this.

I have cartel armor sets on those old companions that are gone. I have lost a lot of items with all of this companion ********. When I asked in general if anyone knew where all of my items went all I got was ******** remarks about ALT+F4 and read patch notes. SWTOR has such a wonderful community.

I gave up on asking the community and waited. The next day a hotfix was implemented to give back the items that disappeared. The majority of my items were returned when they did the 4.0a hotfix, but I re-equipped my companions for leveling after that so that they would not be running around naked. I expected to get access to them again after I completed the Fallen Empire quest chain but I didn't. That cosmetic armor and the weapons are still on them.

You get them after KOTFE from the terminal in the HQ, but the terminal is broken :(

So, until i finish chapter 9 im stucked with that whining little ***** Vette,Jaesa and ship droid? ***, i'm not a lez and i dont wanna romance a ship droid! let me romance Darth Baras instead, at least thats a MALE. Or maybe we are all supposed to become.. not straight?

So, until i finish chapter 9 im stucked with that whining little ***** Vette,Jaesa and ship droid? ***, i'm not a lez and i dont wanna romance a ship droid! let me romance Darth Baras instead, at least thats a MALE. Or maybe we are all supposed to become.. not straight?

Naa you dont get Vette or Jaesa or the droid.

Does anyone know? Is it possible to get e.g. Nadia Grell back before chapter X (next expansion) or could she be gone for a few months or the next year or... ?

The main reason I'm asking is because of the many companion gifts you receive. Use them now or save them up for when Nadia returns (my fav comp as a Jedi Sage)?

Decisions, decisions.... ;)

No one knows. The Companion Return Terminal is borked and will not be fixed until at least Tuesday. That would allow us to recall our old comps to use in Elder Game stuff. But even then I don't know if we can use them for the KotFE stuff.

As for KotFE, companions unlock as the story progresses. You get one elder companion back in the first 9 chapters, but depending on your class it may not even be one of your old companions. A handful of them unlock after chapter 9 and you can do quests to get them on your list. But when/if the rest will return for the KotFE story is up in the air.

Edited by Cylluz

Maybe you dont get your old companions back at all. Maybe you need to learn to roll with the punches and accept the game changing for what it is.

It's already been established that we can get them back. The terminal for their return is in game but broken. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8536765#edit8536765

The only question is when/if some of them will return for KotFE.

"Companion Locator Terminal"?

So do you use the terminal and the comps just spawn in your "inventory" or is there at least a small quest associated with tracking them down somewhere (where they would probably be fighting Eternal Empire forces going by the story right)?

I'm obviously hoping for something a little more epic than just pushing a terminal button... anyone know the mechanics?

• 2 months later...
Yes, it works. It's in the small room near the larger smuggler room in your base on Odessen. It's the same room as the commander's datapad. I used it to get Nadia back. Although the game warns you that she's not officially back, she does all the companion functions just fine and I imagine the others would also.

They wont say when so people wont unsub til the comp they want is back.

I already know Quinn and Vector will be they very last two we get back because thats how Bioware works... Those are the two I want, so they will be dead last :(

Also they wont put out a list of who and when because if there are ones they -arent- going to be bringing back, tbey know people might unsub over that as well.

They wont say when so people wont unsub til the comp they want is back.

I already know Quinn and Vector will be they very last two we get back because thats how Bioware works... Those are the two I want, so they will be dead last :(

Also they wont put out a list of who and when because if there are ones they -arent- going to be bringing back, tbey know people might unsub over that as well.

Maybe they will fix Vector's clothing issues when they bring him back :rolleyes:

Maybe they will fix Vector's clothing issues when they bring him back :rolleyes:

We can dream... I made a collage once of all the screwed up armor graphics on him. The covert energy torso piece was the only way to get ANY skin to render on him between his neck, waist and wrists. So it's either totally topless or covered up like a Victorian (Victorian Vector! :D )

On a serious and un-Vector-related note, I am concerned about getting companions back --

-- because of Vik. As I was expecting it companions would return and some might have the option to be killed off, but I did NOT expect companions to return without a way to re-recruit them. Granted, it's Vik, I'm not particularly torn up about not getting him back. But if they pull that crap with a character I really liked, especially one I had high Influence with, I'll be annoyed. Can you use the Terminal to get Vik back even after you reunite and he turns you away in story?

Nah, they will just add in an extra line of dialig for him (and Scourge) saying he got burned or mangled somehow and doesnt like to show his skin so they can keep them broken for another four years... :rolleyes:

They can even have Kanes intro music play when they show back up to nail home the cheeziness...

Edited by XiamaraSimi

I think it's really a stupid move for them to take away original companions. REALLY stupid. For those of us who played the game largely for the class storylines (at least in the beginning) it's really disappointing to start the new content without any connection or reference to the companions that were there throughout the leveling process. It depersonalizes the entire thing.