The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

A few Nico Okarr questions...

lymphangioma

Alright, so I qualified for the early access to Nico Okarr and received the 'Encrypted Holocommunicator' via my in-game mail, but I'm still on the fence about whether to unlock him "instantly", or wait and acquire him during the adventure.

Now, is that true that if you unlock him naturally through the KOTFE expansion, you'll receive a "Hidden Achievement" that's otherwise unavailable by using this instant access?

Also, in regards to the Nico Duster and Blaster Set rewards which I received (and are bound to Legacy) - are you supposed to manually equip Nico with this coat and two weapons / blasters? Or (once this companion is unlocked), does he already come outfitted with all the essential gear?

After doing some research, I heard that he only has a 'Customization' slot and and you can change his 'Weapons' slots as well. Therefore, I'm guessing he's already sporting the Duster and Dual Blasters already?

So basically, are the in-game rewards I received through the mail basically "EXTRA" gear to be used on any companion? For example, if I equip the Duster and Dual Blasters with my Merc, will Nico still have these same items available once unlocked... leaving me with 2 coats and 4 blasters? Or since Nico's Duster outfit can't be changed... 4 blasters?

Thanks for any help... it's much appreciated.

Edited by lymphangioma

Sweet, thanks for the quick reply. :)

So I'm assuming that Nico can ONLY wear his standard Duster by default? Since there's no changing his Coat, I guess we'll have to wait and see what kind of content they release for his 'Customization' Slot.

Edited by lymphangioma

Sweet, thanks for the quick reply. :)

So I'm assuming that Nico can ONLY wear his standard Duster by default? Since there's no changing his Coat, I guess we'll have to wait and see what kind of content they release for his 'Customization' Slot.

Yup he only gets his standard duster and hat and all. He has his own blasters but you can customize the weapons slots (only thing gear wise that you can).

I am unable to summon my Nico even after recruiting him through the normal progression... I think i may have clicked the summon him instantly thing on this character when i got it in the mail on fleet and he summoned then, but after that he went unavailable due to story restrictions when I started the expansion...and even after completing his recruitment mission I seem to not be able to summon him even though hes in my companions list now (still says unable to summon due to story restrictions...as it has since the start of the expansion)

What gives? Anyone know why I cant summon him?

You do get a hidden achievement for getting him normally, and those blasters are for you, he has his own gear with the same stuff.

Is this achievement account wide? I mean if I unlock him on my level 1 new toon, can I still get the achievement by acquiring him normally on another toon?

Also, while I already have a few conversations with Corso, there is no prompt that Nico wants to talk to me. Is that normal or he is not going to talk to me until Fallen Empire storyline begins?

Thank you.

Edited by johnnypiggy

Is this achievement account wide? I mean if I unlock him on my level 1 new toon, can I still get the achievement by acquiring him normally on another toon?

The achievement is tied to your legacy just like any other. I can't imagine that using the item on one character will prevent gaining the achievement on another.

Edited by Pscyon

I am unable to summon my Nico even after recruiting him through the normal progression... I think i may have clicked the summon him instantly thing on this character when i got it in the mail on fleet and he summoned then, but after that he went unavailable due to story restrictions when I started the expansion...and even after completing his recruitment mission I seem to not be able to summon him even though hes in my companions list now (still says unable to summon due to story restrictions...as it has since the start of the expansion)

What gives? Anyone know why I cant summon him?

This is a known bug that, unfortunately, cannot be fixed until patched.

When you unlock Nico before you activate the new expansion (IE: Beginning the story) You lose ALL previous companions, that includes Nico.

Edited by Kagato_Muyo

When you unlock Nico before you activate the new expansion (IE: Beginning the story) You lose ALL previous companions, that includes Nico.

You do not lose HK-51 or Treek. You do lose your regular storyline companions. You may lose Nico but it seems more likely to me that he'll fall into the HK/Treek category.

So if you unlock Nico with the holocommunicator and THEN start the expansion, all your companions disappear during the KOTFE storyline, or do they vanish even before - or perhaps after?

• 1 month later...
You also lose the akk hound if you unlock it before KotFE. It doesnt even show up in the list anymore.

any character that had the akk dog can go back into collections and make another copy of the akk dog token

and its unlockable account wide (same as treek or probe droid) in collections