Auto targeting my companion (New level Character)

pottymouth

I made a brand new Sith Marauder and I leveled it some... right, just bare with me. Then when I got my companion which was Nico of course... LOL! I'm a sub yay! Everytime I dismount from my awesome mounts, oh and rocket boosters, the game auto targets my companion every single time.

This only happens on my brand new Sith Marauder. "Only".

Every one of my other toons, which is a lot! This does not happen. "Only on my new toon".

Guess what I even deleted a Lvl 14 Sith Marauder thinking maybe it was just bugged, right? I even thought it might have been Nico... Except after I got to level 8 or so and got my twi'l ek companion. It still auto targets after I dismount any vehicle.

The new Sith Marauder, at least for me don't work. Even after the delete. This don't happen on any one of my other toons and of course never should... I'm so pissed!!!

I have been getting this on all of my characters since the patch before 4.0, it is annoying because I have to listen to my companion babble about having nothing to say to me incessantly. I suspect it has something to do with keymapping, but I haven't gotten around to narrowing it down

Looks like there not fixing this the next patch, figures. Guess I won't be playing this game for long while, probably ever again. This is totally BS!

They should have just called KoTFE, Companion Bug! That's not okay.

Edited by pottymouth

God I hate this, glad I'm not alone, my main is a Lethality Operative, I get a free insta cast heal from rolling and when getting away from some mobs if my stealth is on CD I use that, sucks when I auto target my companion constantly and they end up taking my damn heal that I need

Also the auto buff is annoying me, the game keeps buffing e every 3-5 minutes for no reason and 9/10 my comp doesn't get buffed or loses their buffs so I have to keep buffing them myself

Looks like there not fixing this the next patch, figures. Guess I won't be playing this game for long while, probably ever again. This is totally BS!

They should have just called KoTFE Companion Bug! That's not okay.

While the bug is annoying, and needs to be fixed, it's hardly game breaking. This is the most epic overreaction I've seen on these forums, and since it's these forums, that is saying a lot.

While the bug is annoying, and needs to be fixed, it's hardly game breaking. This is the most epic overreaction I've seen on these forums, and since it's these forums, that is saying a lot.

You trolling me? I'm totally ignoring this.

Edited by pottymouth

I was about to post about this myself. At first I thought it was just randomly targeting my companion, but I noticed it would always happen in situations where a companion was re-summoned, from vehicle dismounts, zoning in and out of areas like story instances.

The worst of it though is I started a new JK and activated Nico. I decided he didn't really fit to follow me around on Tython story wise so I dismissed him, but every time I have a conversation or zone in to a new area he gets resummoned and targeted.

This is so annoying!

Lol I am surprised there is not threadnaughts about this bug given the hyper-mean disposition of SWTOR's forum goers. :D

Do other players no notice it? Ah well I don't want to talk angry about others, I just want it fixed...it gets really old really fast hitting "ESC" so often.

Isn't this the same as when a Sorc/Sage throws a bubble on you, you automatically target that caster unless you were targetting something else? Are these companions set to Heal as per default in the Alliance screen?

Yeah it looks very similar.

I'd like it to stop doing this as well as auto-summoning my companion. If I want Xaleks help I'll damn well call for him myself, bioware!

I lost track of how many times it randomly auto-targeted him while I was trying to perform mundane tasks.

Edited by Zaeren

This does NOT happen to any of my toons....

Has to be something in your preference or key mapping/binds.

I put you on ignore. If you actually knew where it was in the "options" you would have told me. Instead you just come here to act like you know what you're talking about. LOL!

This is not a new bug, but it seems to have gained additional triggers now. It's been around since... errr... not sure if launch, but quite possibly. Every so often the game will target a group member or companion for no good reason upon defeating an enemy, receiving a heal or just because. What you're probably experiencing OP, is the targetting happening due to the companion automatically casting the class buff(s) upon being summoned.

This happens on each and every one of my characters since the 4.0 patch and I have reported it in-game, here, in CS, and openly to the general game-playing population. Many players are currently experiencing this problem.

PLEASE, either FIX it or let players turn auto-targeting of friendly targets OFF.

You know what else has been bugging me since 4.0 came out? You have to keep re-applying the buffs to your companion. It used to do it automatically. That was useful, so it's gone, and we're now stuck with annoying auto-targeting of companions.... *sigh* Can't win for losing....

• 2 weeks later...

After dealing with this problem since launch, I can finally say it is over!

This new patch seems to have relieved me of this ridiculous burden of deselecting my companion every blasted time one shows up, or God forbid, he kills something during a fight.

Thank you, Bioware, you have improved my gaming experience in a small, but deeply meaningful way.