Great Idea, Lets let level 10s do Tacs that include level 50 instances, Ridiculous.

Nippon

So everyone can fail endlessly because lowbies dont have the abilities or knowledge to do a tough FP like Lost Island, which unlike all the cake walk 60 instances is actually quite tough....Fed up of getting in groups with level 25 players who think that a boss fight is just a tank and spank, General Edikar in Taral V was great fun 10 times over with people that don't listen...

Some of us did these on level and know what were doing, and yes you have to actually interrupt abilities, yes you have to actually move out of the way sometimes.....

There is a reason why Esseles etc etc was a low level FP, because it was a tank and spank, how can a level 10 with no iterupt do level 50 Fp's.

Absolute BS and I will not be touching any tacs again....

Edited by Nippon
Annoyed

First off, let me give you a big thumbs up for giving it 10 tries in an effort to teach newbies how to beat the instance. That having been said, might I suggest that, rather than swearing off tacs altogether, you politely exit ones that you feel require advanced tactics if the people you're with don't know them and won't listen.

First off, let me give you a big thumbs up for giving it 10 tries in an effort to teach newbies how to beat the instance. That having been said, might I suggest that, rather than swearing off tacs altogether, you politely exit ones that you feel require advanced tactics if the people you're with don't know them and won't listen.

Its not about them not knowing them mate, its about the fact the dont have the abilities to do them, Friend of mine spent 20 minutes in kaon getting perma stunned by the Silver mobs half way through because his group either wasnt high enough to get the interupt skill, or had no idea how to use it....

Its one thing to teach someone an instance but to teach them there class while your at it, is beyond a joke, especially when they dont have the required skill

:mad::mad::mad:

Not happy, moron idea, all FP's should be reset to 50-65 and the TACS that are designed for lower levels is all the lowbies should get.

Another great "feature" of 4.0 LOL

I was going to queue for FPs with my brand new level 15 wanting to check out Esseles, and to my surprise, I had to queue for all of them. There was no way I was going to be a red headed step child trying to tank a higher level FP when I don't have all the higher level abilities those FP require. I closed the window and deleted the intro to group finder quest.

Another "WTH BW?" moment.

Edited by HarleysRule

Y'all do realize that KDY was a level 55 tac that allowed low-levels, right?

Yep and i could do that instance rolling my face over my keyboard, it was designed for low levels.

Kaon under siege

Lost Island

And about 8 others were not

These instances were released at level 40 - 50 as level 40- 50 instances that require level 40 -50 minimum abilities.

Go to Lost island with a level 18 tank that has no interrupt and see how you get on, when one of the essential mechanics of that instance is to interrupt one of the droids abilities, if you don't, you wipe, even on a tactical.

:mad:

Dont even get me started on the fact any player can 1 click to level 60 now, who have done none of these instances and are in GF doing HM FP with no clue about any of them...........this update is great from one aspect, shocking from another.

Good idea, Totally wrong implementation. :confused:

Edited by Nippon

Y'all do realize that KDY was a level 55 tac that allowed low-levels, right?

Tacticals are not really an issue with low levels, they are already designed to accommodate odd groups with no tank or no heals. The real issue with groupfinder now is really the HM flashpoints that are absolutely not designed to welcome lowbies.

Another fail idea from BW.

Edited by demotivator

Go to Lost island with a level 18 tank that has no interrupt and see how you get on, when one of the essential mechanics of that instance is to interrupt one of the droids abilities, if you don't, you wipe, even on a tactical.

when the hell has a Tac FP needed a tank.

i figured you all would be pissed about the no gear drops for low levels had a guy say he that he was gone because of no gear and i was getting 200-208 gear.

Edited by lpipkin

Just throwing this out there, but all of the fps have been revamped into tactical fps meaning you don't need a tank or heals etc.... they are no longer regular fps that require certain specs..

On another note, just go directly to them if you want to run them and run them solo mode instead of joining the LFG if you are having issues with groups.

All fps (tacticals) are now able to be done in solo mode, just have to go there physically not through the LFG system and tell them you want to run them in solo mode.

So everyone can fail endlessly because lowbies dont have the abilities or knowledge to do a tough FP like Lost Island, which unlike all the cake walk 60 instances is actually quite tough....Fed up of getting in groups with level 25 players who think that a boss fight is just a tank and spank, General Edikar in Taral V was great fun 10 times over with people that don't listen...

Some of us did these on level and know what were doing, and yes you have to actually interrupt abilities, yes you have to actually move out of the way sometimes.....

There is a reason why Esseles etc etc was a low level FP, because it was a tank and spank, how can a level 10 with no iterupt do level 50 Fp's.

Absolute BS and I will not be touching any tacs again....

How do they get access to the higher level ones? While waiting for Harb to come back I have gotten to 15 and only have 1 tach FP open?

Edited by Upirlikhyi

All fps (tacticals) are now able to be done in solo mode, just have to go there physically not through the LFG system and tell them you want to run them in solo mode.

I tried this yesterday with Mandalorian Raiders and could not figure out how to get a solo mode. The only quest giver is the terminal and at level 65 it would only give me regular mode (tactical) and HM. If I abandoned the quest I could not go inside the instance or pick it up any other way than the terminal, which always and only offers tactical and hard as options. Anyone know how to enable solo mode for this one?

Another great "feature" of 4.0 LOL

I was going to queue for FPs with my brand new level 15 wanting to check out Esseles, and to my surprise, I had to queue for all of them. There was no way I was going to be a red headed step child trying to tank a higher level FP when I don't have all the higher level abilities those FP require. I closed the window and deleted the intro to group finder quest.

Another "WTH BW?" moment.

If you click filter you can toggle the ones you don't want to do off

Going to be that guy and point out that according to this all classes get their interrupts at 18. Also, it doesn't have to be the tank that interrupts the cast, anyone can interrupt it.

I can't say I've done the new tactical version, but when they nerfed Lost Island and stuck it in with the rest of the flashpoints I did it with a bunch of randoms and we were able to relatively easily get through the first boss despite no one having enough of a clue to actually interrupt the droid (I was a bit busy keeping people alive from standing in stupid and curing them of the fire to do the interrupting myself).

I see a few people in this thread have not done any of the old FP's with a level 15-22-32 etc etc, or have any interest in gaining the weekly which has to be done via GF.

Its fail, those instances are not designed to be done by under level 50 players, they have not revamped the mechanics, they have not revamped the commitments to skills, they have just bolstered everyone and put no other though into it.

Its fail, those instances are not designed to be done by under level 50 players, they have not revamped the mechanics, they have not revamped the commitments to skills, they have just bolstered everyone and put no other though into it.

Yeah, I was afraid that's what it would be. They love their bolster very much, but it's not the one-stop fix they want it to be. HP and damage are not everything.

Its not about them not knowing them mate, its about the fact the dont have the abilities to do them, Friend of mine spent 20 minutes in kaon getting perma stunned by the Silver mobs half way through because his group either wasnt high enough to get the interupt skill, or had no idea how to use it....

My evil Sith persona could not help but laugh at this. Sorry. Must be one of the most aggravating ways to go.

I have to admit that the FP bolster thing doesn't seem like a great idea in light of this.

Edited by Karkais