Today is a day that will live in MMO infamy.

carnac_fett

Great thread,

I cant check to see if i got my invite while im at work .. but even if i did im over my monthly data cap as it is.

So if i did get in ill be lagging my way as far as i can .... but im not going to take any time off .... i have the rest of time to play this game ^_^

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't that big of a fan of SWG pre NGE...was just a grind to master anything...don't mind a grind but when it became mind numbing it just wasn't fun anymore. Checked out the EMU SWG for a bit and realized real quick why I totally hated the old SWG Edited by Bhfractai

"But I was PROMISED that I would GET IN!"

No, no you weren't.

"Yes I was! It says right here that-"

That you would get in UP to five days early depending on when you registered your preorder. That could be anywhere from launch day to five days early. They have given us a GIFT. This is seven days early. This is a bonus for people who registered really early and was by no means a required offering. Suck it up, you'll be playing by the 20th at the latest. Unless you ordered a CE, of course, but that's a different story.

"BUT IT'S NOT FAIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!"

You're right. It's not fair to the rest of us to hear this kind of garbage from you. Do you not understand the concept of a bonus? It's something that not everyone is going to get. I didn't get it, and I'm not complaining, I'm just waiting eagerly for when September registrations get their access emails. Get this through your head: EVERYONE WILL BE ABLE TO PLAY AT LAUNCH. ANYTHING ELSE IS A GIFT HORSE THAT YOU ARE LOOKING IN THE MOUTH. Now get off that cross and go to your... no, get out of your room. And may the Force be with you. See you at launch.

(Yes, I know that this was a joke, this is just my general response to the people genuinely complaining.)

Just wanted to talk about that "ANYTHING ELSE IS A GIFT". When you pay for something, it's not really a "gift".

We (the one that pre-ordered) all added some $$ to that early access, you can't call that a gift to let people play before the "official" launch.

Oh and just to say, I'm not complaining about my access or w/e. Just wanted to clarify that gift =/= paid for.

Remember, remember, the 13th of December

The early access treason and plot

I know of no reason

Why the early access treason

Should ever be forgot.

An almost plagiarized poem for everyone who feels that they have been betrayed by Bioware for not being able to play instantly.

Patiently waiting for my email to let me into the game. ;D

Edited by Captainshorts

Remember, remember, the 13th of December

The early access treason and plot

I know of no reason

Why the early access treason

Should ever be forgot.

An almost plagiarized poem for everyone who feels that they have been betrayed by Bioware for not being able to play instantly.

Patiently waiting for my email to let me into the game. ;D

Nicely plagiarized.

November 2005 - Sony Online Entertainment releases The Trials of Obi-Wan expansion pack for Star Wars Galaxies. Two days later, they introduce an update called 'New Game Enhancements' that simplifies and changes the game's combat and class systems. Thousands of players demand refunds for the expansion.

June 2010 - APB: All Points Bulletin is released. Players spend thousands of dollars in its cash shop, purchasing weapons and cars. Two months later, the game is shut down. No refunds are ever issued.

June 2011 - After months of no updates, EVE Online releases an update that solely introduces player avatars which cannot be seen during normal spaceflight-based gameplay. Visible only in special "captain's quarters", they can be outfitted using accessories bought with real money. The most expensive item is a $70 monocle.

November 2011 - A Korean MMO named "M2" is accidentally deleted entirely. All accounts, graphics assets, and world data is lost. With no backups, the developer is forced to announce that the game service has been shut down permanently.

December 2011 - Early access for Star Wars: The Old Republic begins. Some people get in a day or two late.

Oh, the humanity.

I can't remember the day... but:

DATE?? Origin's Ultima Online releases Trammel. Tearing the very basis of the game and instantly losing about 90% of the population.

DATE??Blizzard's World Of Warcraft lead developer posts a now infamous "learn to play, casuals" less than a month after releasing Cataclysm. Loses a ton of players (3-5mil?) within 6 months of infamous post.