Flashpoints Solo

nimmerstil

Standing now in the dropship launch bay, just picked up "[Tactical] Flashpoint: Athiss" with my L34 Shadow.

Neither reseting the tactical flashpoint quest nor reseting the phase nor abbandoning the quest shows any kind of droid/questgiver for this solo flashpoint.

So what is wrong here? How i'm supposed to get the solo flashpoint quest.

There are only those six quest terminals here. Nothing else quest related. And taking one of those taktical quests on the terminal and abbandoning it does nothing, no droid or what ever appears offering the flashpoint as solo quest.

Just put a terminal here where we can take on the solo quest. POINT.

You (BW) did the same stupid stuff on rishi with all the 2-legged questterminals standing arround (the side quest questgivers.

Standing now in the dropship launch bay, just picked up "[Tactical] Flashpoint: Athiss" with my L34 Shadow.

Neither reseting the tactical flashpoint quest nor reseting the phase nor abbandoning the quest shows any kind of droid/questgiver for this solo flashpoint.

So what is wrong here? How i'm supposed to get the solo flashpoint quest.

There's a list of the solo flashpoints available on page one of this thread. Athiss isn't on there.

Just going to leave this here:

Solo Mode

The following flashpoints are available in Solo Mode at the indicated level. All solo mode Flashpoints can now be repeated as often as you’d like per day. The Flashpoints prior to Assault on Tython are available in solo mode for the first time!

• Black Talon (Level 10)

• Esseles (Level 10) (Coruscant departures)Fleet

• Boarding Party (Level 29)Imperial

• Taral V (Level 29)* (Telos Hangar Deck)Fleet

• The Foundry (Level 29)Imperial

• Maelstrom Prison (Level 29) (Telos Hangar Deck) Fleet

• Directive 7 (Level 45) (The Gav Daragon Mission Deck zadd mission hangar L3-V5 is mission giver)

• Battle of Ilum (Level 48)(Elevator down on Illum at first Out Post – Republic)

• The False Emperor (Level 50)(Elevator down on Illum at first Out Post – Republic)

• Assault on Tython (Level 53)* (Carrick Station Outbound Mission Hangar)(Forged Alliance Part 1) (lead up to SoR)

• Korriban Incursion (Level 53)* (Carrick Station Outbound Mission Hangar)(Forged Alliance Part 1) (lead up to SoR)

• Manaan Research Facility (Level 53) AKA depths of Manaan – (From Republic Councourse take Transit Departures) (Forged Alliance Part 2) (lead up to SoR)

• Legacy of the Rakata (Level 53)* (Carrick Station Outbound Mission Hangar) (Forged Alliance Part 3) (lead up to SoR)

• Blood Hunt (Level 55) (Rishi) (Bootlegger’s Market Just NE of vendors) (Frod Makora is quest giver. Then up ramp right by him) (SoR)

• Battle of Rishi (Level 55) (Rishi) (Rishi Village S of speeder taxi) (Jerwo Vhob is quest giver) (SoR)

You're right, thanks for the pointer, and I was wrong. I ... apologize.

Still one more point from myself: just ran taral v now, in solo mode, after several tries (and failures) as tactical with a 4-person-team. 3 chars between 60-65 and one level 30 commando healer with no graps how to play his char. So after several tries we gave up.

Completed taral v in solo mode now and it was actually a run i enjoyed. Ever boss was laid within a minute or so.

But: I did not got the quest points for the weekly conquest.

The weekly clearly states "Complete Flashpoint Taral V on any difficulty mode." This I did - but no conquest reward of 1000 points.

So still ... buggy.

Still one more point from myself: just ran taral v now, in solo mode, after several tries (and failures) as tactical with a 4-person-team. 3 chars between 60-65 and one level 30 commando healer with no graps how to play his char. So after several tries we gave up.

Completed taral v in solo mode now and it was actually a run i enjoyed. Ever boss was laid within a minute or so.

The weekly clearly states "Complete Flashpoint Taral V on any difficulty mode." This I did - but no conquest reward of 1000 points.

So still ... buggy.

I've seen at least one other post about that bug, so I think you're right.

So still ... buggy.

I've had this problem as well and the "any difficulty" wording makes me believe it is indeed not working as intended.

Unless "Solo Mode" Is not considered a difficulty mode. I'm spitballing, though. I wouldn't be surprised if they had originally meant for Conquest flashpoints completion to mean Story (Now Tactical) and Hard Modes. Solo Mode being it's own thing.

I know the wording is a little ambiguous and whatnot. Just one of those thoughts.

Yes, just choose Tactical mode.

Solo works for groups. I haven't tried the newly added solo modes like this yet, but I've run the Forged Alliances arc and the Rishi flashpoints partnered with a friend where we went into solo mode together. It's pretty ridiculous because you can both have a GSI droid following you.

The additions of solo mode and tactical mode for the legacy flashpoints and operations would be wonderful if they were actually additions. But they aren't. What I am genuinely disappointed with is that the option to run FPs and Ops in their original state was eliminated from the game entirely as solo mode and tactical mode REPLACED what we had instead of being added as play style choices.

I am trying to do Hammer Station in solo mode and I can't get an option to. Just Tactical and hard mode. I have deleted quests, reset phases and all the rest.

Why is there no SOLO MODE option right from the start?

The list of soloable FPs has been posted in this thread twice. Hammer Station isn't on there.

The additions of solo mode and tactical mode for the legacy flashpoints and operations would be wonderful if they were actually additions. But they aren't. What I am genuinely disappointed with is that the option to run FPs and Ops in their original state was eliminated from the game entirely as solo mode and tactical mode REPLACED what we had instead of being added as play style choices.

There is only three choices in the wheel... what ya going to do :o?

Solo mode is essentially a tactical mode variant with Jeezus droids anyway. So the current solo & tactical modes could be combined into a single tactical mode that scales characters & companions both up & down to match instance levels ... then assign Jeezus droid NPCs as party fillers where applicable. Offer this new Tactical Mode with a Legacy Mode (the option to run FPs and Ops in their pre-4.0 state) alongside the existing Hard Mode, and ... voilà! ... there are your three choices in the wheel. Full tacticals are better suited for GF anyway and probably shouldn't even be in the story mission dialogues to begin with imho. Edited by GalacticKegger

I just did the solo version of Boarding Party, but after completing it there appeared to be no way to leave the ship and I did not get the quest update for the final conversation with Malgus, the quest simply ended. I could only leave the ship by logging out. Bug?

There could be a potential sequence of 2 options.

Offer option 1 {Solo | Group}

If "group" is selected in that option: offer option 2 {Story | Tactical | Hard}

Or same idea, different approach:

Offer option 1 {Classic Modes | Level Sync Modes}

If "classic modes" is selected in that option: offer option 2a {Story | Hard 50 (or 55 or 60, whichever it was)}

If "level sync modes" is selected in that option: offer option 2b {Solo | Tactical | Hard}

Or if they wanted to put story / solo / tactical / hard on a single choice screen... Well, the interface has allowed the wheel to show 2 options instead of 3 in a number of cases so what if they just throw together a graphic for a wheel with 4 options and do that?

Or they could shift to the KotOR style choice interface for just that one choice frame and then the number of options there would have no limit. (It would just look a little weird.)

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

I just did the solo version of Boarding Party, but after completing it there appeared to be no way to leave the ship and I did not get the quest update for the final conversation with Malgus, the quest simply ended. I could only leave the ship by logging out. Bug?

I guess you never tried the exit area on top of your minimap. That usually works for me.

Hey!

Quick explanation. If you get the [Tactical] version of a Flashpoint but you want to do it solo, follow these steps:

• Abandon the [Tactical] version of the Mission
  • Head to the physical location where you zone into that Flashpoint
  • Next to the entrance will be an NPC which will grant you the solo version

Hope that clears things up!

-eric

But soloing HMFP was a challenge with pre-4.0 companions. Can't do that now. :mad:

I can solo tactical a now with little trouble. I.e. No challenge. Solo is a cheese fest.

I want my companions to wear gear again so their defense, absorb, shield, force and tech power actually work properly. Currently they do not. These post-4.0 companions suck compared to the gear equipped pre-4.0 companions. Sure their DPS is high and they have high HP but they melt during any high burst phase. Look at their defense, absorb, and shield stats. Hover your mouse over these stats and they are ZERO. Even in Tank stance my operative healer has better defense, absorb, and shield ratings. Companions are a joke and no one is laughing.

Those that say companions are Over Powered are not doing challenging content.

Edited by knowmyname

Thank you! This was exactly the information I'd been looking for for some time!:)

Hey!

Quick explanation. If you get the [Tactical] version of a Flashpoint but you want to do it solo, follow these steps:

• Abandon the [Tactical] version of the Mission
  • Head to the physical location where you zone into that Flashpoint
  • Next to the entrance will be an NPC which will grant you the solo version

Hope that clears things up!

-eric