Continuing pre-KoTFE Romance?

Daylooin

Will previous romance options (Elara Dorne, Risha etc) make an appearance and will you be able to continue your romance with them? Or is Lana and the new companions your only options from this point on. Because I'm feeling slightly foolish for not moving onto another romance on my Trooper; I figured I'd wait and see if Elara comes back. Edited by Daylooin

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of completing chapter nine, there are no appearances from pre-sor romanced npcs. You get a mail, but thats it.

The "Coming Soon" pop up when you finish #9 shows a picture a female Rattataki who im assuming is Kaliyo, so ill guess at least she shows up in that chapter. Who knows when the rest shows up

well coompleted all of it including idiotic 20 warzone crap to get one back for empire... And guess what bounty hunter companions except for a generic tweek and HK that cant use anything but weapon non of the bounty hunter camponions are back.. Guess they firgured next year maybe if anyones stupid enough to keep subbing.. this has made me cancel mine

As of completing chapter nine, there are no appearances from pre-sor romanced npcs. You get a mail, but thats it.

The "Coming Soon" pop up when you finish #9 shows a picture a female Rattataki who im assuming is Kaliyo, so ill guess at least she shows up in that chapter. Who knows when the rest shows up

I'm willing to bet a lot of the romances will be showing up in future chapters.

I'm surprise Scourge and Khem Val weren't brought back on launch, one is neither romancable and actually had some pretty good value in coming back (Come on, I WANT THE WRATH TO ME MY WRATH!) and the other doesn't speak basic, so there's not much Voice work to be done.

Yeah im going to agree, but knowing how bioware does things, it will be all the female romance npcs that show up first :p

My inq is ok with that since she happily glomped onto Theron, but my Wrath will be wondering why Quinn wasnt on the bridge of her ship...

I'm surprise Scourge and Khem Val weren't brought back on launch, one is neither romancable and actually had some pretty good value in coming back (Come on, I WANT THE WRATH TO ME MY WRATH!) and the other doesn't speak basic, so there's not much Voice work to be done.

Khem is probably never coming back as a companion for all classes because of his personal story choice.

Same thing with Dark/Light Jaesa, I doubt they'd make one or the other canon.

Yeah im going to agree, but knowing how bioware does things, it will be all the female romance npcs that show up first :p

My inq is ok with that since she happily glomped onto Theron, but my Wrath will be wondering why Quinn wasnt on the bridge of her ship...

I can only imagine the reaction Vette gives when she says my angry wrathy face.

Of course I should temper my expectation but shrug.

Depends on who youre thinking of, Im kinda pissed I romanced Jaesa Instead of Vette, Ive gotten a message from all my romances on all my different chars, (saying they'll wait for me etc) but Jaesa says shes found someone else, + her VA Isnt In the credits.... So I hope I get the option to romance Vette when she hopefully appears In 1 of the next 7 chapters :p

Thank you for that spoiler! I didn't want to cheat on my romanced companion unless I knew for certain that they wouldn't come back. Now I can play in peace.

Khem is probably never coming back as a companion for all classes because of his personal story choice.

Khem might not come back as a Companion to ALL characters no, but I'm awful surprised that he wasn't there to help rescue the Inquisitor from their five year nap. I mean, the Jedi Knight got his dinky droid back after all -.-

That was the biggest annoyance (aside from Treek and HK51 being useless now) in my book. WHY is T7 the starting companion for everyone in this expansion? Kid appeal? It would have made more sense if it was the first companion of each Class that was there when you woke up, Corso for Smuggler, Khem for Inquisitor, T7 for Knight, etc, because really out of everyone, aside from you love interest they would be the most invested in rescuing you as they've known you the longest.

I'm very disappointed in Khem now. That oath of his to guard my tomb didn't turn out to be worth as much as it seemed...maybe I should have started KOTFE wearing Tulak Horde's armor?

I'm currently waiting for Elara and Mako for my BH and Trooper (main characters).

I really like their personalities;

Hopefully, They'll add the old romance characters in the coming chapters. If not? We Riot! :cool:

i dont think they will and i think the reason is some of the voice actors for companions like.... Mako and Jaesa are voice actresses whos primary profession is ACTING not voicve acting i.e lacy chabert and rachael lee cook for mako and jaesa ... either they are to busy ow with acting roles or they are to expensive... to get back to do more voice acting.. cause they are after all semi famous... so imo this is biowares fault for getting them in the first place.

I don't get it, has this been a trend I never noticed?

aside from answer you already got, this actualy is kinda the trend with bioware. female npc's, especially female npc's romansable by male characters get much better treatment than male npc's.

you can trace that trend all the way through bioware single player games that had any manner of a sequel, going as far as baldur's gate. though its especially apparent in mass effect and dragon age franchises.

aside from answer you already got, this actualy is kinda the trend with bioware. female npc's, especially female npc's romansable by male characters get much better treatment than male npc's.

you can trace that trend all the way through bioware single player games that had any manner of a sequel, going as far as baldur's gate. though its especially apparent in mass effect and dragon age franchises.

That's not always 100% true but a decent estimate.

I mean, there WAS Ashly in Mass Effect...and Miranda...both of whom I took every opportunity to space when given. But that's just me.

i dont think they will and i think the reason is some of the voice actors for companions like.... Mako and Jaesa are voice actresses whos primary profession is ACTING not voicve acting i.e lacy chabert and rachael lee cook for mako and jaesa ... either they are to busy ow with acting roles or they are to expensive... to get back to do more voice acting.. cause they are after all semi famous... so imo this is biowares fault for getting them in the first place.

THAT my friend is what contracts are for ;) No matter how famous you become, if you signed it ten years ago, you still signed it lol

Maybe one day they'll impliment a speaking choice, like..

PC: Jaesa Williams?

Random NPC: Heard of her?

Choices;

- Noman Karr's padawan? (Darkside Jeasa)

- Noman Karr's padawan? (Lightside Jeasa)

We however are supposed to still have access to them outside of the story.

What happens to my existing Companions in KotFE?

When Fallen Empire launches, all of your existing Companions remain accessible to you outside of the story Chapters. In the KotFE story there is a specific cast of characters that is a part of that ongoing storyline.

-eric

I really like the kotfe story but it is idiotic not to have them re-appear in chapter 9. Its like they wrote the story before they knew they had to break up the chapters like they've done, they should have restructured the story but didn't.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.