The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bought a pack, did I get ripped off?

Rexhavoc

has anyone had decent luck with the Gold Armor set / Gold mount packs?

Curious to pull the trigger on either of them. Have a little extra CC -

One thing that can change the mind of Bioware with how the Packs are is us, the players, speaking with our CC wallets. If the sales of those packs drastically drop, they will look at ways to increase them.

But seriously, I DONT NEED A COMPANION ITEM - I HAVE TREASURE HUNTING! Why not one mount / armor set piece and randomize the rest.

The latest pack did seem like the biggest let down as far as contents go with CC packs too.

My $0.03

A little before 4.0 dropped I decided not to buy any more cartel packs. My own fault for spending an embarrassing amount of my own hard earned money to purchase a crap ton of a certain pack and then winding up with a dump truck load of nearly useless items. Useless both personally and on the GTN.

Nope, no more cartel packs for me. If they don't put, say, a specific armor set that I really want for straight up purchase then I just won't get it unless off the GTN.

I noticed a lack of cartel market items on my server this week. Normally there are plenty, but it seems like not many people bought the new packs. Bioware will get the hint, eventually.

I hope this is the case - also if you look at the pack contents for the latest one, its only 2 pages on the collection tab.

There is a Log though.

Just buy he Gold [insert Mount, Decoration. armour, etc] packs if you' want credits.

I bought one Gold Decoration pack for 800 CC and got a Commemorative Statue of Shae Vizsla. Sells for around 3 million on my server, I think it was worth it for sure :)

At the very least on a Gold Deco pack I can't see you not making at least 900kish.

Edited by Newyankalt

Yeah, but BW has a weird idea of what constitutes gold.

And I used to get a couple of hypercrates, maybe a third if there was something I had a spiritual need for. Now, I'm just glad I wasted 200 CC.

Seriously? TWO ITTY-BITTY ITEMS FOR 200? It's bad enough that the hypercrate fell to 30 packs. Buying one would be marginally acceptable to get if there were 5-7 things in it, with plenty of grumbling.

Now I'm not even interested. My wallet thanks BW for this slap.

Edited by Belpov

has anyone had decent luck with the Gold Armor set / Gold mount packs?

Curious to pull the trigger on either of them. Have a little extra CC -

One thing that can change the mind of Bioware with how the Packs are is us, the players, speaking with our CC wallets. If the sales of those packs drastically drop, they will look at ways to increase them.

But seriously, I DONT NEED A COMPANION ITEM - I HAVE TREASURE HUNTING! Why not one mount / armor set piece and randomize the rest.

The latest pack did seem like the biggest let down as far as contents go with CC packs too.

My $0.03

I got a couple of the gold armor packs and despite the steep price tag I was at least pleased with what I got out of them (I bought 2). I forgot what sets I got out of them but they all come with 1 complete gold armor set and an extra filler armor piece. One cool thing that I found was that if you go to your collections and check the description for each mount and armor set it'll tell you what level it's in(gold, silver, bronze) so you can at least get a decent idea of what you can possibly get.

Edited by DrakerNoir