The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Legacy names -- allow us to change them

AJediKnight

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the whole single surname idea for the Legacy system should be scrapped entirely. It doesn't make sens if you play both factions, much less different races on the same faction. Make a surname option unlockable, but limiting us to a single one is just a waste.

I agree with this. I really don't like the surname option at all, especially on my RP servers. My characters aren't in a family, were never supposed to be in a family, and won't be in a family. This means that I can only enjoy the surname on one character (or maybe two with the other being on the other faction) and the rest of them have to just suck it up.

On my non-RP server, I just picked the name of my favourite hockey team, which I simply use as a title rather than a surname because I play multiple characters and would be hardpressed to call one my "main."

74 pages of people saying to fix this...how loud do we have to scream for this matter to fixed

Allow us to re - edit our characters looks and their voices as well please

Thank you

Edited by fotch_

I have 8 characters now, 1 level 50, 2 20+, and 5 10+.... its getting aggravating that it affected all my characters... I don't see how they all can be related and such if they are different race... please BW let us change our legacy names.

I support a Legacy name change. At the very minimum a one time reset for ALL players should be given. If they want to charge folks after that, then I have no problem with it. I do not feel I should have to pay the first time due to

a) lack of confirmation button (really? no confirmation?)

b) no in-game documentation or warning

/Signed

I did deleate all my characters after creating a typo within my legacy name and this was with a newly dinged level 40, now I can see ways around having different species withing the same legacy (the aliens my sith employes) its still not what people want.

Surely they must see that people want this change. 74 pages in and no reply, this is getting silly :confused:

For me its hard to say yes or no to this.

Legacy should only be for each faction not sever wide and that some allowance for misspellings should be taken into account. A 24 hour window to change your legacy name would allow for correction of misspellings and by allowing it to be set to the faction not the server it allows you to change factions like the OP did and actually develop a legacy based on that.

However after that 24 hour window it should be set in stone and you need to live with your choice.

Presumably the legacy system will give some sort of points for each level in order to get stuff. I think a logical option for one of 'stuff' is a legacy name change.

This might also be why nothing has been said about this yet, because they haven't given out any details on the system yet.

Yawn...

Bioware do you even give a $hit? Do you want our money? Fix this. Now.

You screwed up, we screwed up, let us change them ffs... I honestly don't care whose fault it is (user or lack of confirmation w/e) obviously a lot of us messed up, it was fairly easy to do. I think we deserve some options for such an account reaching change other than "Reroll servers, noob...".

Edited by Sazabius

I don't think this is a good idea but maybe there can be a time limit just after you create the legacy name that you can change it the next... example: 48h

Just in case you messed up or misspelled or your friends make fun of you so you change it in shame :D

After the time limit expires the legacy name becomes permanent. Legacy name should remain the same for all time. That's just my opinion. :p

This was posted in another thread about the same topic... I think its a decent idea only i would lower the time you get to change it to 6 maybe 12 hours. Other then that; Learn to live with your poor choises... It's called "Consequense" and is a big part of this concept called "Choise"

I have 8 characters now, 1 level 50, 2 20+, and 5 10+.... its getting aggravating that it affected all my characters... I don't see how they all can be related and such if they are different race... please BW let us change our legacy names.

1. a gift by will, esp of money or personal property

2. something handed down or received from an ancestor or predecessor

3. ( modifier ) surviving computer systems, hardware, or software: legacy network ; legacy application

[C14 (meaning: office of a legate), C15 (meaning: bequest): from Medieval Latin lēgātia commission; see legate ]

The bolded part is why it is cross race and cross faction.

Secondly you made your choice on your legacy name. No one forced you to pick that name. Now that your not happy you want to change it. It was your choice and you need to deal with that choice.

I will say it again, a 24 hour window in which to change it to correct a misspelling then after that it needs to be set in stone.

I personally agree that it should be faction only as it makes no sense to me for my main to pass any kind of legacy down to the other faction.

Legacy

* A confirmation dialog is now displayed when choosing a Legacy name. The UI has been updated to better communicate Legacy name decisions.

Well according to the 1.1.3 update they recognize that legacy naming is unclear. Imo this should warrant at least one chance to reset your name.

/sign x2

Edited by Folgrin

I think it should employ a thing Star Wars Galaxies came up with while the game was still around. That we were able to change names once every 90 days and not sooner, but this would be for Legacy.

Because as the aforementioned 1st post said, she had a Jedi and now is a Sith and want's to choose a different name. And i know we all are probably not going to keep playing the same character class / faction all the time and would really like to change the surname later on because we changed factions and it just does not fit the role we are playing now!

+1 to legacy name change.

BUT it should require a lot of money (say: 1M) + very rare item (preferably something craftable from hard-ops drop recipe using purple BoP items?) + a lot of time (cross-planets questline involving visits in underworld on various planets, to finally reach corrupted officer in capital city - it should have scalable difficulty, so that lvl30 player could do it as well as lvl50 could, but both find it hard to accomplish).

+1 to legacy name change.

And it is not my mistake - there was no function like the "Do you sure you want to apply Legacy name"!

So... one misclick - and... BAM! Wrong Legacy name for all characters on all servers... Thx BioWare. Like u.