Free level 60 count towards completing class story?

GCGavin

On the left side of the character selection screen, it shows what class stories you have completed. If I use my free level 60 token on a character I have not completed the class story for, does that instant level 60 count towards that class story completion? I currently have 7/8 class stories completed, with the last one I need to complete being the Sith Warrior. If I use the free level 60 token on an instant level 60 Warrior will that count and grant me the legendary player symbol next to my name?

It was a legit question, snideness not required. Those of us that are still trying to figure out the SWTOR world may end up searching for this question and I'm glad he posted it.

How was he snide? He answered the question and stated where it was said before. It's a terse answer but hardly one I would call snide, which would involve some sort of insult in an underhanded way.

You know, by ending it with something like, "Didn't you read anything?"

It was a legit question, snideness not required. Those of us that are still trying to figure out the SWTOR world may end up searching for this question and I'm glad he posted it.

People like you are the reason no one wants to be helpful on the forums. That person gave a short but polite answer, and you're offended by it for some bizarre reason. Why you felt so insecure that you had to belittle someone for answering you with a simple sentence is beyond me, but apparently it is a common thing. I realize this is off-topic, since you already got your answer, but I do think that behavior like yours needs to be called out more.

My boosted lvl 60 is giving me a completed class story on my character select screen and his force lightening is available in my heroic moments

Then you've either done that class before or ypu have a bug or you are making that up for whatever reason.

Then you've either done that class before or ypu have a bug or you are making that up for whatever reason.

Definitely not making it up, no reason.

Not done it before, highest level warrior I have played is lvl 26 still.

Bug then, oh well will have to get it the old fashioned way

editted for pic of char login for proof

http://i57.tinypic.com/ayombk.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/2zyd0sl.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/255thr6.jpg

Edited by Darth_Penn
add pics

My boosted lvl 60 is giving me a completed class story on my character select screen and his force lightening is available in my heroic moments

I saw that after 4.0a as well. Under 4.0 that was not the case. Only seemed to happen with 4.0a. The real odd part is on the character conversaion section it shows all but one of the conversations as completed. why one shows incomplete I don't know.

So their either bugged it in 4.0a or it was supposed to count and it not counting was a bug in 4.0. Guess we'll find out in 4.0.1.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll just copy paste my post on another thread:

Actually, and in reality, this has been giving different results.

During Early Access, I've used my free lvl60 token to create a Gunslinger, and at his lvl62, I was given his legacy buff, along with the icon on the character selection screen. This instant lvl60 gave me a class story as completed, and consequently, contributed towards Legendary status.

The exact same thing happened with a Juggernaut, that I've got through a lvl60 token on the GTN. I already had the buff from my Guardian; but the class story appeared as completed.

This was also during Early Access.

However, two days ago I've started an instant lvl60 Assassin, who is already on lvl65. Yet this one, did not give me the icon on the char selection screen, neither his class story appears as completed.

I can only conclude that this is directly related to the patches that have been released - instant lvl60's were giving class story completion during Early Access, but currently, they no longer do that.

I'll just copy paste my post on another thread:

Actually, and in reality, this has been giving different results.

During Early Access, I've used my free lvl60 token to create a Gunslinger, and at his lvl62, I was given his legacy buff, along with the icon on the character selection screen. This instant lvl60 gave me a class story as completed, and consequently, contributed towards Legendary status.

The exact same thing happened with a Juggernaut, that I've got through a lvl60 token on the GTN. I already had the buff from my Guardian; but the class story appeared as completed.

This was also during Early Access.

However, two days ago I've started an instant lvl60 Assassin, who is already on lvl65. Yet this one, did not give me the icon on the char selection screen, neither his class story appears as completed.

I can only conclude that this is directly related to the patches that have been released - instant lvl60's were giving class story completion during Early Access, but currently, they no longer do that.

Same.

Started with 6/8, needed Inquisitor and Warrior.

My free 60 during early access was an Inquisitor, I noticed after the patch it had counted towards Legendary and Story/Companion Legacy completion. I was now showing 7/8.

My bought token (post-patch) became a Juggernaut, no completions register, still 7/8 missing Warrior.

I suspected it was the patch, but couldn't find anyone to corroborate the theory.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm reposting here again something from another similar topic - I apologize, but if I do so, it's because some people subscribe to certain threads, and get notified of new posts - so I just want everyone from this topic to read this, since it's a matter that raised many questions and uncertainties.

This might be an extensive post, so beforehand, I'll just go straight to the point - instant lvl60's are currently giving class story completion, thus, counting towards the Legendary Achievement - I completed it yesterday.

I just had to come back to this thread in order to share this, since this might actually work for some people, and also because this was incredibly random and unexpected. The Force is known to be strong within The Old Republic, yet sometimes, it just decides to reveal itself through the most surreal and awkward ways.

These screenshots were taken approx. a week ago:

Page 1 - http://puu.sh/lKC5M/6824a3826c.jpg

Page 2 - http://puu.sh/lKDwA/af007c2a52.jpg

You can notice 3 missing class stories, along with my 8 current toons, that correspond to each of the 8 classes.

Only 2 of my level 65's have completely legitimate class stories completed, as in having played through their entire class story.

Other 3 toons were created with the free instant lvl60 token, and with two instant lvl60 tokens bought at the GTN - these 3 had class story completion granted right after playing with them for a short while.

---Meanwhile, a patch was released---

The 3 remaining toons were created through three instant lvl60 tokens bought at the GTN, and did not grant class story completion. This includes my Assassin, that I had previously referred on this topic, the one that I have leveled to 65 just to try to get him class story completion, although at that time, even maxing his level, it did not work.

In my prior posts, I've addressed that patch: before it was released, I've managed to create 3 instant lvl60, that granted class story completion; after the patch, I've created other 3 instant lvl60, that did not contribute to the achievement; therefore, what we were assuming on this topic was indeed right - that certain patch changed something related to the Achievement, preventing new instant lvl60 toons from achieving class story completion.

However, something must have also changed in one of the previous patches, something also related to the Achievement; because as I've stated at the beginning, instant lvl60 toons are now granting class story completion, again.

So yesterday, I was randomly missing an ingame mail with some credits and mats that I've sent to another toon, but since it wasn't on my main 5 crafting toons, I had to visit the other 3 toons that I had stopped using, the "incomplete" story ones.

I found the mail, but there was a bigger surprise - this happened when I accessed my last toon, which I had only created but barely used, you can see that she's literally at the very beginning of KotFE, at level60:

http://puu.sh/lKCpn/49cdaabfa2.jpg

^

The Legendary icon just appeared! LOL!

And all I needed to do, was access my "incomplete" toons in order to complete their class stories, thus, unlocking the achievement. I've done this before, going through all my characters hoping that the class story completion would activate itself just by logging in with them, but it never worked; I can't even remember the last time I've tried, maybe 2/3 weeks ago.

Yesterday, those 3 missing class stories were automatically completed, only by logging into the 3 instant lvl60 toons.

Here's the Achievement as 'completed' on the list:

http://puu.sh/lKK8W/b7598faddd.jpg

And here's how my character selection screen appears rights now:

Page 1 - http://puu.sh/lKCYe/20ea3728bd.jpg

Page 2 - http://puu.sh/lKDZ3/435a1a4b54.jpg

Note: If you compare these two screenshots, with the ones above, taken nearly a week ago, you can notice that not even one single level has changed in all my toons. I've spent this week mostly crafting and doing heroics with my main to get Alliance supplies for him; so this wasn't leveling related, something else has changed that reactivated this.

May be Force be with you all, and may the Force guide you to this post if you have a Legendary Achievement waiting for you.

• 1 month later...
People like you are the reason no one wants to be helpful on the forums. That person gave a short but polite answer, and you're offended by it for some bizarre reason. Why you felt so insecure that you had to belittle someone for answering you with a simple sentence is beyond me, but apparently it is a common thing. I realize this is off-topic, since you already got your answer, but I do think that behavior like yours needs to be called out more.

A few months later...

I was researching this in hopes it would have changed by now. The original topic that is, when I came across this thread. I wanted to thank you and tell you, I agree. How poor behavior should be called out more. It always baffles me how and why people do this. Then scream victim. Quite annoying.

On a different note, does anyone know if they plan on changing how the tokens don't apply towards Legendary Player? I would imagine their stance on it has to do with "working the class storyline" etc. Or, do you have that thread available that was mentioned early on in this one.

its does count... but after a week

i had the free one for the expansion and brought one too and BOTH after a week brought up the legacy unlocks.... only downside is the titles u obtain whilst playing through u wont recieve

Folks... I am confused. Is it supposed to grant the abilities from finishing the stories or not. In my case, it did "not"... and I did not expect it too. I actually came into the community today trying to learn how to launch the story from a toon that started at 60 so I could have the ability unlock for my legacy.

I created a sage and I have Knights of the Fallen but I do not have the consular flagged as finished...

What do I have to do? Apologies, have not played the game in 12 months... so am kinda behind on the changes.

its does count... but after a week

i had the free one for the expansion and brought one too and BOTH after a week brought up the legacy unlocks.... only downside is the titles u obtain whilst playing through u wont recieve

Quick question: Based on my post 1 minute ago. Do I have to wait 1 week for the unlocks?

IMHO...It's totally bogus for anyone to get the full credit for buying a token. It takes effort to level every class, and that is the reason why the legendary status is desired. Purchasing a token to bypass leveling is one thing. Purchasing a token to get credit for something you never did is quite another.

IMHO...It's totally bogus for anyone to get the full credit for buying a token. It takes effort to level every class, and that is the reason why the legendary status is desired. Purchasing a token to bypass leveling is one thing. Purchasing a token to get credit for something you never did is quite another.

Well, we should be given the option to go through the full story again... It will be easy, but at least we get to see it.

I was hoping to be given the option to go through all the chapters... I have fished the chapters from KoF... now I just wanted to do the regular since i never played this class