How is the story so far?

SirRickson

Don't agree that the accomplisments are forgotten. In fact, I'd say the accomplishments are remembered quite well, it's just the seven other classes that are not considered as important as the eighth one is.

So whatever character you're playing, you are remembered very well.

Well, I guess we'll simply differ on opinion there. For me to, whether they were "remembered" isn't necessarily the issue... it's "Did they have any importance at all in the scheme of things?"

For me, the answer is, for now, no, it's all undone by the Eternal Empire. But, I guess we'll have to see where Bioware takes it.

As for the Eternal Empire. They (BW) needed an enemy that both the Empire and Republic could rally against, since they're going the route of one storyline. So, the made a new big bad.

That's the thing though. I totally understand and am okay with that route. Hell, they've down it countless times before (Revan, Dread Masters, Hutts, Malgus, Kephess, Vitiate etc.)

The problem is how they did it this particular time. Namely, having that new big bad be so powerful that it wiped out the Republic and Empire themselves, and everything important that happened before with them.

By the way PSA: I just created a compilation thread of most everything I said here, and referenced this thread. You can see my post here if you haven't already gotten enough of my ranting.

Edited by Swissbob

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think one of the things the story could have really used was an interlude where Senya, Koth, Lana, and the PC sit down to compare notes on Vitiate/Valkorion. Get both Zakuul's side of the story (hard but fair visionary god-king who did well by his people) and the rest of the galaxy's (visionary god-king who wiped out two planets with a stated game plan of ending all life in the cosmos).

It's clear that neither side has a complete picture of the guy, but I think it would have helped a lot to more fully address that scene where Koth, Lana, and Senya all claim that no one knows Valkorion like each individual person does. Koth gets offended and angry whenever you state that you hate Valkorion because of the immense evil he wrought on the galaxy, a reaction that really shouldn't stand if someone ever sat down and explained Yavin and Ziost to him - especially Lana and the PC, who were there at both places.

Imperial PCs in particular should have had an opportunity to point out that the Sith Empire's view of the Emperor was exactly the same view Zakuul has of Valkorion... until he decided that the Sith Empire had served its purpose and was no longer required.

Edited by Cythereal

I think one of the things the story could have really used was an interlude where Senya, Koth, Lana, and the PC sit down to compare notes on Vitiate/Valkorion. Get both Zakuul's side of the story (hard but fair visionary god-king who did well by his people) and the rest of the galaxy's (visionary god-king who wiped out two planets with a stated game plan of ending all life in the cosmos).

It's clear that neither side has a complete picture of the guy, but I think it would have helped a lot to more fully address that scene where Koth, Lana, and Senya all claim that no one knows Valkorion like each individual person does. Koth gets offended and angry whenever you state that you hate Valkorion because of the immense evil he wrought on the galaxy, a reaction that really shouldn't stand if someone ever sat down and explained Yavin and Ziost to him - especially Lana and the PC, who were there at both places.

Imperial PCs in particular should have had an opportunity to point out that the Sith Empire's view of the Emperor was exactly the same view Zakuul has of Valkorion... until he decided that the Sith Empire had served its purpose and was no longer required.

Why do you think that attitude wouldn't stay? For one, it's like he said, "He was always great to us." What does he care what he's done elsewhere, when he's likely not even sure he believes our Emp and his Emp are the same.

Next, look at the Sith Empire. Their leaders do terrible things. Their leaders would almost all do what Valkie did if given the chance. You have an Empire ruled by people who are only different from the Emperor in that they don't have the power and ability to do what he's done.

It's a railroad. Your choices don't matter. It is very pretty, but it is now a single-player console game and that is NOT what I pay a subscription fee for. If I can’t bring my level 60 character back into the pre-60 game world this will have been a huge waste of time and money.:mad: