Offer a method for boosted characters to get 1-50 class story titles.

Blake_R_

• 3 months later...

Your forfeiting the assorted titles by skipping having to level to 60. You want the assorted titles, actually level the character and you get them from doing the story.

You -chose- to skip the story and titles by making an insta 60.

Its not hard, i have 5 50+ sins and 5 50+ warriors.

Insta 60s are also the reason there is no achievement for getting a class to level 65.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

I agree that there should be a method of unlocking them. I don't agree they should be given them without earning em though. Perhaps an option to start the class story to back track on odessan? Like a 'memory holocron.'

You know, that would be intriguing.. a "memory holocron" that would give insta-60s the OPTION to run through the class story missions so that they can make the choices they wish and get the titles.

It would have to be a case where level didn't matter, and no XP was granted; JUST the opportunity to go back and earn those titles and make those choices.

Basically done as a flashback.

It's quite simple. I created a level 60 shadow but found that I had none of the titles. This is really bad for roleplayers who rely on those titles to distinguish between different Jedi.

Most of the roleplayers I know don't use the titles as everyone that has that particular character has the title so having the title is really not that great when everyone has it.

It says very clearly that you will get nothing by way of titles and achievements if you use the insta-60. That was the trade-off for starting KotFE immediately. If the titles really matter, put in the effort and get a char to 50. Given how easy they made leveling now, it won't take much time at all.

You know, that would be intriguing.. a "memory holocron" that would give insta-60s the OPTION to run through the class story missions so that they can make the choices they wish and get the titles.

It would have to be a case where level didn't matter, and no XP was granted; JUST the opportunity to go back and earn those titles and make those choices.

Basically done as a flashback.

Isn't this just a backasswards way of just starting a new level 1 for the story?

It's quite simple. I created a level 60 shadow but found that I had none of the titles. This is really bad for roleplayers who rely on those titles to distinguish between different Jedi.

You're right. It is quite simple: You chose pay to bypass all of the class story content, and purchase a level 60. You chose not to have those titles. Plain and simple.

It's amazing all the threads complaining about not getting titles, or not being able to do class stories, etc. after using/buying a level 60 token.

RTFM (Read The Freakin' Memo), or in this case the FAQ. Would you buy a car, or a house, sight unseen? Not if you had any sense. You got what you paid for. Or if it was the free token, you got a gift, don't cry about it.

It says very clearly that you will get nothing by way of titles and achievements if you use the insta-60. That was the trade-off for starting KotFE immediately.

This is a really weak argument. It does assume that anyone who uses his free complimentary character boost was willing to forfeit the possiblity of ever attaining those titles. The fact that you immediately start with KotFE doesn't mean that you are not willing to work for the titles later on. I can participate in KotFE to check out if the game has changed enough for my taste, but then decide to run through certain missions at 65.

The idea of a memory holocron is actually quite sensible. It offers people the chance to work for their titles again. Seeing that you are downboosted to planet level, running through the class story at 65 is not much more of a chore than it is at ~30.

By the way: If we assume that the trade off for starting KotFE immediately is that you cannot have anything that is remotely associated with your class story, every insta-60 character would not have an "Unavailable companions" list. Those companions are also unlocked by reaching certain parts of your class story. You just work towards 65 to get access to the Outlander quarter.

There is no harm in allowing people to run through the class story post KotFE to attain the titles. Or even before KotFE, even if just to unlock a romance/a title before starting.

Edited by Alssaran

Isn't this just a backasswards way of just starting a new level 1 for the story?

Yes it is and all it will do is trivialize the content even further by going back and doing the stories in max level gear at the max level for the planet.

Yes it is and all it will do is trivialize the content even further by going back and doing the stories in max level gear at the max level for the planet.

You cannot trivialize zero difficulty further. You already two-hit everything as a sniper on level and can't die, even if you need to AFK for a minute. You cannot trivialize this any further. That's why you might as well enable 65 to use a memory holocron. Everyone actually.

Choices have consequences. You made the choice to skip the story and therefore the consequence is that you have no class titles. You do not deserve a way to get them. If you do not like the consequences of your actions then make different choices, I.E. level a character the normal way for titles.

solution: take the time to start from one to 65 all u need to do is class missions these days and maybe heroics with friends you can get to a new planet or two each night if you work everyday. Thats like a weeks and a weekends worth of work stop being lazy with the level 60 tokens play the game have fun.

Choices have consequences. You made the choice to skip the story and therefore the consequence is that you have no class titles.

And I will ask this again, seeing no one attacking the OP's question has provided a sufficient reason for it:

You pay 2,000CC to immediately start KotFE. In what way would it hurt you that someone starts KotFE after paying 2,000CC, then starts the class story as soon as he is 65 and has nothing to do? In what way does it relate to you that he choose to pay 2,000CC to play the KotFE content first and the class story afterwards? And in what way is it unfair to you, seeing he would run through the entire class story to get the titles?

You do not deserve a way to get them.

Which is really bullsh*t. If he needs to run through the entire class story by clicking the Memory Holocron to get it, he doesn't deserve them any more or less than you do. And don't start with "the difficulty would be different!" now. We both know difficulty hasn't been an argument since 4.0. There is no difference in difficulty leveling from scratch or being downscaled from 65.

I.E. level a character the normal way for titles.

And again: How is the OP running through the class story by accessing the holocron in any way different?

Edited by Alssaran

Would you buy a car, or a house, sight unseen?

I did that once. Large British driving school companies have fleets of cars that their instructors use for six months or so, from new, and they then sell them on to anyone who'll buy them. You don't get to look at the car before you buy it (you see it for the first time when it arrives on a transporter), but you do know that:

* They are up to about six months old. (Mine was a depot spare, and was less used but nine months old. They called me specially to ask if that was OK.)

* They have been taken care of, never driven at insane speeds, and get a thorough service before they are sold on. It was in immaculate condition, until I parked it on its roof(1) one morning, but that's a story for another day.

(1) Yes, roof on the ground, wheels in the air. Not a recommended way to park a car.