What a mess

Guthlac

I'm sure nothing i say will make you think i'm not since you're trying to troll.

I simply do not agree with what you said.

Some people do not like change.

You just simply can not adapt to certain changes.

It just makes the people who can (me) thrive.

I applaud you for your butt hurt thread, but i'm sure the SWTOR world will live without your sub.

kek

/thread

Adapt ? really? Sorry but i dont think many people love paying for attempt to like trashy content

But thanks even such fan as your self summarised these changes :D

Edited by Mupus

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting to feel like NGE over here.

Glad i am on a time card and not a subscription. My time ends in November... and by the looks of things, i aint likely to want to continue past that time.

My main draw for this game as a whole, was stories and companion stories. Yes, i am getting more main story - 9 whole hours of it. Then nothing for 6 months. Then 1 hour per month.

Companions are now 25 times longer to level up their affection/influence and therefore story. So they totally destroyed that.

Glad I am not pinning my hopes and dreams on SWTOR and i have other games to flee to. (no not Warcraft so dont even go there)

Starting to feel like NGE over here.

Glad i am on a time card and not a subscription. My time ends in November... and by the looks of things, i aint likely to want to continue past that time.

My main draw for this game as a whole, was stories and companion stories. Yes, i am getting more main story - 9 whole hours of it. Then nothing for 6 months. Then 1 hour per month.

Companions are now 25 times longer to level up their affection/influence and therefore story. So they totally destroyed that.

Glad I am not pinning my hopes and dreams on SWTOR and i have other games to flee to. (no not Warcraft so dont even go there)

I envy you sir. Sub plans are deceiving things

I wonder how many people talking about it's like NGE all over again were at least old enough the play SW:G back in the days.

This isn't NGE, not even close to it.

The NGE thing has been brought up with pretty much any change that has been made in this game, lol

A true NGE level patch would be worth it just to see people lose their ****

Edited by Atma

I don't think all of the decisions they made were the best and I do hate it when things you worked hard for are either lost, rendered irrelevant or given away for free, but some of the changes may turn out to be not so bad. I would recommend hanging in there a bit and give it an honest chance. If you do end up not liking it, then by all means stop subscribing. In the end, your wallet is the best way to show how you feel and it's something that they actually pay attention to.

I don't think all of the decisions they made were the best and I do hate it when things you worked hard for are either lost, rendered irrelevant or given away for free, but some of the changes may turn out to be not so bad. I would recommend hanging in there a bit and give it an honest chance. If you do end up not liking it, then by all means stop subscribing. In the end, your wallet is the best way to show how you feel and it's something that they actually pay attention to.

A few seasons back Star Trek Online made a few...not so popular changes. The fans made their displeasure known and the major change was reversed as a result.

Just stick it out and complain long enough and there is a chance they might follow suit...hopefully.

Plenty of bugs, to be sure; a few I'm surprised at.

The return of comps' gear was a dog's breakfast, I still don't have any ship droids on any of my characters. Getting comps to actually gather nodes is hit and miss. The randomness of skills that needed to be retrained was a little odd.

A few seasons back Star Trek Online made a few...not so popular changes. The fans made their displeasure known and the major change was reversed as a result.

Just stick it out and complain long enough and there is a chance they might follow suit...hopefully.

Hahaha, this is Bioware. You call it stupid, they call it artistic integrity.

Hahaha, this is Bioware. You call it stupid, they call it artistic integrity.

Remember what happened with ME3? Yeah the ending was horrible, but at least they gave everyone a free extended ending DLC after we complained loud enough and several people brought up lawsuits against them ;)

The NGE thing has been brought up with pretty much any change that has been made in this game, lol

A true NGE level patch would be worth it just to see people lose their ****

I was there for the NGE and can tell you these guys don't know what the hell they are talking about.

God, the NGE was terrible. Sad part abut that was they were doing so many things right at the time too.

Remember what happened with ME3? Yeah the ending was horrible, but at least they gave everyone a free extended ending DLC after we complained loud enough and several people brought up lawsuits against them ;)

Never forget, those were some fine days of butthurt.

Yeah, the can call this what they want, but it was just a dumbing down of the game ala WoW. In WoW, you breeze to level cap and then the grind begins doing dungeons, heroics, mythics etc for gear. I haven't done end game in SWTOR, because frankly it's never entertained me long enough to want to. I've only ever hit level cap twice. Then this poop storm of an expansion hoses the game. I'm reading about all the stuff that they did that pretty much negated the real money people spent on the game, and it frankly sickens me. I'll never spend a dime on anything in this game. They better hope they fix this cluster fast before they lose subs, which is about the only way they are going to make money now. Subs. Spending money just to have it crapped on later by dev lack of vision is not going to fly. Nope.

This kind of thing happens with almost every game it seems. I'm not sure who here played Star Wars Galaxies but, when that game first came out and up until the CU, it was one of the greatest MMOs ever made (IMO). Then the CU came along....everything you had worked for was now either given for free or removed completely from the game. It killed the game, literally. That was the beginning of the end and why that game no longer exists.

Games just follow the progression of our society. The masses don't want to actually have to work for anything anymore so the people that do, that enjoy earning things and actually playing a game, get screwed because the gaming companies are only here to appease the masses.

I should point out that the masses are also F2P and preferred

As much as i appreciate how awesome it is that i can make whatever companion i want whatever role i want..

- Its sad that treek got caught up in the carnage. It was only treek who could swap effective roles during combat and now shes just like the others. Removing treeks utility sadly is coming across as a strong negative.

- It doesn't effect me as i roll tanks and healers.. but it would really suck to be a dps only spec for soloing?.. does the op healing cover dps classes for the white gold star bosses? So many sad faced dps players if not.

The companions seem much more op than before (or i wasn't getting any presence before and now i am), please don't nerf this. Thanks.

I haven't even started the expansion and I have to say I having a real hard time containing my disappointment. The dumbed down companions, void of any real individuality is just sad. Loken doesn't transform, no Holiday

Honest question: have you actually checked these or are you simply repeating the information from somebody else (who didn't check)? Because for those two examples you are completely incorrect. There isn't even any room for debate, that is flat out misinformation. Tharan still has the "Deploy Holiday" ability (when in heal mode) and Doctor Lokin most certainly still transforms into a Rakghoul (when he's in DPS mode, as it's always been).

I went ahead and grabbed some screenshots, so, here ya' go. Here's Tharan distracting an enemy on Black Hole with Holiday (note the level sync icon) and here's Lokin bringing the Rakghoul Plague to Section X (no level sync because the character is actually on level for Section X at the moment). If you'd like further proof, most of my characters are on Harbinger and I'd be more than happy to meet you and demonstrate these abilities personally.

Disliking the changes is one thing. I don't like all of them myself, honestly. But spreading blatant misinformation is something completely different and it annoys me to no end. It's extremely dishonest.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.