Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

SW:TOR NGE Bugs and Things that make you go HUH?

lone_war

Ok, I got to play today for about 1 hour so far, and these are the BUGS that I have discovered in 4.0 (NO Early Access, so just the stuff that COULD have been tested on PTS without spoiling ANYTHING)

BUGS:

If you had 8 (5 Story, Ship Droid, HK, Treek) companions you now have 7 as Treek is bugged and merges with the ship droid. With the bonus that you do NOT get any of Treeks Gear.

If you have an Improved Power Converter for your Star Ship for the PvE Space Missions, EVERY TIME you zone, it will go back to your inventory.

The Cybertech Schematics for the grade 7 Ship Modules (Armor, Missiles, and Shields) requires an "Obsolete Material" and thus can NOT be built any longer.

Armstechs are still able to Scribe the Old Slicing found Surge Schematics...

STUPIDITY:

Corso Rigs can NO Longer Use Blaster Pistols, and the Pistol he STARTED THE GAME WITH is NO LONGER Equipable by him. (So long Torchy)

Treek can NO Longer use his crossbow...

Yuun can NO Longer use Tech Staves...

People that had been Tradeskillers since launch have to pay ~2,300,000 Credits (For having one of each Manufacturing Craft, with Cybertech being the worst hit at ~700,000 Credits) to learn the New Schematics to actually be able to tradeskill anymore...

The Barrel 36 Superior Item Modification now has a level 60 requirement when yesterday it had a level 56 requirement, so I have several characters that can NOT equip their weapons until I rip out the barrels on them for ~10,000 credits a pop.

Make sure you goto your trainer to Relearn Heroic Moment... we have all forgotten it...

Influence to 250,000... now, instead of ~390 gifts to companions to get them to max affection I have to give them ~2,500, at 3 seconds each...

OLD ARGUMENTS

Level Synch = BLAH!

Two Step Tradeskilling = Double BLAH!!

Losing Companion Unique Maneuvers = Bummer

My plan is already to leave when my sub runs out in late November, I just hope the story that I get next week takes the bad taste out of my mouth that this patch put there. I do NOT want to have a bad opinion of BioWare when I leave...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I concur.

Also, the targeting reticle for Mortar Volley is now 8m, but the effect is still just 5m in radius. Not only does it make the attack hard to aim, but it's taunting us Commandos for being the only ranged class without an 8m ground-target AoE.

Ok, I got to play today for about 1 hour so far, and these are the BUGS that I have discovered in 4.0 (NO Early Access, so just the stuff that COULD have been tested on PTS without spoiling ANYTHING).......

Make sure you goto your trainer to Relearn Heroic Moment... we have all forgotten it...

Then drop by to the trainer to pick-up your Legacy Skills to use during your Heroic moment and find they no longer exist. :rak_02:

I confirm. This looks like Star wars Galaxies NGE update that makes that 70% of the players cancelled their subs....Items conversion is catastrophic. Companions disappeared. I CAN access to the new planet but it's empty of quests or npc, like in a beta test. Etc.

At first I thought it is funny that they dropped the pants of all my companions, but at least that stuff was in the inventory or mail, the stuff with Treek is far more annoying. On all my level 60s it seems Treek just counted as my ship droid, so I got the stuff on the ship droid but not the stuff he actually had on, including the customisations! I have not yet started the new story, so my Shipdroid should still be around on my level 60 chars, just like it is on all my lower level chars. Also, I hope that when I get my ship droid back, it will have the affection I bought for my main chafting characters with gifts once!

They exist just fine. Use heroic moment and they come up on a toolbar during heroic moment

Those popup toolbars suck.

Also:

Ship's droids COMPLETELY MISSING on some characters.

All companion pants missing, show up in the mail.

Some companions cannot equip weapons that they're supposed to be able to equip in 4.0 (not old weapons, the updated weapons for the new setup).

Will add more as they come up, and I'm sure they will.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

day 1 ...of... EARLY ACCES i swear people are crying wolf every second something goes wrong.

This IS 4.0 - just because it's early access for people that subbed between x and y dates doesn't change the fact that KotFE is live for everyone. Zero things will change between now and when everyone has access to the 61+ content.

One for the pile: Andronikos has apparently forgotten how to dual wield as well, and can't even equip the off hand blaster he came with. :rolleyes:

Edited by xDagurasu

Just chiming in to confirm the missing 2V-R8 on my main Sorc, and the fact I got all my comps' gear via mail or in my inventory. When I have time, in the next couple of days, I'll have a look at my (many) alts. :D

That said, I'm wondering what does Andronikos Revel have the ability to equip in his offhand slot now... He used to dualwield guns, but now he can't anymore. And in the skills menu, under Companion, he has no weapon proficiencies.

I lost him after starting the expansion, so no big deal on that regard. But I don't really see the point, tbh. What, am I supposed to buy him a knife if I get him back? Or a scattergun? Or nothing at all, since apparently some comps at random have offhands while others don't? :confused:

Also, am I actually supposed to keep my HK-51? I really like that tbh, would have missed him a lot otherwise... Just curious, as I lost everyone else. :o

Last but not least, as I said before I don't see the necessity of changing the mechanics behind characters if their lore goes against such changes. Corso Riggs is the most screwed comp in this regard. During his story you get to hear how he grew up shooting with guns, and occasionally rifles. Sniping is never mentioned.

However, with these changes he now becomes a Sniper, unable ot use guns. Which is what he's supposed to be a pro of. Weird much? :p

it's probably just me, but I learned during the SOR early release, that it is just live beta testing for those that spent extra money, which feels like a sham, but we are the suckers who paid for it.

I almost got boned 1/3 of the way through the storyline because I dared to leave at the end of chapter 3 to *gasp* do something different. Not all of us wants to ******** through all 9 chapters. I feel like a lot of the stuff is dumbed down, to attract the new players, but it makes us veterans feel like knowledge wasted. Earning gear for my comps was just as fun as earning them for myself. While I do like that all comps have the ability to do any role (so that we can shun those comps we hate, but keep around cause we need a healer for our mara....I'm looking at you Quinn), I don't like that we can't work towards them as normal.

I think torchy should either be included, or changes so that we can use, since we DID have an option to steal it for ourselves, but loved Corso's country ***. I wish torchy was a cartel market item so my "bad" slinger could have matching pistols...

I think level - sync is a great invention on their part, as the best way to give us new content, is to make older, skipped content more accessible. personally, I solo'ed a lot of the old H4's as a tank with a maxed out treek along the way to get the achievements, while still earning XP, but this allows people to enjoy these cool storyline side quests without too much additional work. Perhaps the people left on staff are more technical than they are creative, which fits well with what we have here.

The companion unique maneuvers will hurt most for me with Dr. Lokin and his unique DPS ability. Although it was still a pain to use, cause I would only use him with my concealment op, and everytime I would go into stealth, it would neutralize his combat stance, thus making me click on DPS on the start of each fight.

Lastly, I also plan to leave when my sub ends, mostly because I feel like the charge will end, and no new PvP content has been released....and well...Fallout 4.

Love how people are using NGE to describe the changes. I wonder how many ACTUALLY experienced CU and NGE, because:

THIS IS NOTHING LIKE EITHER OF THOSE!

No, it's not, but it IS frustrating. I particularly dislike how our fully voiced characters are no longer fully voiced, but use the old Silent Protagonist style from KOTOR when talkign to alliance members, and Bioware is acting as thought that's a GOOD THING.

it's not only immersion breaking, it's BLOODY IRRITATING.

No, it's not, but it IS frustrating. I particularly dislike how our fully voiced characters are no longer fully voiced, but use the old Silent Protagonist style from KOTOR when talkign to alliance members, and Bioware is acting as thought that's a GOOD THING.

it's not only immersion breaking, it's BLOODY IRRITATING.

please tell me its a bug, not a feature. its not a bug is it... mother of...

you know... I was already pretty grumpy about a lot of the changes, but apparently I didn't lower my expectations low enough >_>

Is anybody else missing abilities?

I am missing at least one form most of the classes, like double strike, power shot, possibly sniper volley (I'm bad with the names). Did I miss something in the notes that these or other things were being taken out or is it a bug? Oh and yes I did already check the trainer.

People missing abilities.

Some flashpoint drops have NO STATS.

Some texture bugs - I have done DIrective 7 more than 20 times on this exact laptop with everything the same except the game being 4.0. And today on my very first run right before the 3 assassin droid fight half of textures on the screen disappear, I get stuck, /stuck puts me in the same place. And only a pull from a sorc saves my ***.

Companions losing pants. haha.

What else... Ship droid missing, Treek bug were already mentioned.

Oh, uilities can't be saved without relogging and logging back.

There are more just can't recall anymore, a bit depressed.

Edited by Equeliber

Also, the toolbar at the top has the question mark symbol on a 2nd line. This happened when they introduced strongholds, and it required an emergency patch to fix. But what's really irritating is shelling out a fortune in credits to learn all the new skills. plus reverse engineering everything again. Agghhh!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.