Unable to spec Utility Points

DarkSaberMaster

You don't actually need to log out. Although it is a bug, and it should be fixed, there is a workaround without actually having to log out.

Just go to your stronghold, starship, or any other place that requires a load screen to access. I tend to go to my stronghold because I can then respec and just exit back to my previous location if needed.

-327-

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't actually need to log out. Although it is a bug, and it should be fixed, there is a workaround without actually having to log out.

Just go to your stronghold, starship, or any other place that requires a load screen to access. I tend to go to my stronghold because I can then respec and just exit back to my previous location if needed.

-327-

ty, u have been a great help :D

Found a workaround concerning missing abilities after respeccing. You need to specc again in the skill tree you were in before, and abandon multiple times until abilities are given again. Works for me. Hope that makes any sense at all :)

all the best

during ops you will agree, is absurd loading another place for respec
Yes, but the point is that once done, base skills do not disappear anymore after resetting spec, so if the manipulation is done preemptively, one become free to respec in ops without having to find a trainer again and again.

There will still be the thing with utility points, but that's one tedious thing less.

Every time i need to respec... then it just does not work!

Also need to re-learn at my Hutt trainer "auto-replaced" skills every time after spec swap. :rolleyes:

QoL! :D

Good thing you have a hutt trainer. I don't have one, so my field respec is garbage since I have to go on fleet every time to re-learn skills. What the hell is field respec for if you are forced to respec using skill mentor - he's located near skill trainer and utilities don't get bugged with him.

WHEN WILL IT GET FIXED? :mad:

to avoid retraining abilities respec twice. Tank -> dps -> tank -> dps and you will have all your abilities. You still have to change instances to apply utility points.

This bug is very annoying because I hate loading screens in this game. I spent 5 million credits to install gtn on the ship just because I was on the ship at the time and didn't want to load in to guild ship. And having to change instances twice just to be able to apply utility points is just enraging :mad: sometimes I want to change utility in an op for a particular boss and then I have to zone out, zone in and run back to the boss...

Edited by power-alex

• 4 weeks later...

How about this for great news. Nearly a month ago (11/05/15) I made a bug ticket about this issue (as described and worked around in the above posts by others) I was having with the respec on all my toons since 4.0 dropped, and pointed out that having people buy a field respec that doesn't actually allow you to respec IN THE FIELD was a complete waste of time and made zero sense, when it was working perfectly fine prior to 4.0.

Today, I finally got the following response:

I am Protocol Droid S2-M7, Human-Cyborg Relations,

Thank you for contacting us with your feedback and suggestions on how field respec should function.

In the items current state it only works in Strongholds and Guildships and I'm sorry that you find this to be a waste.

I appreciate the time you took to send me your impressions and ideas, and I can assure you that our Development team is always interested in receiving constructive feedback from our players.

To ensure that your ideas are seen by the right people, we recommend posting them on our Suggestion Box forum at http://www.swtor.com/community/forum display.phl?=349 so that they can be seen by the Development team. While our Developers may not post in every thread created there, they do read the forums on a regular basis, and are constantly looking for feedback from our players.

Thank you for your understanding, and we hope to see your ideas posted on the Suggestion Box soon.

Signed, blah, blah, blah, with post sig: a link to how to refer friends to play using the referral system that is currently also borked.

This was in response to a BUG REPORT. Am I being trolled or did this guy just admit the broken field respec is intentional and then take my pointing out the way it worked from inception until 4.0 as something I just came up with on my own that the devs would really like to hear about?

Edited by Nothing_Shines