[BUG] Starship Power Conversion Module (not GSF) Broken

headrush

No, more just in general. This is not a hard fix. If they're doing proper change management, tracability of where this went wrong should be easy.

Not a hard fix? Oh, so you know exactly where the problem is in the code and can just let them know then, right? Thanks! You're our new hero!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a hard fix? Oh, so you know exactly where the problem is in the code and can just let them know then, right? Thanks! You're our new hero!

Finding places where variables are set and removed? Not hard. Clearly something is clearing the space where that module is stored.

Hope it's fixed soon.

Don't hold your breath. The Dev team abandoned solo space content ages ago. Aside from the heroic mission update eons ago they've not breathed a word of it since. This is essentially dead content and honestly they need to just remove it because it's a distraction that continues to get people's hopes up but with no delivery from the EAware. They essentially scrapped space-on-rails for GSF.

I hate to be the constant cynic, but while this is a new thread it's necro'ing an issue regarding long-dead game content. Space-on-rails (solo space content) was essentially abandoned by the devs ages ago. We got the heroic space missions update as something to tide us over (or tease us and then no follow-through). The problem is that solo space content was a failed experiment, proving to be incredibly disappointing to many players and ultimately extremely unpopular (yes I know I'm not speaking for everyone, just giving the general tone of the response for a big chunk of the player base). We were then teased with GSF which the devs appeared to focus on in spite of, rather than in addition to, solo space content. It appears that hints, rumors, and allusions to new solo GSF content never has and probably never will pan out either.

Space content in this game has long been a big elephant in the room that the devs simply never got around to figuring out.

TL;DR: sorry you came into the game with a pretty bad bug in space content, but don't get your hopes up that we'll ever get anything more than *maybe* a fix for this particular bug. Space content is dead.

Don't hold your breath. The Dev team abandoned solo space content ages ago. Aside from the heroic mission update eons ago they've not breathed a word of it since. This is essentially dead content and honestly they need to just remove it because it's a distraction that continues to get people's hopes up but with no delivery from the EAware. They essentially scrapped space-on-rails for GSF.

I know not to hold my breath. I was being a little sarcastic with that.

And moving the customer service part to "EA Answer HQ" I've seen that before. Last time was Maxis and we know where they are now.

I hate to be the constant cynic, but while this is a new thread it's necro'ing an issue regarding long-dead game content. Space-on-rails (solo space content) was essentially abandoned by the devs ages ago. We got the heroic space missions update as something to tide us over (or tease us and then no follow-through). The problem is that solo space content was a failed experiment, proving to be incredibly disappointing to many players and ultimately extremely unpopular (yes I know I'm not speaking for everyone, just giving the general tone of the response for a big chunk of the player base). We were then teased with GSF which the devs appeared to focus on in spite of, rather than in addition to, solo space content. It appears that hints, rumors, and allusions to new solo GSF content never has and probably never will pan out either.

Space content in this game has long been a big elephant in the room that the devs simply never got around to figuring out.

TL;DR: sorry you came into the game with a pretty bad bug in space content, but don't get your hopes up that we'll ever get anything more than *maybe* a fix for this particular bug. Space content is dead.

It's a bug only introduced with 4.0. And shouldn't be hard to fix even if you'd hired a general moron with basic find and replace skills.

It's a bug only introduced with 4.0. And shouldn't be hard to fix even if you'd hired a general moron with basic find and replace skills.

I wasn't aware. I haven't touched space missions in almost 2 years. I remember there was a bug where the highest tier blaster or shield or something wasn't working at all and you were forced to use a lower tier item, but maybe that one was fixed. Regardless, I thought this was that bug.

My Sorcerer, Shadow and Operative all have this bug. My Powertech who also bought an IMP a few nights ago, does not. Trying to figure out how hers got "stuck on" and the others didn't... Ive tried logging in and out on fleet, planets, ship, and stronghold and with/without companions active after equipping it and cant get it to stick. She is also my cybertech, makes other ship parts but not these...

Anyone else have some toons bugged and others not? Maybe together we can find a workaround.

Can't believe this was reported 3+ weeks ago and its still not fixed. :mad:

Edited by Nvara

Having this issue as well. Module will equip but seem to get bumped back into inventory whenever I zone, including at start of space mission. Doesn't seem to be happening on all characters.

it's happening to all of mine