KOTFE Level 60 character creation is bugged

Mausen

Hey folks,

Quite a few of the CS tickets we are receiving are from players who are looking to get their start at 60 tokens back from characters that they actually wouldn't be refunded normally. Remember, once a character has reached level 61, you will not receive a refund on that token if you delete the character. CS cannot refund those tokens.

If you deleted a character before it hit level 61, then you should get the token refunded. If that did not happen, then please reach out to CS. Thanks everyone.

-eric

i am sure that there is some reason that making it to level 61 means that you can't re-use that token to start another character after deleting that one.

i am sure there must be a very good reason.

but all the reasons i can think of are NOT good reasons.

is there a blog post or something that can direct me to where this VERY GOOD reason is posted?

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am sure that there is some reason that making it to level 61 means that you can't re-use that token to start another character after deleting that one.

is there a blog post or something that can direct me to where this VERY GOOD reason is posted?

Reason - no, but warning - sure: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/7615

If you’ve created a new level 60 character and find that the playstyle of that Advanced Class does not suit you, you may delete that character before they reach level 61 and create another without having to buy a token from the Cartel Market.

Granted, it's in FAQ section and who reads instructions anyway, but they did warn us.

Edited by Mirandel

Reason - no, but warning - sure: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/7615

If you’ve created a new level 60 character and find that the playstyle of that Advanced Class does not suit you, you may delete that character before they reach level 61 and create another without having to buy a token from the Cartel Market.

Granted, it's in FAQ section and who reads instructions anyway, but they did warn us.

thank you for the response.

this is a clear statement that you can not re create a character off of that token, and i am guessing this is the best explanation of WHY you cannot re-create a character off of that token.

and by that i mean there is no explanation at all as to why.

that means the reason is so obvious that to ask WHY means you are trolling, or just too stupid to be worth answering.

i'd rather be thought of as a troll than stupid, but i don't think i am either one.

Hey everyone!

Over the past few days we’ve seen a marked increase in the number of players submitting Start@60 tickets related to getting their tokens returned, including a number of people who deleted level 61-65 characters expecting to get a token back. So, to reiterate what Eric explained, but also to try and clarify what to expect, here’s a list of things to consider:

1. If you are subscribed using a 7-day Referral, you are not eligible for KotFE, nor do you receive a Start@60 token. If you convert to a full subscription, KotFE, 2 additional character slots and a Start@60 token will then be granted to your account.
  2. If you use the token and level the character to 61 or higher, you are no longer eligible for a token refund. Deleting your character at that point is the same as deleting any other character you have created. If you need to restore one of these characters, you will have to submit a request to Customer Service.
  3. If you did delete a Level 61 or higher character and thought you would have your token returned, please be aware that Customer Service will simply restore the character you deleted. Due to the number of people who made this mistake, it’s going to take a number of days to get through the queue. Please be patient.
  4. If you again delete the character restored by Customer Service, thinking it will generate a new token, we’ve instructed Customer Service not to restore the character a second time. This is the same policy followed for all character restorations. Please use caution when deleting your characters (this is one of the key reasons we ask you to type DELETE before we actually remove a character from your list).
  5. Submitting multiple tickets about the same issue will not help your situation. Tickets are being handled in the order they were received, but submitting a new ticket may lower your priority in the queue. We are working closely with Customer Service to get everyone’s tickets handled. Again, please continue to be patient.

Thanks for your understanding!

Tait

Thanks for sorting out my level 60 token seems there was a hicup in the system when the store crashed and it didn't give me my 60 boost token and for some reason didn't show the 2000 cc deduction either except via my ledger.

Thanks again

:)

Edited by Avorniel

Hey everyone!

Over the past few days we’ve seen a marked increase in the number of players submitting Start@60 tickets related to getting their tokens returned, including a number of people who deleted level 61-65 characters expecting to get a token back. So, to reiterate what Eric explained, but also to try and clarify what to expect, here’s a list of things to consider:

1. If you are subscribed using a 7-day Referral, you are not eligible for KotFE, nor do you receive a Start@60 token. If you convert to a full subscription, KotFE, 2 additional character slots and a Start@60 token will then be granted to your account.
  2. If you use the token and level the character to 61 or higher, you are no longer eligible for a token refund. Deleting your character at that point is the same as deleting any other character you have created. If you need to restore one of these characters, you will have to submit a request to Customer Service.
  3. If you did delete a Level 61 or higher character and thought you would have your token returned, please be aware that Customer Service will simply restore the character you deleted. Due to the number of people who made this mistake, it’s going to take a number of days to get through the queue. Please be patient.
  4. If you again delete the character restored by Customer Service, thinking it will generate a new token, we’ve instructed Customer Service not to restore the character a second time. This is the same policy followed for all character restorations. Please use caution when deleting your characters (this is one of the key reasons we ask you to type DELETE before we actually remove a character from your list).
  5. Submitting multiple tickets about the same issue will not help your situation. Tickets are being handled in the order they were received, but submitting a new ticket may lower your priority in the queue. We are working closely with Customer Service to get everyone’s tickets handled. Again, please continue to be patient.

Tait

Things are getting better and better, so you didnt make testing before selling this item, you didnt listen initial bug reports and continue selling this item even knowing it is bugged, not releasing a hot fix for this issue at least disabling lvl 60 character creation not just removing item from market, not putting a warning message to launcher, there was a warning message a few days ago but not sure if it is about this since it was there short time and i am not daily logging in to this game but you had to kept it longer time since there are still items on gtn so people still buying selling and using it.

Over time developer teams are getting better and learning from their mistakes and not repeating it but it is complete opposite for you, RoTH release was not that bad, SoR release was awful plus giving a loooooong holiday was stupid idea, either you release expansion after holiday or you postphone holidays a little more, and KOTFE launch even there not much stuff added in game it is buggy and laggy. Hoping someday you will learn how important testing your expansion especially your dev. team is not that good like swtor dev. team.

Hello guys,

I have a problem: I deleted a week that one token character lvl 60 and from there I never had my 2 tokens back.

Please help.

You will need to raise a ingame ticket explaining exactly what happened and when,the more information you give them the better so they can sort it out faster.

:)

Hey folks,

Quick note for you. About an hour from the time of this post, anyone who had a start at 60 ticket sitting with CS will have that ticket closed, on the assumption that the issue is now resolved. You will receive an automated response/email from CS noting that is the case. If you still have missing tokens, please submit a new ticket to CS and they will work on getting you fixed.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Too bad that your Support folks don't read the tickets at all. I have had several tickets closed telling me my level 60 token was returned...which would be great if i had purchased any tokens. My issue was my free level 60 *still* can't be created without creating a level 1 character instead.

Not a single support rep has acknowledged this issue...they all seem to think I was reporting a missing purchased Cartel Market token, which I didn't.

Your support folks are either incredibly incompetent, or they are just mass closing tickets without actually reading them. Either way, giant fail.

Too bad that your Support folks don't read the tickets at all. I have had several tickets closed telling me my level 60 token was returned...which would be great if i had purchased any tokens. My issue was my free level 60 *still* can't be created without creating a level 1 character instead.

Not a single support rep has acknowledged this issue...they all seem to think I was reporting a missing purchased Cartel Market token, which I didn't.

Your support folks are either incredibly incompetent, or they are just mass closing tickets without actually reading them. Either way, giant fail.

That's why they are telling you not to create a second ticket, they are basically saying if we ignored your first ticket we will continue to ignore your second, third ..... hundredth ticket, so for sake of your time do not post more than 1 ticket because it will all be ignored. EA is famous for it's horrible customer support but bw can top that.

That's why they are telling you not to create a second ticket, they are basically saying if we ignored your first ticket we will continue to ignore your second, third ..... hundredth ticket, so for sake of your time do not post more than 1 ticket because it will all be ignored. EA is famous for it's horrible customer support but bw can top that.

I created multiple tickets way before this mess happened. I created multiple tickets because they kept closing them and quoting me incorrect information that had nothing to do with my problem. The 1st few tickets were closed and insinuated I had not qualified for the Early Access bonuses, and thus not qualify for the free level 60, however, I have not lapsed sub in 3 years...so those responses were 100% incorrect. So I raised subsequent tickets explaining that not only did I qualify, but that when I tried to redeem my free level 60, it kept creating level 1 characters - again, they ignored the actual ticket and sent me a response referring to the bug where people purchase a level 60 token and lose it when trying to create the character. I never purchased a token, so those responses are 100% irrelevant.

So what...I shouldn't put in ANY tickets now and just deal with the bug? I think not.

I created multiple tickets way before this mess happened. I created multiple tickets because they kept closing them and quoting me incorrect information that had nothing to do with my problem. The 1st few tickets were closed and insinuated I had not qualified for the Early Access bonuses, and thus not qualify for the free level 60, however, I have not lapsed sub in 3 years...so those responses were 100% incorrect. So I raised subsequent tickets explaining that not only did I qualify, but that when I tried to redeem my free level 60, it kept creating level 1 characters - again, they ignored the actual ticket and sent me a response referring to the bug where people purchase a level 60 token and lose it when trying to create the character. I never purchased a token, so those responses are 100% irrelevant.

So what...I shouldn't put in ANY tickets now and just deal with the bug? I think not.

what i read is to wait a month or two and when the fuss dies down because people have given up and went away submit your ticket.

but for now the response you are going to get is that the problem is something that YOU did [true or not] and therefore they have no need to take even the smallest look into your problem.

That's a bug then, CS can't fix bugs for you, file a bug report.

[*]If you use the token and level the character to 61 or higher, you are no longer eligible for a token refund. Deleting your character at that point is the same as deleting any other character you have created. If you need to restore one of these characters, you will have to submit a request to Customer Service.

Whilst I was not personally affected by these 60 token shenanigans, I'm rather curious and have to ask... why?

What is the reasoning behind this 'not to 61' rule?

Edited by wolfyde

Things are getting better and better, so you didnt make testing before selling this item, you didnt listen initial bug reports and continue selling this item even knowing it is bugged, not releasing a hot fix for this issue at least disabling lvl 60 character creation not just removing item from market, not putting a warning message to launcher, there was a warning message a few days ago but not sure if it is about this since it was there short time and i am not daily logging in to this game but you had to kept it longer time since there are still items on gtn so people still buying selling and using it.

Over time developer teams are getting better and learning from their mistakes and not repeating it but it is complete opposite for you, RoTH release was not that bad, SoR release was awful plus giving a loooooong holiday was stupid idea, either you release expansion after holiday or you postphone holidays a little more, and KOTFE launch even there not much stuff added in game it is buggy and laggy. Hoping someday you will learn how important testing your expansion especially your dev. team is not that good like swtor dev. team.

The big problem is no one is testing stuff before release.

Why ? because test server is closed for public use, that is the reason why no one went and test stuff out.

If we would get a public test server that is public so people can test stuff before release ( like eve online does, always set to public ) we would report errors and bugs before the release.

:(

Whilst I was not personally affected by these 60 token shenanigans, I'm rather curious and have to ask... why?

What is the reasoning behind this 'not to 61' rule?

^^^This.....I'd like to know this too. I was one of those who leveled mine to 61 and deleted him because I just wasn't enjoying the class. I have been looking for something that says WHY they made that rule, and why couldn't they give some sort of warning message before you actually delete the character?

^^^This.....I'd like to know this too. I was one of those who leveled mine to 61 and deleted him because I just wasn't enjoying the class. I have been looking for something that says WHY they made that rule, and why couldn't they give some sort of warning message before you actually delete the character?

"Please type DELETE" = "Are you sure? Really? Ok."

"Please type DELETE" = "Are you sure? Really? Ok."

I think he means that you get no warning when deleting a premade character that's been leveled past 60 that you completely lose your token. As far as I know that is only mentioned somewhere in the FAQ.

Hey everyone!

Tait

Hi Tait,

I know you guys are working hard to fix this issue, but mine is different to what you've included in your post.. In my situation I never received a token or had the option to create the lvl 60... Ive created an in game ticket, but I don't think the CS people understood what I meant, they told me that my token would be returned as if I'd used it and it didn't work... Then said I should login and see if there was an instant 60 available as it should have been fixed... I've updated the ticket to tell them it still says zero... I can only create lvl 1 toons... I'm not sure if this was because I had 23 toons before 4.0 was released.. I guess I'll wait and see what happens... Hopefully it will be fixed soon

So now after reading what you said ..... i guess not getting my token back. So i made a level 60 sorc on an european server. I love lightning sorc. But the problem is i leveled it to 61 to see if my skill would return . Nothing happend when i leveled my toon so i deleted it. HAlf my skills were missing and i am not speaking about playing the turtorial.That was before some started yelling about the refund. In that case either i have to get my token back or ill have to reduce my playing time and sub because it would be unfair. :confused::confused:. I mean i do love to play this game but if this turns out to be the same as World of Tanks......

Hellow there , I've just started playing kotfe, i've created my character (human) and then i've purchased from the cartel market a new species( the one snips plays in the clone wars) after that i tried to create a new character with that species but it says

I can only play with one character or get a token, my question is this , if i delete my first character wich i start playing kotfe will i be able to make a new one with the Species i've unlocked without needing to buy a lvl 60 token? Ty and sorry if my english was a bit bad..

Note ! I am still level 60...