KOTFE Level 60 character creation is bugged

Mausen

ok, so another question:

On the first day of early access (yes I got it), I successfully made a sith assassin (sith pureblood.) Immediately, I noticed that

1. the sith pureblood species was now globally unlocked, and

2. the sith inquisitor's companion completion legacy bonus had all been activated.

so today, I bought another token on the gtn, hoping for the same thing with a miralan jedi knight. Neither happened. Which token worked as intended?

The second one worked correctly. You are not suppose to get the legacy unlocks. It is a bug I noticed with trooper incorrectly unlocking for me on my second account.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

After posting the workaround information yesterday, we continued to investigate the issues that some of you are experiencing with your Start at 60 tokens not being restored. It does appear that in some cases, a player can end up in a state where their start at 60 character does not create properly, and then their token is also not being restored to them. We are going to be removing the Start at 60 token off of the Cartel Market immediately. Also, in the meantime, we recommend that you do not use any Start at 60 tokens as it is possible that you could end up in this state as well. Note that start at 60 tokens include those bought from the Cartel Market, the GTN, and the free level 60 granted to subscribers in KotFE.

It is our goal to get this fixed ASAP, and the moment I have more information on when we will be fixing it I will pass it on. If you already experienced this issue, hold tight, I will be getting more information on how to get your individual states resolved as well (contacting CS, waiting for maintenance, etc.)

Thank you for your understanding, I will pass on information as I have it.

-eric

What about other issues like not being able to keep your power conversion module on your fury class ship?

Hey folks,

After posting the workaround information yesterday, we continued to investigate the issues that some of you are experiencing with your Start at 60 tokens not being restored. It does appear that in some cases, a player can end up in a state where their start at 60 character does not create properly, and then their token is also not being restored to them. We are going to be removing the Start at 60 token off of the Cartel Market immediately. Also, in the meantime, we recommend that you do not use any Start at 60 tokens as it is possible that you could end up in this state as well. Note that start at 60 tokens include those bought from the Cartel Market, the GTN, and the free level 60 granted to subscribers in KotFE.

It is our goal to get this fixed ASAP, and the moment I have more information on when we will be fixing it I will pass it on. If you already experienced this issue, hold tight, I will be getting more information on how to get your individual states resolved as well (contacting CS, waiting for maintenance, etc.)

-eric

Decision is bold, but decision is necessary. The more people try, the worse the problem gets, so that was the best decision in the long run, as it's most likely slowing down the servers themselves (people spam-creating toons, exacerbated by repeated attempts to use the same lvl 60 token).

That said, they should try their hardest to get it fixed ASAP so they don't lose new/returning subs.

All of which is clearly spelled out in the user agreements. If you chose to accept them without reading them, that's on you, not them.

Love it when people try to excuse corporate greed. Because being entitled to a refund for a product that is delivered broken and not as advertised is totally in the mind of the consumer, right? Why should we get refunds? We should be darn thankful we're allowed to have money at all! -_-

Edited by Mevan

OK so this evening has been a bit of a waste. 4 phone calls, 3 failed attempts at a ticket what is going on?!

Resubcribed to the game today, interested in playing the expansion and especially getting the level 60 character as I only ever got to about level 28 and quit. I wanted to play the new content with friends.

Selected the free level 60 went through the create a character process and click play game! Character ended up being level 1. A quick look online and it seemed course of action was to delete and try again.

Deleted the character and tried again. Still Level 1. So I deleted it again. Now the token is gone.

Same old story that I see is plauging a bunch of people. No issue I thought I will just call customer services.

Spoke to customer services. They told me to raise a ticket under "BUG", which I did.

Got an auto response stating that they dont response to bug tickets... which begs the question why it is an option.

Spoke to CS again, they apologised and said raise it under "CHARACTER/COMPANION" which I did.

Got another auto response saying not enough information.

I can assure you the message was very descriptive of the situation and I could not have added any more info.

Called CS again... they said to raise under "GENERAL/OTHER", which I did.

I got ANOTHER ******** auto response stating that they do not have enough information.

Spoke to customer services again who said they cannot help.........?! seriously ***. Her actual response was "Well you can play the game why dont you just level a new character up to 60" :confused:

Can someone give a clear update on what the hell I need to do to get some support? This is absolutely shocking.

Edited by Chogguk
number of calls.

OK so this evening has been a bit of a waste. 4 phone calls, 3 failed attempts at a ticket what is going on?!

Resubcribed to the game today, interested in playing the expansion and especially getting the level 60 character as I only ever got to about level 28 and quit. I wanted to play the new content with friends.

Selected the free level 60 went through the create a character process and click play game! Character ended up being level 1. A quick look online and it seemed course of action was to delete and try again.

Deleted the character and tried again. Still Level 1. So I deleted it again. Now the token is gone.

Same old story that I see is plauging a bunch of people. No issue I thought I will just call customer services.

Spoke to customer services. They told me to raise a ticket under "BUG", which I did.

Got an auto response stating that they dont response to bug tickets... which begs the question why it is an option.

Spoke to CS again, they apologised and said raise it under "CHARACTER/COMPANION" which I did.

Got another auto response saying not enough information.

I can assure you the message was very descriptive of the situation and I could not have added any more info.

Called CS again... they said to raise under "GENERAL/OTHER", which I did.

I got ANOTHER ******** auto response stating that they do not have enough information.

Spoke to customer services again who said they cannot help.........?! seriously ***. Her actual response was "Well you can play the game why dont you just level a new character up to 60" :confused:

Can someone give a clear update on what the hell I need to do to get some support? This is absolutely shocking.

Similar thing happent to me when Elite Dangerous was launching.

They were not responding tickets, my friends account were bugged. I was so unhappy with their support that i said "now you can play the game yourself"... and yeah i dint play Elite Dangerous anymore...

I bought the game in preorder and i would buy all next expansions, but their lack of support made me quit playing this particular game.

I hope Bioware will be smarter and not lose paying customers the same way! :rak_02:

Not going to hold my breath on it and expected to get a sorry you are screwed cause you deleted the bugged lvl 1.

Don't be ridiculous. Firstly, it was Bioware that advised you delete the L1. Secondly, I've never in the history of MMO gaming every seen a company, 1st admit to a bug, then tell you to furkl off.

Anyone who has paid RL cash for the service be it as a subscriber or a token purchaser will either re-compensated or have the issue resolved. The only thing we have to 'endure' is how long it takes them to fix it.

Edited by Maalus

Hey folks,

we continued to investigate the issues that some of you are experiencing with your Start at 60 tokens not being restored

-eric

How about those of us who lost our tokens WEEKS ago, and have had absolutely no response to a ticket. Taking new tokens off sale doesn't help that. I am quite happy to sit on the token once it's restored and not use it until such time as you've resolved the issues, but I would like my token back please.

Edited by ZavienUK

How about those of us who lost our tokens WEEKS ago, and have had absolutely no response to a ticket. Taking new tokens off sale doesn't help that. I am quite happy to sit on the token once it's restored and not use it until such time as you've resolved the issues, but I would like my token back please.

Why? so it can bug out again? I would rather the try to fix the issue, THEN restore the tokens rather than waste countless hours restoring tokens that will just bug out again and lead to more tickets, calls, emails etc.

It will be restored when they've narrowed down the bug and fixed it.

Similar thing happent to me when Elite Dangerous was launching.

They were not responding tickets, my friends account were bugged. I was so unhappy with their support that i said "now you can play the game yourself"... and yeah i dint play Elite Dangerous anymore...

I bought the game in preorder and i would buy all next expansions, but their lack of support made me quit playing this particular game.

I hope Bioware will be smarter and not lose paying customers the same way! :rak_02:

I know three people in my personal life that have unsubbed. Four including me.

its a huge amount of new content guys figured there would be a bug when they added it on top of everyone making a new character that is level 60 with the new content something was bound to go wrong at first just sucks that this is what went wrong. should they have payed attention to it sooner yes and should they pay attention to the tickets yes those are there things they did wrong but the bug itself no. Edited by trueblackops

Love it when people try to excuse corporate greed. Because being entitled to a refund for a product that is delivered broken and not as advertised is totally in the mind of the consumer, right? Why should we get refunds? We should be darn thankful we're allowed to have money at all! -_-

Well said...my guess is that person works for bioware and is flaming those of us that are frustrated in losing our money. Sheesh just tell us we will get our token back when it is fixed and this will sort of go away.

Well said...my guess is that person works for bioware and is flaming those of us that are frustrated in losing our money. Sheesh just tell us we will get our token back when it is fixed and this will sort of go away.

That'd be too easy and too simple of a solution, something that EA is rarely known to opt for.

I noticed this yesterday(had no warning then). My character turned level 1 on the fleet. So I made a ticket, but I did make another level 60, and it also bugged out, it didn't get the character I created, but the one I created character from. So I do hope they will be able to give me some credits to make be be able to make the character I wanted on my (now level 61).

We've only been reporting this for two weeks now, with little and /or useless responses from support - and NOW you guys finally half admit it happens? Classy.

Just one more thing that shows what a lack of proper beta testing and vetting can do. This is something that could very well have been caught and resolved long before going live had BioWare really any understanding of good testing procedures.

Hey folks,

-eric

Yeah work around did not work for me. I was level 1 standing on the fleet. When I deleted the toon I did NOT get my token back.

Just one more thing that shows what a lack of proper beta testing and vetting can do. This is something that could very well have been caught and resolved long before going live had BioWare really any understanding of good testing procedures.

This is why Blizz ALWAYS has their PLAYERS, yes their players test new content for 2-3mo prior to launch. Players will catch things a 5man development team will not. A closed or Open beta would fix this. Take notes bioware. All they had to do was do something like offer "launch" players beta access. But they wont in a game like this they are too afraid of people giving massive spoilers.

Heck even crappy GW2 had an OPEN beta for their new xpax.

Edited by Zergnaut