Star Wars: The Force Awakens Final Trailer

Pirana

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont get too excited folks. I don't know how old you all are but I remember the trailers for Phantom Menace looking awesome too. I think the movie looks good, but after personally experiencing the disappointment of Episodes 1-3 I learned not to set my bar too high.

Disney can just take my money cartel coins and even all my gear for this game this movie looks amazing.

Right there with ya. Disney has decided to revive this franchise, got a very good director in J.J.... looks amazing. Cannot wait to see this movie.

A bit of J.J.'s lens flare in one scene, but I'll take that over never being able to see a Star Wars movie again.

Movie looks fn awsome so far.

Dont get too excited folks. I don't know how old you all are but I remember the trailers for Phantom Menace looking awesome too. I think the movie looks good, but after personally experiencing the disappointment of Episodes 1-3 I learned not to set my bar too high.

Phantom was average, I'll give you that, but overall, still gave some insight as to why.

The prequels have set the bar so low that it will be impossible for episodes 7-9 to be worse than 1-3.

Need some John Williams..

After watching this a few times, it's nearly sounding like a Star Trek/Star Wars movie.

Yeah, someone dub Poe's scream with Kirk's "KAHN!"

Anyway, I am sure we will hear enough John Williams in the actual movie!

Until then I am going to worry about those lense flares, the one shot on the bridge of the ship looking out was a little too much for my taste, hope there won't be too many more.

After watching this a few times, it's nearly sounding like a Star Trek/ movie.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought it sounded too much like a Star Trek trailer.

The intro and end music, especially when the star wars logo appears didn't feel very star wars.

They added the Bespin love theme from Empire Strikes Back at 1:05 but some fans are already pissed about that, you can see in the comments for the trailer.

Wow... bring back the fun in Star Wars please. You don't get to go straight to Empire Strikes back drama when you haven't even set up your characters yet.

At 1:21 you can hear a new action version of the force theme with chorus, this is where things turned a little star trek.

If this trailer's music was all done by John Williams it's going to take my brain some time to process and get used to it being star wars. I don't have the luxury of having an 11 year old brain and watching a star wars movie for the first time, I don't immediately recognize these new themes as star wars or 'the force awakens' yet.

I'm hyped. Take my money, Disney!

and nice people over there:

http://i.imgur.com/Ypmjdlg.gifv

I'm hyped but I'm caught looking for flaws.. I want this to be good but it's making me skeptical. Edited by Falensawino

The trailer itself...it was quite nice.

We saw our first glimpse of Leia, and to my knowledge this is the first time we've heard Kylo Ren speak. It was Andy Serkis in the original trailer correct?

We've still have no real reveal of Luke, which means either we'll see a quick glimpse of him in one more trailer or they'll wait until the movie is actually out.

Either way, I think it'll be fun.

Edited by CaulderBenson

I'm hyped but I'm caught looking for flaws.. I want this to be good but it's making me skeptical.

If it's average, it'll still be better than all three of the prequel movies.

Revenge of the Sith is generally considered the best of the prequels, and it's average at best.

I think it'll be fine.

Phantom was average, I'll give you that, but overall, still gave some insight as to why.

I think The Phantom Menace was my favorite trailer, actually. The whole "Anakin Skywalker, meet Obi-Wan Kenobi." Really got me excited.

"I will finish what you started"

It seems to me that a certain someone said something very similar not too long ago.

You caught it too, then…? First time I found it was from the Star Wars CoverGirl make-up.

After watching this a few times, it's nearly sounding like a Star Trek/Star Wars movie.

Star Wars has a completely different tone than Star Trek, originally anyway and in TNG/DS9/Voyager. It's more like the most recent Star Trek movies were more like Star Wars.

true and because of that i promised myself i wouldn't get to excited but the trailer ruined that, i gave in.

But the big difference is, Lucas is not writing, directing, or editing. Yes he created something great, but between Episode 6 and 1 somewhere, he lost the plot. Maybe too many "yes-men" who wouldn't criticise him.

I can only see things being restored to what the fans enjoyed. Disney payed $4 billion for the company, and I can only see them doing everything they can to make the franchise as big as their Marvel label.