"The amount of credits dropped from defeated NPCs has been greatly reduced."

DakhathKilrathi

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Translation: they're going to control how much you can earn in a day through time sinks (level sync) and limiting credit sources to mission rewards. This is a pretty major nerf.

Credits are about to become a lot more valuable.

You can thank the gold farmers/sellers for that change.

Most people who have millions (or more) got it through quest rewards, crafting, and playing the GTN, anyway.

Most people who have millions (or more) got it through quest rewards, crafting, and playing the GTN, anyway.

People don't make credits through dailies. Not people who actually have credits. It's just not efficient enough for the time spent.

Slicing is going to have a lot of competition very soon, I think.

Edit: And very few people make any real credits through crafting. It's much more profitable to just sell the mats involved.

Edited by DakhathKilrathi

There's a number of spots in the open game where you can earn a huge amounts of credits by killing low-level mobs in Heroic+4 areas. These areas are generally infested with credit farming bots.

As long as they increase quest credit rewards appropriately, no players will even notice and the bots/credit farmers will have no more reason to be there.

You can make millions by doing pvp to if you know how to work the medal system well, less that is changing you can basically do a bunch of matches inbetween other content and walk away with a nice purse full win or lose in the end you can evutally make at-least 4k per match.

As long as they increase quest credit rewards appropriately, no players will even notice and the bots/credit farmers will have no more reason to be there.

Do you trust them to do that? I don't.

You know what would combat the bots? Actually doing something about them. I know of a few bots that are obviously bots on The Ebon Hawk who have been there for months now.

Edited by DakhathKilrathi

Edit: And very few people make any real credits through crafting. It's much more profitable to just sell the mats involved.

Thats not true, if the mats for an item are more expensive then the item, then the item will be bought more and become more expensive.

Also if the mats for the item are more expensive then the item, no one would craft and sell the item...

Also if the mats for the item are more expensive then the item, no one would craft and sell the item...

You would think so! However, many items return duplicates when you craft if you crit, which drives the price down. Additionally, I don't think people always check mat prices before they price an item. At least on my server, mats are generally much more valuable than any item you can craft with them for most tiers.

Thats not true, if the mats for an item are more expensive then the item, then the item will be bought more and become more expensive.

It depends. A player with only a few max level chars will do best crafting, buying what mats he needs.

Players with a lot of alts with relevant gathering professions will make their money either selling the mats or crafting, whichever is most profitable. Suffice it to say that the more characters you have at max level with max affection and appropriate professions, the more options you have. And the more credits you can make.

Go check outside of the first heroic on Corellia. Or check the quest in the Black Hole where you free the engineers. Or go check the heroic on Ilum.

The Heroic+4 on Alderaan, the dam area. Tons of mobs in there, open world, quick respawn and they drop lots of stuff to vendor and lots of credits.

People don't make credits through dailies. Not people who actually have credits. It's just not efficient enough for the time spent.

Slicing is going to have a lot of competition very soon, I think.

I personally make millions, on a regular basis, crafting mid level (25ish-45ish) blues and greens. Granted, starting tomorrow I'll have to re-evaluate my crafting strategies, but even with all of the changes, I don't expect much of a hit to my imaginary wallet.

I personally make millions, on a regular basis, crafting mid level (25ish-45ish) blues and greens. Granted, starting tomorrow I'll have to re-evaluate my crafting strategies, but even with all of the changes, I don't expect much of a hit to my imaginary wallet.

You should look into dye kits. It's a river of credits without end.

You should look into dye kits. It's a river of credits without end.

That's where a lot of my focus is probably going to be, since Artifice is losing the enhancements. I miss the days when I could sell a single cyan, purple, or magenta crystal for over a million credits each, but the cartel crystals ruined that market.

Most of my money will probably still come from my biochem crafter, though.