ForceFanatic

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So an update:

I called Customer Service. The person said between 1 and 3 hours. The manager is in a meeting and probably regarding this as i am waiting for him or her.

Based on how the person replied I think they have no idea how long it will take so I would go for the 3 hour mark for safe measure if you have to work the following day.

----------------------------

My big gripe isn't really the server going down things happen.

When things like this happens, the message gets sent around the staff. The least they could do is leave a message as a sticky on the server status page and the server section of the forums and tweet.

So I'm on the phone waiting for the manager to ask how hard it is for them to make an announcement when things like this happen.

Edited by DorjeeVajra

Poor guy

Been back all of maybe two weeks since I left two-ish years ago. Aside from Yavin IV playing like utter **** 90% of the time, its not been too bad. I did like waking up after an hour of sleep to be told by my buddy that the server had just crashed maybe 90sec prior.

So an update:

I called Customer Service. The person said between 1 and 3 hours. The manager is in a meeting and probably regarding this as i am waiting for him or her.

Based on how the person replied I think they have no idea how long it will take so I would go for the 3 hour mark for safe measure if you have to work the following day.

----------------------------

My big gripe isn't really the server going down things happen.

When things like this happens, the message gets sent around the staff. The least they could do is leave a message as a sticky on the server status page and the server section of the forums and tweet.

So I'm on the phone waiting for the manager to ask how hard it is for them to make an announcement when things like this happen.

Thank you. 100% agree.

So what did they tell you when you called?

That it's being worked on. They don't have a definite timescale, but should announce something within the hour. He asked if I had any characters on other servers I could play and apologized if not. And said if it's not up within the hour to look online for an update.

u can check server status here without opening game itself http://www.swtor.com/server-status

Reloading won't help the server is down.

Just got of the phone with a manager at support and told him to have someone to at the very least get on the forum,s and post a sticky with what is going on and the best approximate on how long it could take and if they don't know then at least tell us.

looks like it could take around three hours if they aren't sure, possibly longer.

Hopefully a moderator or support staff will follow through and respond.

I'm going to sleep.

Ok, So me and two of my friends JUST decided to come back and give SWTOR a try before the new XPac and i just about to create my first toon on Harbringer the server we chose, got that excited feeling to be back just reactivated my sub was like oh yea this is going to be awesome... then BAM... down for life

I've been back for about two weeks, subbed up, got some cartel coins. twice for the 40$ limit and then the servers are down....

I think what pisses me off the most is that they cant even post or comment on it.. I don't pay a **** ton of money for them to ignore us and not give us an answer, or hell, any update at all. What the ****. I am losing out on the 12 xp and my sub time. I don't pay for this ****. This is *********** ridiculous. I do not care what the reason is, There is no reason the staff cannot update a single server on the issue going on. I literally before I got on gave 40 for the MAX amount of cartel coins to have my sever ALONE down.. This is ********. Let alone I know they wont give an exsention on the 12 XP or anything to those who suffered from the night down. This is a wasted night and a day of wasted Sub. Do something about it. Do not give us some ******** excuse about how some random event occured and are working on it, Give us something in return as we help to keep your *********** game alive. We enjoy the game, Not your ******** errors and exucses for a SINGLE server being down. DO SOMETHING. Give US something. Those who help keep you alive Or I swear to all that is holy I will make it my mission to stop people from playing this game because you cant keep your players happy.\

Edit: Screw this. I am done with this game. No mod post, NO NOTHING. You are a worthless team of devs and mods. I am done with you all. Time to move on and stop coming back to this game and spending worthless time AND money on something none of you see as more than a paycheck. I am done with game and it makes me sick I just wasted over $140 on this game in the last 2 weeks.

Edited by xXKialandixX

Dev post:

Harbinger Down | 10.18.2015, 10:59 AM

Hey everyone,

The team is diligently working on getting The Harbinger back online, but I currently don't have an ETA. I'll let you know when I get any updates!

-Tait

2 hours late and no Info of any kind.

Dev post:

Harbinger Down | 10.18.2015, 10:59 AM

Hey everyone,

The team is diligently working on getting The Harbinger back online, but I currently don't have an ETA. I'll let you know when I get any updates!

-Tait

2 hours late and no Info of any kind.

Because they don't give a ****. They just care about their own paycheck and no care whatever that its US, The players that are paying them to give us this info, help and giving us something for us to be effected by it..

They will give the same *********** exucse "oh we are sorry for your server being down. we ran into some error that we had to fix right away but we are sorry, here is nothing for your wasted time, effort and money on the issue. Thank you"

This isn't some grand conspiracy. They're just doing their jobs. At this hour it's an uphill battle, let alone having someone there who doesn't have set protocols on how and what they can communicate to customers. It can feel like they're working against you, but they're not. It's not like they have a lot on their plate for the next few days.

If this makes you irate. If it brings suspicions of deceit and indifference. If you're unable to conceive of any situation that doesn't bring rage front and center. Well, your biggest problems have nothing to do with how they're running this game, but how you set your priorities. And how quickly you project villainy and take up the standard of victim.

srsly, of course sometimes it happens that server goes down for some reason, but really, i dont understand why it is so hard to write a normal announcment with some explanations. apologies and prognoses? If they care only about their paycheck shouldn't they work hard to make more ppl pay them? Where is the *********** logic here?!

Called customer service before seeing someone had done so in this thread. Wasn't told it was an emergency maintenance, I think whoever said that meant it more literally than it normally gets thrown around. Just sounded like they're not a hundred percent certain what the issue is, or at least what the solution is and don't want to post an update without some sort of information. Or it could be an exploit issue they don't want to explain in any manner without getting it locked down.

I'd expect all the West Coast servers to go down if this was actually a DDoS. So who knows what's going on. A lot of things can go wrong and this is a bad time for them to do so.

I'm just scared to go back to playing Sword Coast Legends, reminding myself that I paid money for it... but I will, with some stupid hope that it'll get better.

Somewhere in Austin........

(Knock Knock)

DEV CREEP: UHHG

IT TEMP MINWAGE: Sir, I am here for your meeting Sir,

DEV CREEP: YOU INTERUPTED MY BEAUTY REST

IT TEMP MINWAGE: But you were very specific on the time you wanted e to see you in the email Sir, You said 0200 come wake me up? ...Sir

DEV CREEP: (growls while rubbing his head) rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr AND YOU INTERUPTED ME..............................

IT TEMP MINWAGE: ...............................

DEV CREEP: WELL GET IN HERE THEN HURRY UP

(Shuts Door) The Meeting!:

DEV CREEP: SO WHAT IS THIS ABOUT

IT TEMP MINWAGE: Sir I don't know, you called the meeting Sir,

DEV CREEP: Uhhg RRRRRIGHT , HOW ARE THINGS IS IT READY TO BE SHUT DOWN?

IT TEMP MINWAGE: Is what ready Sir?

DEV CREEP: THE GAME THE STUPID THING THAT GETS IN THE WAY OF MY NAPS AND MY GOLFING

IT TEMP MINWAGE: No Sir, we are getting ready to introduce new content Sir, remember when you told us to just make up whatever, who cares?

DEV CREEP: Uhhg ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY THAT SWTORIES ARE STILL ACTUALLY PLAYING......

IT TEMP MINWAGE: Yes Sir, Very much so. After the discount server transfers which when we made a ton of money getting players to pay to migrate off the dead servers a large concentration have gathered on The Harbinger, Sir

DEV CREEP: UHHHHHHHHGGGGGGG SO LET ME TRY AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SPEAKING BEFORE I NOD OFF.

PEOPLE ARE STILL PLAYING

IT TEMP MINWAGE: Yes, Sir

DEV CREEP: THAT WAS NOT A QUESTION IT WAS A STATEMENT

AND THEY ALL GATHERED SOMEWHERE DID WE GIVE THEM A SPECIAL PET OR DECO

IT TEMP MINWAGE: Sir, For What Sir?

DEV CREEP: THE SWTORIES FOR MAKING THERE OWN CONVENTION SOMWHERE

IT TEMP MINWAGE: Sir, Harbinger is a server......Not a place....

DEV CREEP: Uhhg THERE YOU GO WITH YOUR GEEK TALK BUT I DONT UNDERSTAND I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING TO MAKE THEM GO AWAY WHY WONT THEY JUST GO AWAY I WANT TO LIVE ON MY COUCH EATING THREE DAY OLD PIZZA IN MY UNDERWEAR.

IT TEMP MINWAGE: Sir, there is a loyal fanbase that actually enjoys the game.

DEV CREEP: IMPOSSIBLE AT THIS POINT WHO COULD POSSIBLY STILL WANT TO WASTE THE TIME I MEAN STARWARS BATTLEFRONT BETA IS AVAIILABLE

IT TEMP MINWAGE: ...............

DEV CREEP: Uhhg WHERE DID YOU SAY THE LARGEST CONCENTRATION OF THESE SWTORIES IS

IT TEMP MINWAGE: Sir, The Harbinger Sir

DEV CREEP: SHUT IT DOWN SHUT THE SERVER DOWN NO EXPLANATION NO MEME NO RESPONSE JUST SHUT IT DOWN AND WALK AWAY

IT TEMP MINWAGE: But...

DEV CREEP: IT SHUTS IT DOWN AND WALKS AWAY

IT TEMP MINWAGE: (Leaves office closes door)

DEV CREEP: Ugly Secretary hold all my calls...

UGLY SECRETARY: You already told me to sit quietly at my desk and never disturb you

DEV CREEP: THEN WHY ARE YOU TALKING?

This isn't some grand conspiracy. They're just doing their jobs. At this hour it's an uphill battle, let alone having someone there who doesn't have set protocols on how and what they can communicate to customers. It can feel like they're working against you, but they're not. It's not like they have a lot on their plate for the next few days.

If this makes you irate. If it brings suspicions of deceit and indifference. If you're unable to conceive of any situation that doesn't bring rage front and center. Well, your biggest problems have nothing to do with how they're running this game, but how you set your priorities. And how quickly you project villainy and take up the standard of victim.

Let me guess, this is your first MMO..

Wow the server has only been down for a few hours and this happened after regular business hours.

What's not to say they are working as hard as they can to figure out what is wrong in order to fix it?

Stop being so self entitled and crying over everything. Go sleep, get a drink, do something else. Sometimes it helps to be unplugged.