The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Female Vaylin Romance?

ShieldProtection

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am conflicted about this, because I do want proper stories that make sense, but... I am going to disagree, because it took them so long to get started with this, so long before the very first [Flirt] at the same gender was possible, that of course it's all mashed into the end of the story, because that's where they began.

I'd agree if they would properly fit in some sgr into the 1-50 experience, which they won't, so I'd rather they just provide options and have people decide for themselves whether they want to go there or not.

Agree with this. Years of clamoring for SGR's, and now that they're finally introducing the concept into the game (and no, I don't really count Makeb), it would compute that they have some ground to make up, including, in my opinion, some options with original companions. My sorcie had no SGR options (and wouldn't have had one, regardless...Ashara is THAT irritating), so Lana was a welcome addition to the mix (and it was why one of my 'free level 60s' was also a sorcie). But Inquisitors are the exception - pretty much every other class has companions that would present decent SGR options. I'd dump Lana in a hot minute if the sorcie could get Risha or Jaesa.

As for Vaylin? Sure...with a lightsaber under the pillow...just in case...

It does appear that Vaylin is being set up as a recruitment option.

When she senses you during chapter 2, you can ask for her help in freeing you from carbonite.

The Scion trials never have her as one of the visions to fight despite having Zakuul mooks appear and Heskal's insistence on her death.

You fight Arcann twice but both fights with Vaylin are interrupted before they start.

What is it with guys and crazy?

Seriously... you don't want crazy, you want stable and sensible... Vaylin is just crazy...

All you guys drooling over and fantasizing about boinking crazy just keep feeding the "Guys will sleep with anything" trope :p

Edited by XiamaraSimi

That's very odd, as the Dohvakin was supposed to be able to romance both males and females freely. When I wore the Amulet of Mara, I got flirted with by both men and women, regardless of the gender of my own PC.

Yup my character was a female who married Mjoll the Lioness.

As for the topic, I would LOVE to hook up with Vaylin.. But I also would settle for her hooking me up with her *********** tailor!!!

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

;] Hey now, I'm a chick and would love some Vaylin romance for my 'Aylmao' Inquisitor. She can be the crazy to his sassy deadpan jokes.

"You've got a crush on me!"

Yes, i'm sure the romance will be awesome when she's lopped off your head and uses your lifeless corpse in a puppet show.

I have a very crazy idea. Bear with me here. I know it sounds completely hilarious, but read:

How about you play the expansion to find out?

I certainly don't play my female characters to ask what female character I can hook up with next. But whatever floats someones boat. So how about you just play your sniper and find out by running through the story? If it works, great. If it doesn't, too bad.

This....and if you have romanced Lana then you are already playing KotFE and as such you know as much as us OP>

Yes, i'm sure the romance will be awesome when she's lopped off your head and uses your lifeless corpse in a puppet show.

Ahh, such happy bonding moments.

I am rather curious on if she will stay that crazy however. Didn't Valkorian seal away most of her personality which resulted in her being the crazy lady she is today?

Ahh, such happy bonding moments.

I am rather curious on if she will stay that crazy however. Didn't Valkorian seal away most of her personality which resulted in her being the crazy lady she is today?

According to Arcaan, that block broke when Arcaan stabbed Valkorion in Chapter 1. Vaylin has been testing the limits of her new powers for a while.

I have a very crazy idea. Bear with me here. I know it sounds completely hilarious, but read:

How about you play the expansion to find out?

I certainly don't play my female characters to ask what female character I can hook up with next. But whatever floats someones boat. So how about you just play your sniper and find out by running through the story? If it works, great. If it doesn't, too bad.

There's nothing wrong with him asking to see which characters they might can romance. Some people like to plan ahead and if they know who they can romance then they can save up the appropriate gifts. Besides that's hawt! It's a fantasy world so you might as well add a bit of fantasy back into it right?

Nothing wrong with checking. Sorry but I don't know if she can be romanced or not. I'm still waiting on Azshara to come back to me. She didn't send me a "You jerk" letter so I'm hoping she'll still like me. I never cheated on her.....at least I hope I didn't. I miss my companions being on my ship and they need to put someone other than a droid back on my ship. It just feels so lonely and cold in space now.

According to Arcaan, that block broke when Arcaan stabbed Valkorion in Chapter 1. Vaylin has been testing the limits of her new powers for a while.

I thought she was still caged off for the most part. Right now, she seems a lot like a tranquil Mage from Dragon Age except she still has some of her magic-y force abilities. Emotionally she's stunted, which is why I find romance with her odd...she's not truly herself.

I don't remember what Arcann says exactly, but my interpretation was that Vaylin is still learning how to make the most of her powers in spite of what her father did to her. I don't recall her being completely free. I think that would be a pretty dramatic event.

Hello

I have female 60 sniper, I will able to romance with Vaylin? (dunno its possible or not) Because I was able

to romance with Lana

Thanks in advance

I think she's more likely to want to painfully kill you regardless of the gender of your character

Exactly. It greatly cheapens the uniqueness of the romance & characters when everyone shares the same taste. I like my romances to feel special, not factory produced.

I said that exact thing in the SGR thread, and I was flamed. Hell, in Dragon Age Inquisition, you had some characters that preferred certain races over others.

Edited by cool-dude